It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, "The Fourth Kind", explain the "hoax"? (The owls are not what they seem)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by litmuspaper

Yes, Dr. Abigail Tyler being played by Charlotte Milchard is a fact.

If you can *prove* this, (hence the nature of this thread) then you may have a valid point, I won't even argue it. The other stuff you have presented is opinion-based on what critics and online users have been saying, it's not *proof* by any measure.

EDIT: I get the feeling you didn't read the OP or *any* of the links provided, hence the defensive tone. You quoted a link already that I had posted in the OP, and refered to another that was already mentioned.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by Wookiep]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I just loooked at the highlighted blue as I quickly read through the post, yes I could have clicked on every link before assuming the articles were new to you, I admit that's my bad.

Here is an article on Charlotte: www.genreaddict.com...

Here is her website: www.charlottemilchard.com...

Universal: latimesblogs.latimes.com...

Edit to add: Though the article states she is not in the credits for the film it was recently discovered that she is, if you look under the credits for "nome residents" her name is there.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by litmuspaper]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Owls? Hmmmm..........................OMG! Harry Potter is an alien! Its a conspiracy!

Producers must be laughing their ##s off, on the way to the bank.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayaboveitall
Owls? Hmmmm..........................OMG! Harry Potter is an alien! Its a conspiracy!

When my wife dragged me to the film and then acted surprised because she realized it's "based on a true story" tale was pure fiction she was pissed. She said, "studios shouldn't be able to do that." And I just laughed, as if they don't do that stuff all the time. Can you blame them if people buy into this stuff despite all the best evidence and common sense? I think not, they earned their pretty pennies.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by litmuspaper]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by litmuspaper

Ok - *now* you are beginning to contribute to this thread in a constructive fashion. Sorry about my defensive stand. Thank you for the links.

Now, The first link was submitted by a user by the name of "Gabriel Martinez" This is not the actress in question but could be a credible source?? What I want to know is who is she and does SHE know Charlotte Milchard personally?? I'd like to see Charlotte personally disclose this because *if* in the event she was the actress, then this type of marketing should be addressed in the future.

Edit: Btw Star for your post. All better?

False propaganda is never good afterall...Oh well, I'm not going to give that speech, The second link I already gave in the OP *sigh* oh well, no harm done.

but for now this is pure HEARSAY, not proof, but thanks for the link.

The third, again is pure speculation at this point. What we need is word from the horses mouth. If this is an elaborate marketing scheme, then eventually someone will speak out. (as in the case of "Blair Witch" just after the movie was in theatres....actually it might have even been right before the showing.)

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by wayaboveitall

Thanks for the funny! lol harry potter!

heh you may bite your tongue on that one someday. :p

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I guarantee you with everything I own: that movie was fake.
What it was based on: I guarantee you was real.
I can say that because 'it', to an extent happen to me. The 3:33 thing, the demonic bird, and some other things. Abduction though no, nor seeing any demon things.
I've written before on this site my experiences so dont wish to retype them all out, but to cut extremely shortly waking up staring at the clock, at exactly 3:33, 3 nights in a row, and after that seeing it everywhere, being 'compelled' to look at a display of some kind and seeing 3:33, as well as having it as ISSUED numbers I have no control over...
As for the bird I had a creepy looking fat robin pecking on my window for about a week, it would just peck, at first I would look out and see nothing so I was terrified, eventually saw the purpetrator and was relieved... but still creeped because it would peck until I opened the window, then stop, and just STARE at me.

This movie, I went to see opening day, as you can imagine I HAD to, and it didnt give any answers just hollywood money making. It was horribly fake. First things first, I will absolutely prove it.

The scene where they go to the guys house and he kills himself and his family. The doctor on the phone is talking to him so she can hear on the phone what he is saying.
Then, it cuts to 'police car footage' and you can STILL hear the audio from what is happening inside the house. The microphone is not this powerful.

'Real footage' is nothing more than a hollywood tactic to pull you in to the story more. Have you watched Paranormal Activity? at the beginning they mention its real and at the end say 'she went missing was never found' etc. This is simply to make it more believable. But itis just a tactic. The fact there is an alternate ending proves its a tactic, as if you couldnt tell anyway. The 'real' footage in the fourth kind, is only to make it more realistic. It would be equivalent to hmm Dawn of the Dead or whichever movie, ends in first person filming when they escape to the island... if they had claimed it was real footage.

The only difference is the claim that it is real.

Oh PS, I brought up paranormal activity because it had the same type of events depicted, just a different explanation for it (demons vs aliens).

[edit on 19-3-2010 by Ridhya]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Hi Guys,

The movie is not a fake... it's a movie.... and a damn good one too.

It's movies like this that without the right kind of actor or actress would be just another mundane release from Hollywood. if it wasn't for charlotte the movie would have more than likely headed straight for tv.

Because of Charlotte's totally believable performance there are a multitude of people going OMG is this real??

We should not dis this movie we should petition for more movies of this quality. I can tell you that actors and actresses in the main stream are wayyyy overpaid whereas the real deals tend to go almost overlooked and paid peanuts.

Such is the way of the world.

btw I am a huge david lynch fan and know twin peaks inside and out, so if there are any questions you want answered on this front dont be afraid to u2u me.

All the best,

Korg.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by Korg Trinity]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
Yup, a hoax.

article one

article two

Oh yeah, reviews on Netflix and Moviefone are clearly proof this is a hoax. And who can deny that Roger Ebert?? I mean shoot, he's practically Steven Hawking!!

I feel ashamed now..... [insert sarcasim here]

Seriously, being the community that we are here on ATS. If we want to debunk something as a hoax, surely we can provide better proof than this. I hate to say it but your 'proof' is no better than those that are saying 'Heck Ya it's real! Did you see that Dr.'s website??'.

Suggestion = Next time, preface your 'Yep Hoax.' and links with, "According to several reviews it's a hoax. However, I've not researched it myself'.

Doing that will go a long way in establishing the fact that your not just another 'I readed it on the interwebs, so it's gots to be true!' crowd.

Not trying to flame you, just providing friendly advice and showing the gap in your logic.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
This movie is a fake and it has been shown to you more than once that it is. It is marketed to seem real and it seems to have got you hook, line and sinker! Yes alien abductions happen (depending on who you talk to) and maybe the base story about abductions is real (and not in relation to Nome) and maybe they took from some peoples experiences around the world to make their movie but this is not based on people and a Dr. from Nome, Alaska who were abducted. They obviously read about abduction phenomena and then went from there making their so called documentary.

Personally it really gets me that they marketed it this way. Alien abduction is already laughed at by most and to market a movie about it as real when it's not makes a mockery of the subject and the people who have really experienced it. The story is fake but the phenomena isnt, again depending on who you talk to but personally I believe in abductions 100%.

They were ALL actors/actresses in the film. They made up a website for Abigail Tyler. Everything in relation to the movie and what was posted online as real evidence was ALL made up by the creators of the movie. They turned the missing person cases into abduction cases and made a movie out of it. So the missing people of Nome is true but the abductions and Abigail Tyler are fiction....I am not saying abductions are fiction just in the sense of the movie.

From reading online when this movie came out it does seem that Nome, Alaska does have quite the list of missing persons but it is attributed to the weather conditions and alcohol. It seems from the 60s on Nome has had quite a few missing persons and it did attract the attention of the FBI. IMO the makers of the movie felt it would be more entertaining to relate it to UFOs/abductions over missing people. They are not sure where the people are or what has happened but it seems it is mostly Natives to the area that are missing. It has been stated that many are attributed to alcohol and bad weather. There are still many cases that are unsolved.

FBI serial homicide experts have been called in to investigate a chain of disappearances and suspicious deaths of Native villagers visiting Nome.

The cases date back to the 1960s, with 10 since 1990. The victims were mostly Native men who had traveled to the Seward Peninsula's commercial hub from smaller villages of the Bering Strait region.

Case files on the mysterious deaths and disappearances were forwarded to the FBI by Nome police and the Alaska State Troopers. The FBI was given details of 24 cases, said Kawerak's Edwards, but a few appear to be confirmed drownings or disappearances of hunters, which Kawerak removed from its list.

The dead and missing all appear to be Natives, Edwards said. Seventeen of the 20 were men. Eight of the 20 disappeared and were never found, officials said. The others died under suspicious circumstances -- for instance, people with no known suicidal tendencies who drowned off the jetty.

unsolved cases Nome
It's a pretty interesting article from 2004-2005. Read the rest for more information on the Nome disappearances.

The Alaska Press Club, in cooperation with The Nome Nugget and other Alaska newspaper publishers and news Web sites, put Anchorage attorney John McKay on the case, and he announced this week that a settlement has been reached with NBC Universal to stop using Alaska news stories, or bogus news stories attributed to Alaska publications, on a fake news Web site in order to promote the movie. Universal will also pay for its past abuses of fact spun into fiction, and fiction presented as fact. The Press Club is getting $20,000 plus a $2,500 contribution to its Calista Scholarship Fund.

Yup they are PAYING for their false claims.
Universal Will Pay

more on Universal paying out to Nome, Alaska.
Alaska Dispatch

More links for you to look at
CNN Fourth Kind

Here is a list of sites on google you can read
Fourth Kind Hoax list

Universal pays out list

Honestly it is ALL over the internet if you do your own research and it doesnt take long. The movie wasnt even filmed in Alaska let alone the US, it was filmed in Bulgaria! Nome is also flat not mountainous like they portrayed it in the movie. This movie was marketed well to get people to see it. More people will go see something if it's based on a true story and this wasnt. The only truth to anything in Nome are the missing persons.

Now as for owls:

Global Reverence for the Owl

The owl is deeply connected with magic, shamanism and heightened senses throughout the ages. Some have thought of the owl as a “cat with wings” as they share similar characteristics of personality.
Middle and Far East

In some middle and far eastern cultures, the owl is a sacred guardian of the afterlife, ruler of the night, a seer and keeper of souls transitioning from one plane of existence to another.
owl symbol of Athena on Greek coin 80wAncient Greece

The ancient Greeks attributed the owl to Athena, goddess of wisdom and foresight. This symbol was used on Greek coins and therefore also became associated with wealth.
America

Native Americans attributed owls with wisdom and sacred knowledge. The shaman would call upon Owl medicine for insight into the truth of ill-intent. Plains Indians wore owl feathers to protect against evil spirits.
Africa

West African and Aboriginal Australian cultures also saw the owl as a messenger of secrets, and companions to medicine people.
Europe

In the celtic tradition, the owl (cailleach-oidhche), represents wisdom, clairvoyance, stealth, initiation, change and detachment. Always aware of its surroundings, the owl uses intuition courageously, with insight into hidden truth, and a guide between earth creatures and Underworld deities.

During medieval times in Europe, owls were believed to be witches and wizards, shapeshifters in disguise.

Owl symbolism

After reading the symbolism for Owls it makes sense to me that they would use them to refer to Greys. It's all there imo.

Owls are also known as silent observers...mmm arent Greys considered to be silent observers as well? The more I read into owl symbolism the more I understood the use of them in the movie. I guess I see this in a different way than most but to me it makes sense as to why owls were used. They are mysterious and creepy to some. Personally I like owls, had quite a few in my yard before and on my roof making all kinds of noise

Half way down this link you will see more on Owls and their symbolism
Owls
owl symbolism list

Personally it took a while for me to actually like this movie. I was far too pissed off at them marketing it as real and having to explain to people I know that it isnt based on a true story in Nome. Personally I wanted to see the aliens
but I get the symbolism in the movie with the Owls.

The other thing that bothered me was the short reference to Sumerian and the aliens speaking it. How did this guy become so fluent when he barely had enough to go on. I didnt like the Sumerian connection because it was half done.

Well I hope this is enough for you to realize this movie isnt real and was a huge hoax that Universal had to pay out for.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Excellent post!
Thanks for the many links and quotes!

I was aware of the missing persons reports in Alaska having something to do with weather and alcohol..relayed by the FBI.

The examiner seems to have a similar opinion on the subject

www.examiner.com...

The movie did also mention that names and professions had been altered to protect those involved. It does make me wonder if the location could have possibly been altered?

I was not aware of Universal "paying" for the right to show false footage and claim it as real?? What a mess. Iv'e heard of viral marketing, but this is insane, and should not be allowed in hollywood.

Of all posts yours has been the best, so kudos there.

I will await the actors and producers confession on this (as they always do, tho in this case they seem to be taking much longer then projects like "Blair Witch".)

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Here is the real problem. The actress that was thought to be the "real" doctor by many has turned out to be nothing more than...well..an actress trying to get paid. I am not saying the stories don't have some truth, and yes, I am a believer...but the more I have dug the more I realize this is Hollywood at it's bets folks.

Charlotte Milchard

Imdb

Hoax explained?

[edit on 19-3-2010 by Smell The Roses]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

Hey smell the roses, just so you know those links have already been discussed. The first one you posted is one of the first links posted in the OP, just sayin!

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I read the OP and I had the same thoughts as they did. But after looking at the proof that this is about money I have come to the conclusion that this is a hoax. Maybe people need to re examine those links then? I think this is pretty much a closed case on that fact alone.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Here is some article about missing people in Alaska from red lake net news possibly where the story originated.. I like the movie personally whether its a hoax or not it did bring up the topic on abductions which many people claim to have experienced which i still open to debate.

www.rlnn.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Here is another article and here is a quote from the journalist
"My concern has always been that there is information in the Native community that has not been brought forward," said Bering Straits Native Corp. attorney Gail Schubert, who called the pattern of disappearances odd and disturbing.
the villagers could be hiding one of their own or do they know something we dont...
fightforjustice.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mandob453
Here is some article about missing people in Alaska from red lake net news possibly where the story originated.. I like the movie personally whether its a hoax or not it did bring up the topic on abductions which many people claim to have experienced which i still open to debate.

www.rlnn.com...

I hadn't seen that article yet, thanks for posting it Mandob!

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
got to go smoke and do a couple things one more article on missing persons in alasaka never realized that many people came up missing here is a excerpt from the article.As an investigator with the Alaska State Troopers, it's William Hughes's job to find these missing persons. He manages the Alaska Missing Persons Clearinghouse, essentially a vast database that houses key information about people reported missing from across the state. Since the database was established in 1988, more than 53,000 people have been reported missing. according to the census bureau there is only 698,473 as of march 5 2010.

seagrant.uaf.edu...

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

DUDE, IT'S A MOVIE, HELLO!!!! IT'S BEEN WIDELY DEBUNKED! HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF A MOCKUMENTARY? APPARENTLY YOU HAVE NOT.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RecentlyAwaken

I agree with you that if I am going to bother to post, I should be a little more in depth about it. I am usually one to take a little more time and back up what I am saying.

However....I really kinda thought this was just a no-brainer. I mean, really. I didn't want to take any more time than necessary, so in that respect maybe I just shouldn't have posted!

To get back on topic though....there have been some GREAT responses, with a lot of time taken to point out some key things. I, for one think that there IS no way to prove something that just doesn't exist. You can only go about disproving that it does, so you are never going to get at 100% PROOF.

IMO, if this were real, it would be easy to find proof of this story. I think the best way to go about it would be the archived news stories. If there had actually been a prominent physician commit suicide, then a tripple homicide-suicide, the broken neck and then the little girl gone missing all whithin a few weeks it would have most definately made the news.

I don't mind a good movie and I admit that I was intrigued while watching it. The same way I was intrigued with blaire witch and paranormal experience. The difference here, I think they crossed the line between entertaining and just plain lying. I don't like that. Someone else on here made a good observation that this kind of thing is likely to hurt the true search for truth about abductions, rather than awareness.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join