It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, "The Fourth Kind", explain the "hoax"? (The owls are not what they seem)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riaglo Mirezra
reply to post by Wookiep

DUDE, IT'S A MOVIE, HELLO!!!! IT'S BEEN WIDELY DEBUNKED! HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF A MOCKUMENTARY? APPARENTLY YOU HAVE NOT.

Thanks for your wonderful contribution!

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I haven't seen "The Fourth Kind", as a matter of fact I forgot all about it until I came across this post. Whether it's a fake documentary or not, it still looks really good, so it's at the top of my list of movies to see in the future.

As for the owl thing... who remembers the movie "The Mothman Prophecies"? Also purported to be based on actual events. Pretty spooky. Indrid Cold etc...

edit=spelling

[edit on 3/19/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

You can only go about disproving that it does, so you are never going to get at 100% PROOF.

Good point, and this is very true when talking in terms of the "paranormal". What *can* and and probably will be proven in this case however, is if the "video footage" was real/fake simply by actor/producer confessions. It happens all the time when elaborate marketing is done.

Let me note that in this case, it has obviously gone too far if the general opinion on ATS is true.

If Charlotte Milchard acted in this movie it *Will* come out. So far, IMDB does not even have "The Fourth Kind" listed as a role in her portfolio (yet?).

[edit on 19-3-2010 by Wookiep]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mandob453
article on missing persons in alasaka never realized that many people came up missing

The vast majority were young runaways who eventually turned up alive.

Since the database was established in 1988, more than 53,000 people have been reported missing. according to the census bureau there is only 698,473 as of march 5 2010.

The vast majority were young runaways who eventually turned up alive.

your statistics leave a lot to be desired

lets quote your own article again

Last year, some 3,780 people were reported missing across the state........................ In all, some 217 people reported missing last year are still missing today

ok - now using the 217 [ 2002 stats ] never seen again as a guide an estimate for numbers actually missing over the last 22 years = 4774 thats < 1% of the figure you are implying

you have - for some reason used the " reported missing " figure - and failed to subtract the " later discovered " a critical mistake

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
at the risk of repeating other posters - can the people that believe this movie really is " based on true events " and contains " actual archive footage " please explain why none of these casefiles have been publicised or discussed prior to this movie or why none of the archive footage has been seen prior to this movie

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Excellent post!
Thanks for the many links and quotes!

I was aware of the missing persons reports in Alaska having something to do with weather and alcohol..relayed by the FBI.

The examiner seems to have a similar opinion on the subject

www.examiner.com...

The movie did also mention that names and professions had been altered to protect those involved. It does make me wonder if the location could have possibly been altered?

I was not aware of Universal "paying" for the right to show false footage and claim it as real?? What a mess. Iv'e heard of viral marketing, but this is insane, and should not be allowed in hollywood.

Of all posts yours has been the best, so kudos there.

I will await the actors and producers confession on this (as they always do, tho in this case they seem to be taking much longer then projects like "Blair Witch".)
[edit on 19-3-2010 by Wookiep]

Thanks

As far as them saying names and professions have been changed, again, this IS marketing. The entire story is false. If any doctor on this planet had done something like this it would have been on various UFO/Alien sites and more than likely ATS. It was all done for marketing, to get people interested to see it. Most people will see a movie if it's based on a "true" story. Most "based on" type movies are about half true and the other half is for ratings and ticket sales.

You will more than likely never hear the actors or producers and such say this movie was false. What do they care now? They got paid, they didnt have to pay out to Nome, Universal did. The makers of Blair Witch were first time film makers so of course they came out later and said it was fake. I dont see Mila Jovovich coming out on this topic. She hasnt said anything about it and I dont think she will. I think you are grasping at straws here. The film is fake and IMO it was done badly. The footage doesnt even look real in any way. When I saw the previews I knew it was false. Personally I dont think they should be allowed to market movies like this ESP ones with a topic like this.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Well, mblahnikluver again thanks for what you've brought to this thread, I appreciate it!
(star)

Never is a very strong word, so lets not use it! This *is* ATS afterall. I'm pretty sure at some point we'll get something leaked from Hollywood about this movie.

I agree with you that this strategy should not be used on hollywood, again *if* we are winding this up in agreement that the whole thing is a hoax.

What this has taught me is this.

1: Hollywood can potentially *pay off* whoever they want to create a false representation of "real footage" (that's not real footage *combined* with OTHER hollywood footage that they tell you they admit is fake, for representation purposes only) to promote their movie, which of course revolves completely around $$$$$.

2: Hollywood can claim over "62 hours of *REAL* footage/audio" (watch the movie and check it, I'm not lying) including hypnotic therapy sessions by abductees, as well as police dash cam footage. It also gives them the right to record *any* audio recordings and blatantly lie about their "authenticity". They can claim this and out-right LIE to the general public, and if they get away with it (which they will, and through other recent market strategies they have proven this) No-one cares because it's just a "movie for entertainment only" or a "mokumentary" even though this was NOT what the clever marketing campaign ever claimed to be.

3: This proves to me that hollywood can blatantly lie to you, with very little to no consequence. Call me "Naive" but does anyone else remember the "disclaimers" that used to be LEGALLY required when presenting "real" footage? This will make me ignore further LEGAL notices like viewer discretion is advised because chances are, it's fake anyway!! lol

4: This *does* hurt the REAL watchers of the sky even worse than before. (the internet has already done enough with all the fake videos etc, notably YOUTUBE videos) Alien disclosure and UFO phenomenon including abductions are just about ready to be obsolete. The sad part is, it will be just as obselete on your T.V. set as it is here on ATS. (they are equal IMO, anymore) It adds further fuel to the CGI HOAX, swampgas, lens-flare faked LED on a string.
There is virtually NOTHING that anyone can do to prove UFOs or ETS any longer.

Good day!

Edit: bite your tongue everyone who jokes because we are in an age where you never know what is REAL and what isn't (even with disclaimers!)...and THAT is true for everything you see on T.V. or otherwise, so laugh all you want, doesn't make a difference in the long run, because you're (WE ARE) the one/s being hosed from the truth.

[edit on 20-3-2010 by Wookiep]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
If this helps...here is the actress who plays Dr. Abigail Tyler

www.imdb.com...

Her name is Charlotte Michard and she is an actress.

What I don't understand (looking at previous posts) how you could not, after having seen her pictures on IMBD not see that it is the very same person that is in the movie?

Just curious...

[edit on 20-3-2010 by seeker11]

[edit on 20-3-2010 by seeker11]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

Lol thank you.
I *beg* you to read to OP. Don't even do that! Just click the links??? Don't even read the links in the OP.
Just read the comments THEN links in the thread? You'll find that your link and many like it have been posted quite extensively!!!!! Actually no more than a FEW responses before this was it addressed! Thanks!

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Lol thank you.
I *beg* you to read to OP. Don't even do that! Just click the links??? Don't even read the links in the OP.
Just read the comments THEN links in the thread? You'll find that your link and many like have been posted quite extensively!!!!! Thanks!

My apologies, but the following statement from you is what confused me.

"If Charlotte Milchard acted in this movie it *Will* come out. So far, IMDB does not even have "The Fourth Kind" listed as a role in her portfolio (yet?)."

Which is why I responded with what I did...

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

No worries.
Your IMDB link confuses me even more now however, since you knew I was obviously refering to the SAME actress?? No? Oh well.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
And just for kicks so that you realize I DID look at IMDB. HERE is the link

farm.imdb.com...

Now, my point was that "The Fourth Kind" Is_not_on_her_resume.

Edit: Yet.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

3: This proves to me that hollywood can blatantly lie to you, with very little to no consequence.

Of course they can.
They do it quite often, and they play loose with the facts all the time.

Here is Joel Coen on the issue regarding the claim made in the film that "Fargo" was a true story, even though it wasn't. It was, they later claimed, simply an amalgamation of various cases they'd read.

"if an audience believes that something's based on a real event, it gives you permission to do things they might otherwise not accept."

MTV Movie News

Look at the movie "Fire in the Sky" for example, which was supposed to be based on Travis Waltons' book about his alleged experience on-board and alien vessel after being abducted in front of witnesses.

It is NOTHING like he described at all (and extremely malevolent by comparison) but claimed to be "based" on true events.

This movie "The Fourth Kind" however was simply an absolute hoax.

It's Hollywood.

- Lee

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Good for her.

Even though I know they are purposely not crediting her to keep up this hoax and milk the naive a bit longer, I wouldn't want that train-wreck on my resume either.

- Lee

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

In 2006, the Anchorage Daily News did a story on the disappearances in Nome, Alaska (the town in which the film takes place) and provided the FBI’s conclusions about them. What were those conclusions? That the winter climate and alcoholism were to blame for the disappearances of 24 people over 40 years.

Source with link to Daily News Article

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

Good for her.

Even though I know they are purposely not crediting her to keep up this hoax and milk the naive a bit longer, I wouldn't want that train-wreck on my resume either.

- Lee

Yeah, I don't disagree. I'm sensing a trend with you so lets quote what I said *IN CONTEXT* shall we? Concerning naievity, since I'm about to take this as a personal attack. (refer to your OTHER post)

To be fair, I said this first:

No worries. Your IMDB link confuses me even more now however, since you knew I was obviously refering to the SAME actress?? No? Oh well.

Yet you seem to think we are talking about different people?? I don't always think someone is the SAME person based on HEARSAY and looks. Tho I do believe it's quite possible we are dealing with the same person..HOWEVER the fact that this role is NOT in IMDB could show that she doesn't want to be involved in this trash OR it isn't her. Deny ignorance much?

Ok lets address your next clever quote by me.

3: This proves to me that hollywood can blatantly lie to you, with very little to no consequence.

Thanks again for the milking naivety response! Don't try and put too little words in my mouth as we are NOT in disagreement, but you seem to be trying to attack me?? lol whatever, here's the WHOLE quote.

This proves to me that hollywood can blatantly lie to you, with very little to no consequence. Call me "Naive" but does anyone else remember the "disclaimers" that used to be LEGALLY required when presenting "real" footage? This will make me ignore further LEGAL notices like viewer discretion is advised because chances are, it's fake anyway!! lol

It's no problem to defend your damsel, but READ first before being a blatant ass.

Edit 2: check my edits.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I guess I am not sure at all why you think that this movie is based on any kind of real events at all. It is a hollywood movie and that is all. It makes a claim that no one had heard of before? Why would such a huge UFO event go unnoticed by anyone until a few hollywood writers decided to give the story to Milla Jovavich to read? It makes no sense why it would be real.

What are you basing the idea it is based on any facts on aside from the movie's own hype? Are you still looking for Leatherface and the Blair Witch as well?

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
reply to post by RecentlyAwaken

I agree with you that if I am going to bother to post, I should be a little more in depth about it. I am usually one to take a little more time and back up what I am saying.

However....I really kinda thought this was just a no-brainer. I mean, really. I didn't want to take any more time than necessary, so in that respect maybe I just shouldn't have posted!

To get back on topic though....there have been some GREAT responses, with a lot of time taken to point out some key things. I, for one think that there IS no way to prove something that just doesn't exist. You can only go about disproving that it does, so you are never going to get at 100% PROOF.

IMO, if this were real, it would be easy to find proof of this story. I think the best way to go about it would be the archived news stories. If there had actually been a prominent physician commit suicide, then a tripple homicide-suicide, the broken neck and then the little girl gone missing all whithin a few weeks it would have most definately made the news.

I don't mind a good movie and I admit that I was intrigued while watching it. The same way I was intrigued with blaire witch and paranormal experience. The difference here, I think they crossed the line between entertaining and just plain lying. I don't like that. Someone else on here made a good observation that this kind of thing is likely to hurt the true search for truth about abductions, rather than awareness.

See, now that logic I can get behind.
Thanks for clarifying your thoughts!

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Ya know, I didn't even want to answer this.
Why?
Because I almost started a similar thread to this one of yours just last week.

I found the film on-line and was, well... Perplexed.

Sooooo, I went about searching for the truth of it and just got wallowed down in a knickers-twist of info.

I didn't have the time for it and honestly was pissed feeling like I was sucked into another *hoax*.

So, thank you for spending the time on this I did not. and, I'm sorry you got sucked in, as I did so recently also.

peace

[edit on 20-3-2010 by silo13]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
More fantasy dis-information. If they can convince people to entertain thoughts of alien abductions, then no one will bother looking for people who go missing. It will just be assumed by these brain-dead flouride drinkers that "the aliens got 'em."

Do you have any idea how many missing children we have in the US each year? No body is much talking about it. There are hundreds of thousands of missing children. Where do they go? Who is taking them and for what purpose?

Are people content to just sit on their butts and think aliens stole them. Why isn't more being done to bring the truth to light? Where are all the missing children???

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join