It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about something I saw, help me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Hi everyone, I have a brief question. I know that cirlces mean wholeness and completion and black means mystery, unknown, and can mean death. But i'm having a hard time figuring out what a black circle symbolizes, Sorry if this is a stupid question, I have figure it out. Also I saw these when I closed my eyes. Does anyone have any ideas?

Ps. Apologies about having no avatar, I can't watch the turorial, slow connection. Ok later peeps.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by malakiem
Hi everyone, I have a brief question. I know that cirlces mean wholeness and completion and black means mystery, unknown, and can mean death. But i'm having a hard time figuring out what a black circle symbolizes, Sorry if this is a stupid question, I have figure it out. Also I saw these when I closed my eyes. Does anyone have any ideas?

Ps. Apologies about having no avatar, I can't watch the turorial, slow connection. Ok later peeps.

I would be very careful about interpreting shapes you see with your eyes closed. There are many images and shapes that appear in our vision when we are meditating. I've never heard of any shape or symbol being important. Even if it is so, I would stay away from anything that is linked to negativity when dealing with the mind. (e.g. Death)

That can lead to serious psychological distress and unnecessary anxiety that can make it difficult to balance the mind.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The black hole you describe is a symbol of the singularity of the mind, and of all matter.

It is the Truth.

Here is a start.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by manbird12000

Hi manbird, I understand. I know black can symbolize both negative and psotive aspects. I got most of my knowledge about the subject from whats-your-sign. com. I usually don't take anything thing I might see with utmost seriousness, but it seems like ll the things I keep seeing are connecting and adding up. I saw the square. circle with a dot, a cirlce with a square inside, and I even looked up the numbers related to this. I know if I don't stop with certaim habits those symbols will turn into something negative. But for now i'm healthy. One reason why I take a step back with those and think they are for real, showing me something, for now. And I know all about paradolia, but i'm pretty good witht that, not perfect but ok. I know I should post my experiences on the internet but I saw a black sqaure and a circle. I know what the square and circle means, but i'm not sure of the meaning when I put black(positive) aspects before those two shapes. You guys can go on that website and read them. I hope they might help with everyone's interpretation.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
My husband often sees Shapes when hes close to sleep. Never meant much for him. Maybe it is just your fantasy?

Black does not mean death. Black is just black, you can intepret it as you want. Some societys marry in black.

To me black means silence, awarness, councesness, unknow, every possiblity. If i would describe God, it would be black. From councesness also comes life.

Black just got a bad reputition because many fear darkness, goth stuff, horror movies, all describe black as somewhat evil. it is not.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightflower

Hi nightflower, thanks for the response and interesting answer. I have read some of those stuff about that color. But has your husband ever seen black square or cirlces before?

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I may be coming off as a skeptic, but generally, if your eyes are relaxed, you should be seeing the blackest black. Thus, if you are seeing a black circle, you are straining your eyes outside of the circle I suggest that you try to relax your eyes more and visualize the black spreading out to the rest of the visual field.

Sorry, I know it's not symbol related, but that's my take on this.

new topics

top topics

join