It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would a world without men would be like? What would a world without women be like?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Imagine two hypothetical situations:
Earth A = All men suddenly disappeared and are gone.
Earth B = All women suddenly disappeared and are gone.

What would you think would happen to Earth A? What would you think would happen to Earth B?

It would be interesting to see what people think what a "All-Man World" and "All-Woman World" would be like.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Interesting thread.

I wouldn't be able to live in world A.
I wouldn't want to live in world B.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Well for starters there would be no babies and in 75 or so years there would be no life.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Either lot's of lesbians or gays?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Well the short answer is gay.( that was a joke)

I think you are assuming reproduction would be possible.

Things would be the same women make the same mistakes as men.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
One thing that tends to happen in all-single-gender environments is a rigid hierarchy forms, usually enforced by violence or other forms of cruelty. For example, "hazing" (bullying) was (and probably still is) very common in all-male and all-female boarding schools in the US/UK. Look at prisons for another example. The lack of the other gender probably tends to twist certain natural courses of behavior into something violent and cruel, for most people. Anyway, something involving harshness and hierarchy seems to be at work in such environments. I don't think its healthy to say the least.

[edit on 3/18/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by basicposter
I think you are assuming reproduction would be possible.

Sure, let's assume that to make things more interesting.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Earth A: Stock in the ACME Urinal making company would drop really fast.
Earth B: Stock in the ACME Inflatable love doll company would rise really fast.

Star and flag.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by Clark Savage Jr.]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

The world would be human free in a few decades as procreation would be impossible and without reproduction evolution wouldn't work. Perhaps babies could be made in labs I guess.

I once imagined a sci-fi idea of what would happen if women took over the world and had all the men floating in vats like the Matrix.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
At least one scientist seems to think the OP's possible "planet A" is not as far-fetched as it seems:

Frailty, thy name is man.

From his shorter life span and iffy sperm counts to his dubious Y chromosome and eroding social stature, the male is "wilting away," claims British geneticist and popular-science author Steve Jones.

In fact, says Jones, the male of the species -- or at least his defining chromosome -- could slide into oblivion in a mere 10 million years.

He holds to that position, he said in a phone interview, despite some promising news last month about the Y chromosome's possible resiliency.

Jones, a snail biologist and genetics professor at University College in London, explores the past, present and future of males in a provocative book, "Y: The Descent of Men" (Houghton Mifflin, 252 pages, $25). The title is a riff on Charles Darwin's 1871 "The Descent of Man."

Jones' predictions are momentous, but the tone of his book is witty and insouciant, as if he personally isn't losing sleep over what may be wrought in upcoming millions of years.

More at source:
www.seattlepi.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
An all woman world would find things in ruins.

An all man world would find a messy place of small progress.

Women tend to push men to better themselves and their situation for sake of the couple/family. "I would rather a house to this cave." Women tend to like newer and better and will abandon older and common. Women tend to desire to be singular or unique in social situations, except when following a fad.

Men tend to remain as efficient as possible, "this cave is good enough" While more than capable of creating whatever imagined, the tendency is to remain in a "good enough" state rather than expand. Men will also reach an equilibrium to complacency in group dynamics.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The world would be... With 1 word to describe it:

Gay.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Women would be less frustrated/exasperated.
At least, I certainly would be. We'd probably live even longer.

The world would look pretty but be filled with backstabbing, underhanded snide remarks, and cat fights.

The world would be simpler. Wars are wars for what they are. In all likelihood there would be more cigars, sports watching, and video games.

As you might guess, if there were these two worlds and I have a choice, I'd rather be a guy. Much less drama to deal with.

Just great. Now I have Beyonce's "If I were a Boy" stuck in my head.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551
Imagine two hypothetical situations:

Ultimately, both worlds would fail. Both worlds would probably show mixed emotions at first, then go through a period of ecstasy, then a period of despair. Then the society would self-destruct.

Would be nice to be the only male alive in the World B scenario
. But the downside I guess is that you would be a target for extremists that would want to see the last man on Earth put to rest. Plus, could you imagine trying to satisfy 3billion women, emotionally and sexually! Achieving this with one woman is tough enough

[edit on 19/3/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
If it happened as you say some people from each side would adopt opposite gender roles. This would be the natural course to try and maintain some sort of equilibrium. Both places would be pretty crappy and boring unless you were the one male or female in the opposite world.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Wouldn't need to build any Dikes.
Everyone could smoke fags in public and not have to be 10ft from an entrance.
Closets wouldn't exist.
Ellen would never stop dancing.
Tom Cruise would be even more excited then he was on Oprah.
Butch Cassidy would take on a whole new meaning.
YMCA would be played non stop 24hrs a day...
Liberace would come back to life, with his afghans....eauuuhhhh

K I'm done....beware of the tossed salad man.

Peace

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

The video above sums it up quite nicely.

We don't need women, however they need us.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Hm…
All the obvious sex jokes aside.
In instance A, I see a world where there are no functioning cars, and horses become the norm. There would be no maps and directions would be given according to which shopping mall you made your turn at. There would be a mall at every corner instead of a CVS. Once a month the whole system would break down and come to a standstill.

In instance B there would be no malls, a lot less traffic, a lot more sports, and everything would be automated/optimized to maximum efficiency (thereby providing the least amount of work). There would be a lot less greed.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by tim1989

The video above sums it up quite nicely.

We don't need women, however they need us.

LOL.

While the video is funny, the guy is an obvious troll. I don't care what Dr. Phil says, he was brought there to piss women off. He's making silly stereotypes and pushing the right buttons to get them upset. And that is exactly what he did! The comeback joke was harsh and I felt sorry for the women. However, her comment to him was designed to embarrass him and make him look pathetic and stupid, so I guess it was karma catching up with her.

(At the end of the day if this guy is for real (which I very much doubt) then he represents Radical Feminism's ugly cousin.)

[edit on 19/3/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
O/k leaving out sex and reproduction.............

I believe an all male world would probably function quite well.
Males tend to get organized, and work together.
Evolution equips males to bond, then hunt and fight in organized groups and cooperate towards worthwhile common goals and projects quite well.

An all female world would hardly function at all.
Females are geared more towards child rearing and family which is intensely personal.
Without either of those, most women thrown into large groups tend to become competitive and often try to undermine each other.

That observation is not meant to be derogatory, it is just how nature and evolution seems to have arranged things.
And for survival, especially the survival of young children in a hostile world, it is extremely important for the human race that it works that way.

[edit on 19/3/2010 by Silver Shadow]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join