It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demonic Magic Pendant/Talisman?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
This post is about a pendant/talisman that was given to me, my friend was given the pendant from soneone who also didn't know what it was. I don't quite know what it means yet myself. If you're into studies about demons, magic, talismans, etc., this may be a fun one to try to figure out.

Here's the description and some of the background information that I have found;

I've taken many pictures and have found due to the 'cheap metal' coating, it glares too much and is unclear, but I will still post a picture tonight. More to come..

It is Heptagon(seven sided polygon) shape with demonic names on the outside, Egyptian God names on the Star of David and inside the star has"Christian Cryptogram" names.
Made of a cheap(?) type of metal(bright copper colored inside) with a metallic coating. Most of the names are in ridges of the brighter meatllic, the rest of the pendants metal is texured and darker in shade.
On the back it is flat except for a ©, probably meaning copywrite
Inch and a half wide, at each of the seven angles.

The Lesser Key of Solomon a 17th century popular grimoireson demonology;
The Lesser Key of Solomon Wiki

Names in the ridge of the outside, a Heptagon:
Orias
Dantalien
Gaap
Beleth
Bune(is not listred may be Buer)
Shax
Belial
Goetic Demons Wiki
Demonic Names and Meanings - reachingoutministries.org

Under each name below the ridge is three raised dots.

Egyptian names in the ridge of the Star of David:
Bast
Hathor
Anubis
Horus
Harpocrates
Isis
Sothis
Egyptian Gods and Goddesses - Crystalinks.com

On the inside of the Star of David is are the five names of the Magic Square:
Sathor
Arepo
Tenet
Opera
Rotus

An Early Christian
Cryptogram - Univ of Manitoba ?

Rotas-Sator Square-translated Wiki

The inner most star is five sided with a pattern slighting coming out of it; forming triangles and a square.
In PS I drew up an image of the inner star:

Possible Meaning
Magical talisman(reproduced?)

The copywrite looking symbol makes me think of a
Dungeons and Dragons game item or other RPG game
Video game item

I'll update on any further info that I find, as I have yet to put it all together.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
if it's D&D related it should say "wizards of the coast" or "tsr" in some place
IMHO it isn't D&D, I have been playing that thing since 2nd edition and I never saw something like that in any manual...

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caggy
if it's D&D related it should say "wizards of the coast" or "tsr" in some place
IMHO it isn't D&D, I have been playing that thing since 2nd edition and I never saw something like that in any manual...

Thanks for the reply.
It doesn't have the 'Wizrds of the Coast' or 'TSR' logo.
So far, I'm only seeing some of the demon names(minus the common Egyptian names) linked to D&D. Other than that I havn't seen anything close to it in any of the editions(I've played them all).

Maybe has it has do with another RPG game...I'll look into some I'm not as familiar with.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Can you see if there's a "White Wolf" mark? that company haves too many games paranormal-related (Mage, Vampire, Werewolf, Changeling...), maybe it's from one of those... I played and mastered Mage but it was long time ago, like 10 years, I can't recall the symbols...

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
perhaps it is a map to where the deep ones are located. however on a real note, it looks like a larp prop of some sort. is there any way we could get a better photo?

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

the outside looks alot like this picture i think. this is from www.cthulhulives.org...

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Seriously, turn off flash and turn on macro setting on your camera. Then put the jewellery on a white piece of printer paper and hold closer to a light source, and take a picture of it from there. Thats how I take pictures of my drawings and such, way more clear.

By your description though its an Enochian occult talisman. And by the © symbol it must be a mass produced promotional item. If you're wondering if it one of a kind magic item, no...

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashnomadonte

the outside looks alot like this picture i think. this is from www.cthulhulives.org...

the radio theatre shows are awesome!

it is worth a purchase if you have the extra cash.

subfab

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

No Enochian language is not present as far as I can see. Enochian entities have a preponderance of words begining with B. I think it is a composite that was built for a wide reaching purpose say something like the pseudo occultists that ply their trade out of the back of certain occult magazines.

I can here the tacky advertising -

"Do you want to have a better lovelife, Are you down on your lucK? bothered by ghosts and haunts by this ancient talism that combine the legendary wisdom of Solomon with the wonderful egyptian gods....""Blah blah blah.

Any just my opinion

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Sathor
Arepo
Tenet
Opera
Rotas

This is incorrect. Whoever designed this "talisman" did so poorly. The words are supposed to be:

S...A...T...O...R
A...R...E...P...O
T...E...N...E....T
O...P...E...R...A
R...O...T...A...S

It's an old ceremonial Grimoire magic square. It comes from the Sacred Magic of Abra-Melin the Mage, a common magickal textbook in societies like the Golden Dawn and the Aurum Solis. It means: The Creator Arepo holds the wheels of work. However, since the talisman creator misconstrued this, I immediately consider your talisman to be bunk.

For the sake of fun though, here is the rest:

----------

Bast is the Egyptian deity who protects children and a type of avenger commonly called the Eye of Ra.

Hathor is the Mother Goddess of Ancient Egypt. Cow-headed she mid-wives deities, defends Ra, and generally watches over all of creation with a Mother's loving eye. Hugely popular with Neo-pagans.

Anubis is the illegitimate child of Set, and guardian of the Gates of the Afterlife. Jackal-headed he moves the bodies and souls of the deceased to the Halls of Amenti. Again, a popular Egyptian deity with modern Neo-pagans.

Horus is the thrice-born Falcon-headed God of the sun in all of it's locations. He is also crown Prince of the United Kingdoms of Upper and Lower Egypt, rival to Set, defender of Ra's Sun Barque and a whole host of other things.

Harpocrates is an interesting one. He is actually the Greek God of Silence and other stuff. However, the Greeks borrowed Harpocrates from the Egyptians, and the deity they lifted Harpocrates from is none other than Horus. The creator of your magic amulet messed up again.

Isis is the wife of Osiris, restorer of life after her husbands death. Mother Earth, the Mother of Magic, etc. She's prominent in mythology and even a pre-cursor to Mary the Virgin mother of Jesus.

Sothis is the "Dog Star," Sirius, which was instrumental in Egyptian pyramid construction. Sothis itself was not a deity. Lachen/Lachim is traditionally considered the deity embodiment of Sothis, if any did ever exist at all.

----------

All of the "demon" names are from various Goetic origins. Which you already discovered. However, on their own they are powerful, together nothing can be done with them. They can only be worked by utilizing their appropriate sigil and "spell" as found in the Goetia. Placing them around the amulet probably only serves an aesthetic purpose.

----------

The geometric desings in the actual pentagram I cannot really make sense of. They're not familiar to me.

----------

It seems like what you have here is someone with a layman's understanding of ceremonial magick, or Thaumaturge. They attempted to mock the Holy Pantacle of John Dee and his Enochian magical system. Unfortunately, as pointed out by the flaws I noticed, this talisman undermines it's own effectiveness.

Sorry to disappoint.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Here's a picture, as it's only slightly more clear(working on a clear picture).

Thanks for the replies!

To me also it seems like it's from pseduo Occult mail order or site for RPGs(possibly). Or came with an Occult book from Hastings or Barnes and Noble. Now if I could just find which one, to see their supposed meaning lol.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by dreamingawake]

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I have this same coin, mine is sliver, but the spelling on mine is sator.
Mine doesn't have a star of david though, just seven sided star.
edit on 28-10-2010 by silversnitch because: more info

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
It very much looks like a fictitious attempt based upon very common magickal seals such as Dr. John Dee's Sigilum dei Aemeth or Aleister Crowley's Sigilum Sanctum Fraternitas A.:A.:. Many pseudo-fictitious works, especially in the Horror RPG genre draw inspiration or try to tie their historical conspiracies to one or the other of these personages.

It wouldn't be uncommon for a Ceremonial Magician or even a group of Ceremonial Magicians to design a Lamen for themselves and emblazon it upon the frontspiece of their own Grimoire, Magickal Ring, a Talisman, or such. These Lamens (or Magen, "shield")) are personalized representations of the Magician's understanding of the universe and how it functions, as a way to protect themselves as well as to assert authority when dealing with spirits, elementals, demons, devils, angelic beings, et cetera. Although, it is doubtful that a copyright symbol would ever be included if such were the case (unless it were a group claiming to be "THE" Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, for which there are literally dozens doing such, some even going so far as to copyright and trademark that Occult Order's name and magickal symbols and logos). So, all signs point to the former as a probability rather than this later possibility.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

i have this same pendant,can you tell me what it is?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
If it has that many demonic names I would definantly be careful.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Citadel
reply to post by dreamingawake

i have this same pendant,can you tell me what it is?

Conclusion by research and by thread is, it's a novelty/ prop item, with demons, etc names. To be used as such, a prop. Rest of thread has good info.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I found the same one. Here's a much better picture. Any idea what the central symbol is?
i50.tinypic.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
looking for an answer as to what the middle symbol is.

I've been looking around all year for this.

Helig pointed me to this thread and I apologize for resurrecting a dead thread, but it's still driving me bonkers, I just gotta know!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I just found the same talisman/pendant/whatever at my front doorstep, underneath my letterbox...its exactly the same as described and shown above.

Im just as curious as to how it got there, as to what it actually is.

Did anyone get any further with this thing?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
It looks close to a magic seal, and a little like the lesser key of solomon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join