It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18 Year Old sent to jail and father to detension center

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Hello ATS, I went to high school with this kid, and what has happened to him is really messed up. Here is his video:

www.youtube.com...

His father was sent to a detention center, and deported. This kid went to UT and is very intelligent. I myself am still confused.

Also after trying to go to Canada him and his mom were denied sent back to US immigration, and arrested. His life is now ruined for no reason. All he needs is our help.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ShakeNBake

Can you elaborate?

Can't play videos.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Here is the written story:

sites.google.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Yikes, that is really rough.

Where are his parents? Still in detention or are they also sent to Bangladesh?

This sounds like a nightmare that won't be worked out easily, if at all.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
This story illustrates the complexity of our weak border enforcement. There is no excuse for people hoping over the border, but a child that was raised in the USA, has integrated himself, completed high school, is attending college and has no criminal record...then deported at age 18? There should be some exemption and common sense used here. Our prisons are filled with illegal immigrants who have broken the law. Yet, we deport a young guy that has no prior memories of the country he is deported to. Simply amazing.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Him, his mom, and dad, are in separate places. Parents are in jail, and he is in Bangladesh. Im going to tell him to take it to the court and try and get some justice.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This reminds me of a case from a girl in North Carolina. She was in her senior year and went to immigration to translate for a relative. They ended up asking her questions and discovered she had no papers. Last I heard she had a Senator helping her because this is the only country she knows.

As for the guy, his best hope is a letter to the Attorney General of the US asking for forgiveness. He might want to look into this.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Is there any legal way he can get back into the US? Maybe something in the Bill of Rights or Constitution? Or a law of some sort?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I would imagine a school visa could get him back in...but it sounds like he waived his rights.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

From the sounds of it, he wasn't well represented. And he signed the letter. Pretty hard for him to come back.

I have dealt with some cases on limited bases. Usually, those who entered illegally need to get a letter of forgiveness from the Attorney general.

Hard to do, but not impossible. Tell him to check into an immigration lawyer.

Might find more advice at this link.

www.immigrationadvocates.org...

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
He's like a dark skinned Carl Sagan

Also after trying to go to Canada him and his mom were denied sent back to US immigration, and arrested. His life is now ruined for no reason. All he needs is our help.

Sorry if I missed it but what kind of help is that?

They tried to deport me pretty soon after 9/11 and I don't remember all of it, but I just ended up going to an office and filling out some papers, and it was all good....

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Like how we can help him get back to the US. That was the kind of help I was asking seeing that there are many intelligent people here on ATS.

join