It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hello from a Mudpit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
So I came across this forum today via a link, and I got several minutes of amusement out of one of the conspiracy threads, and so I decided to become a member.

So to introduce myself... I guess first I should say I'm a paratrooper in the US Army's 82nd Airborne, I'm a forward observer (artillery spotting), but I'm about to change over to a computer technology area. Currently in Afghanistan but I'm getting back to the states in a few months.
Computers and technology are my life. I program in Python and C# (not so good in C# yet) in my spare time, I'm a part-time dev on an Ultima Online private server. I'm on the net through my work computer and my personal laptop can't connect to the DOD network (sadly).
umm.. what else.. I try keep myself more or less neutral in a discussion, but when it comes to people putting their 'magickal powerz and mystic insight' or whatever before actual scientific fact, I sometimes get a little agitated.
I absolutely 100% HATE pretentious people.

I'm a big supporter of the animal rights movement, very left-wing in most of my thoughts but I'm also pretty pro-government (in most areas, anyway. the DMCA and PATRIOT act I could do without)

That's about it for me. I guess I'm gonna jump off now, and looking forward to my future here

... didn't realize how much I'd written..

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Artilleryman

I'm a paratrooper in the US Army's 82nd Airborne

Foremost, Thank You! for your service.

Secondly, Welcome to the wonder that is ATS. You will find that amusement will not be the only emotion that you'll be subjected to here. Glad to have you as part of the community. I'll see you in the forums.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Hi Artilleryman, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive U2U's (messages) to Staff only.
However, once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive U2U's to and from fellow ATS members.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Terms and Conditions

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Awwwww, anyone who is into animal rights is a friend of mine. Welcome dear Sir! I look forward to your contributions.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Welcome man...

Nice to see you look out for our furry friends...they can't talk their way out of a situation, so it's kinda unfair to treat them poorly - too subjective.

Cya on the boards High-Speed...

*content edit

[edit on 3/18/2010 by happygolucky]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Hi, i hope you learn a lot at ATS! and please don't be afraid to start a great thread =)

[edit on 18-3-2010 by togetherwestand]

top topics

join