It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 The Real Day After Tomorrow

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Hollywood has special effects, actors, stunt crews, computer graphics, and they have created a movie that shows death and destruction that can make one sit in awe of their work

We are all drawn to movies, a way to escape reality and enjoy the work of fiction seen in amazing imagery and sound. It is what we call a movie. Movies can evoke emotions, memories, laughter, and deep thought. and even make one question the deeper meanings of life.

One movie of late would show a world changed by massive destruction as a result of environmental changes. and the visions captured in this film are shocking and disturbing to say the least. Amazing how they made it all seem so real.

I am thinking of other images and the reaction I had to them. images brought to me on a television, from a day and time none of us can forget.September 11, 2001

The impact was far deeper than any movie though as I remember I was wishing what I was seeing was just a movie. It was a day that really changed the world.. a real day after tomorrow..

A few Images that may not last here:

I am sorry if these images do not last, Best I could do here.

Think of that day. remember it well now?

Have you ever seen anything in your life that had that kind of impact?

It was a day after tomorrow.. a tomorrow many had warned of but few heeded the warnings. A day where all of the world and even time seemed to stand still. A day unlike any movie before and since and it was all too real. as many as 3,000 humans were killed for doing nothing more than showing up for a normal day at work. A day when some were forced to choose between burning to death or jumping 1,000 feet to their deaths. A day where some were able to call loved ones as they knew death was only moments away for them. A day when even God himself seemed to be silent among those who claim to speak his word. It was a day after tomorrow.

We are now at war with a radical faith that was the infection that caused the illness among those who were able to use box cutters to cut the throats of crew members on jet planes and then take over and fly them into those buildings.

Have we fogotten where we came from in this war? has the Iraq war overshadowed the true impact of what brought us to this ultimate point?

As we look ahead many claim we can expect another attack like that seen on September 11, 2001 or worse. But maybe we don't care anymore. maybe we are not worried about the fact that those who brought us that day after are still seeking even more spectacular ways to bring this death and destruction to us. Maybe we just don't care or give a damn anymore. It has become in the eyes of many a war of shame a war WE should have not started, A war about oil, A war of political agendas.

Perhaps we were distracted and drawn into a war in the wrong place, a war against the wrong enemy. But as I see it we did not choose this fight. we simply took it where the enemy wanted us to go. and they are still laughing at us... If you listen hard enough through your intuitive skills I am sure you can hear them laughing now. They laugh at us in the face of all that we have seen and done. and they promise to bring us even more.

It is time to wake up people from the dream that was the day after that tomorrow.. and see that the real day after this could bring even far worse.

Welcome to the reality that may have escaped you. Tomorrow awaits us. we can live in fear, remain oblivious, or fight with all we have to preserve our security, and save us from a future disaster brought to us by those who are plotting more attacks.

Remember 9/11/01.. But remember the day after when thousands in the Arab/Muslim world danced and celebrated in the streets chanting and singing and more than happy at what they had seen there brothers do. That day after should have woken you up. Made you see who the enemies were. But what the hell do I know?

Gazz

Edit: I changed one word 'millions' to thousands.. sorry I stand corrected.

[edit on 11-9-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Good reminder UM_Gazz, it should be required viewing everyday until this war is brought to a close - people lose perspective so easily as they get wrapped up in their daily lives and concerns, that is until another day like this happens. Preventing that day from recurring is why we must not forget.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   

"Remember 9/11/01.. But remember the day after when millions in the Arab/Muslim world danced and celebrated in the streets chanting and singing and more than happy at what they had seen there brothers do"

really??? can you back up your claim of millions of arabs/muslims dancing around the world. I think your perception of the event is slightly distorted.

[Edited on 6-1-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I agree with you, Americans are fat and happy and have no attention span. Many have already forgotten what happened or minimized it with inane theories. How many times in history have people deluded themselves when danger comes? Some people will ignore danger until something happens directly to them. The next attack from Al Queda on US soil will be wash away of a lot of the "can't we just all get along" people. Americans are generally good descent people who want to be the white hat guys, but underneath the good exterior is a populace weaned on violence, we are not as a people, averse to dishing out a heaping helping of retribution on whomever we see as the enemy.
If the attacks persist, pictures like the naked Iraqi's with flour sacks on their heads will no longer hold any power. Eventually we will wake up and realize that we fight to win or we are going to lose, the other side is a lot more serious, than most Americans are, about winning. You cannot fight a religious zealot with good press.

Variable

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

really??? can you back up your claim of millions of arabs/muslims dancing around the world. I think your perception of the event is slightly distorted.

You are right, though I think it is possible the numbers could have been in the millions I changed the word to thousands... now what about the rest of my post??

Gazz

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
What about hiroshima? and the millions of americans dancing? Same bull#. Were all animals and we'll all die like animals.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Too true, Gazz, too true. We must never forget what happened that day, and that it can and probably will happen again. Let us not lose perspective. May we never forget, though, that our purpose should not be one of revenge, or vengence, but justice. Yes, we are angry, and hurt. But fighting fire with fire can burn you. In the midst of all this chaos, let us find peace, and we will win, not with the blazing of our guns, but with the might of our purpose. We didn't get to where we are by slaughtering those who oppose us, but by welcoming all peoples, all nations, and races with open arms the promise of freedom, and the assurance of opportunity. I see us falling into an eternal chasm of "violence begets violence". Yet, we forget, that peace beings peace. I want to find those responsible, and bring them to justice, but I want to do it with the strength of our fortitude, not by shooting from our hips.

Yes, I am a pacifist, and I realize that, unfortunately, war has it's place in this world. I fear I am simply tired of lies and miscommunications. I feel that after this sad, horrible thing happened to us, we were united with one vision. Sadly, that vision has become a blurry storm, and our shared strength has denigrated into infighting and character assassinations. I am guilty of this, as well.

I hope that tomorrow will be better, but it is hard to hope for peace when we are in a war that can find no end unless only we are left standing. If that is the purpose of this war, then I wish to no longer be in it. However too many innocent lives have been lost already, and I fear every day that our actions, while impeding some from acting out against us further, also encourage others to stand up against us.

Perhaps the time of our dominance is at an end. I could accept this, and, in fact, welcome it. When you are on top, everyone finds a reason to bring you back down. Perhaps too much time in the limelight has made us too confident, too cocky, too headstrong. We could use a good dose of humility. After September 11th, we found ourselves humbled, and it arose in us a great anger. Perhaps, instead, it should have arisen in us a great realization. We are partially at fault for this day, though it pains me to say it. Whether it was faulty foreign relations, or just the fact that we are the only remaining superpower, a very small part of the blame is ours.

I do not mean we should stand down against terrorism, only that we should fight it smarter. Remember, each man we kill has family and friends who will resent us for it. I only ask that, in our vigiliance, we do not forget that our belief in the fact that All Men Are Created Equal extends beyond our borders, and even to those who would harm us. Creating double-standards creates resentment.

Thank you for your reminder, Gazz. May we never forget.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
If remembering 9/11 causes incidents like what is currently happening in Iraq, I say the best thing to do is forget it. Unless you like compounding tragedy with more tragedy.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
If remembering 9/11 causes incidents like what is currently happening in Iraq, I say the best thing to do is forget it.

If? Remembering 9/11? Best to forget?

9/11 is not something one can just delete from memory. although many can avoid thinking about it now. The deeper meaning of my message is don't wait to remember 9/11 when we are attacked again in the near future. do not then look back and say Damn they got us again. because 9/11 will be nothing compared to what we will see when these terrorists get their hands on a WMD. and they may have some already.

9/11 did not cause the war in Iraq anymore than it caused the sun to rise on that horrific day.

Remembering 9/11 is good. it can bring focus back to those who think that we started all of the conflict in this world of war.

We did not pick this fight, and at some point all of us must accept the fact that we have no choise but to try to defend ourselves against this enemy where ever that enemy takes us.

But hey if you have another view post it. all are welcome here!

Gazz

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The movie Day After Tomorrow, it has humour.

9/11 made me want to cry.

Good movie btw.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
What ever happened to Bin Laden? If/when captured/killed - will the psycho follower's of this creep unleash their speculated plots & plans in unison?

It's sad when Michael Jackson gets more news reference than the more dense cancer to society...but that's just my opinion.

Thumbs up for remembering 9/11.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Bumping this thread for memories of 9/11 on this day 9/11/2004

Can't help it.. just remembered when I posted this and thought this would be a good time to give it a bump.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Have you ever seen anything in your life that had that kind of impact?

I've seen much worse. 8,000 people killed, the survivors walked for miles to the next free teritory with the images of their loved ones slaughtered in front of their eyes. I am talking about Srebrenica, Bosnia. Do you know the date when that happened?
How about 200,000 dead men, women and children in Chechnya, deported from their homes and killed, as ordered by Stalin. The rest lives as second class citizens till this day in Russia. Do you know when that happened?
How about massacres in Kambodia, Angola, Chile, Afganistan, Rwanda, Vietnam, Iraq?

The whole world has seen their own 9/11, often much much worse then the american one. The world didnt stop turning, the time didnt stop. Life goes on.

9/11 in America was a horrible wake-up call to americans, it didn't change the world , americans just joined the world that was always there. It was a reminder that actions have consequences and sooner or later the past will come to haunt you. It was a reminder of evil that lives everywhere, and won't go away just like that.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Sometimes our inner beings have very devious and indetectable methods of protecting us via denial that even we cannot perceive. These cloaking devices of our own psyches come in the form of blaming the horrors of that day on some ambiguous group instead of facing that the people behind the attacks have repeatedly admitted, rejoiced the acts they planned and carried out. It's more comforting to think there is some conspiracy that prevents us from putting a real face to what happened than to accept that there truly is this much evil in certain identifiable individuals' souls.

Another form of protection comes in speaking of the events as a number...

Flight 93

Or a building...

WTC

Pentagon

This method helps us remove the horror of the people who not only died that day, but died in terror and suffering. We would all hope we could live forever, but with that being a lost cause, isn't our second thought to at least die in peace, not in terror, not in burning, not in seeing the horror as it swiftly approaches you?

We cannot see the faces of the 10's and 10's of people who with horror awash in their faces careened toward buildings and pastures that day. We cannot see the faces of those in the WTC towers or the Pentagon who may have had the misfortune of seeing their death approaching at 500 mph. We cannot see the faces of those who, in the darkness of the myriad floors of the two towers, while waiting for help and rescue, suddenly heard the deafening and thundering collapse and looked up one last time.

But there are those who can represent the horrors of the people who suffered and died in terror that day. People who simply went to work; or left to see grandma; or were on a school trip to see the capitol. There are representatives for all these.

We may not be able to discern these representatives' faces, but the images of their incomprehensible decision alone makes clear the horror that faced all who died that day - whether in offices, or planes, or searing heat and suffocating fumes.

The Jumpers

For the WTC Jumpers

"WHEN THE DEVIL HAD FINISHED ALL THE TEMPTING HE LEFT HIM, TO AWAIT ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY"
-Luke 5:13

He came back,
This time for me.
On the 110th floor I was so close to God
I could almost grab his beard.
Never before has heaven been this close to hell.
I can feel its fire on the floors below
Raising ash and paper and smoke
Thick as Satans laughter.
At the window, shattered,
I look for salvation and he tempts me,
Dares me to jump,
Whispering a psalm in my ear
He spits as he speaks:
He will bid his angels watch over you.
With their hands they will support you.
I mumble Amen,
Close my eyes and sense the rush of air.
I cannot breathe until I finally feel
Those hands of angels
Hard as cement against my face.

by Doug Seubert

[edit on 9-11-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
My 9-11 experience is beyond comprehension. I was there. I lived through it all. I am more than lucky to say I am alive today.
Glady so I am currently in the UNited States Air Force serving my country with the placid hope that something like 9-11 will never ever happen again. But the sad truth has time set in place that something like this WILL indeed happen yet again. Not only will I never forget, but I will constantly remind people that weren't there of my story, of my experience so America or even the world shall never ever become victimized like this again.

~ * ' E ' * ric ~ A.k.A. Airman Adamo ~

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2Super7E123
My 9-11 experience is beyond comprehension. I was there. I lived through it all. I am more than lucky to say I am alive today.
Glady so I am currently in the UNited States Air Force serving my country with the placid hope that something like 9-11 will never ever happen again. But the sad truth has time set in place that something like this WILL indeed happen yet again.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts 2Super7E123

Most of all thank you for your service to your country!

There are some who have forgotten what it is you are fighting for.

[edit on 11-9-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I will never believe that what happened on 9/11 was justified, or that those people deserved to die, but I sure do understand how carrying on like American lives hold more value than lives from anywhere else is annoying to the rest of the world. And there's no denying that's exactly what we do, take a look around the ATS threads popping up! Certainly the media presents it that way, and being the media, I have to believe they're pandering to what people want, which apparently is always saying things like: "A cyclone in Bangladesh killed 80,000...two were American!"

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
On 9/11/04, I will not delve into theories, lay blame, level accusations or do anything of the like. This day belongs not to us who live to try and figure out what happened - it belongs to those to whom it happened.

LL1

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Great post and pics

all i can say is mmmmmm awful..... on the jumper pics.

I could never understand the why? on that day, is why didn't the open up something on that day to catch or break the jumpers fall????
It had to be HORRIBLE to force any human to an alternative as they did, to jump.

I'm a NYer, and we all seem to have known someone that was there.
For me, I knew a lady who leaves behind a 12 year old daughter she was on the 80th flr.

I'll never forget all the cars just left at the Metro-North train station, their occupants never to return. They went to their stations to board trains to the city to never return.

I'll never forget the police/fire dept that went to help, and their description of the sence at clean up... no bodies, just pieces... small pieces.
Makes me want to puke....

They were advised to put thier social security numbers on all their limbs! during clean up, in the event that something should jump off again during clean up.

LL1

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2Super7E123
Glady so I am currently in the UNited States Air Force serving my country with the placid hope that something like 9-11 will never ever happen again. But the sad truth has time set in place that something like this WILL indeed happen yet again. Not only will I never forget, but I will constantly remind people that weren't there of my story, of my experience so America or even the world shall never ever become victimized like this again.

You are with some of the most finest...
What Base?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join