It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

weird anonomily looking on google map

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
i was just googling some directions so i can go visit my gran on saturday and the picture thing cae up so i thought id have a peak to see what her house is like since i havent been in so long.
and i found this strange thing in the sky so i thought it was probally a glitch on my comp or somthing so i zoomed onto another road near her house and there it was again but this time in a differnt angle.
then i noticed more around this other house not far from her ouse, one weird one is by a lamp shade and it seems like half the actual lamp has been erased.
so i decided to have a look a bit more so i moved the curser up to the sky and there seems to be what looks like a comet and something else next to it so i zoomed in on that and there they are.
butit only seems to be over this road.
ive had a go on a few addresses including mine and havent found anything else like it seems really weird

one view from one street of the weird lack thing
" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

this is a view from a different angle from another street near by notice the lamp to

close up of weird balc thing, looks like an elbow!!

weird things in the sky when i moved the curser up into the sky

close up of above image

close up of lamp, its almost like the lamp has been halved and moved over a bit

another view froma street

not sure whats going on here, hopefully someone can debunk these pics, bit worried about my gran

heres the link tothe album i did incase the pictures dont come out, first time ive tryed img253.imageshack.us...

[edit on 18/3/2010 by kerrichin]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Its simply panorama error. The anomalies are cut off from another picture, and when they create a panorama for google(or any other panorama), these anomalies happen, every single time.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerrichin

not sure whats going on here, hopefully someone can debunk these pics, bit worried about my gran

Nothing to worry about. Google maps/earth is chock full of glitches like this. Much fun is to be had looking for them. Some sites out there are dedicated to them.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Your work is noted and well put together, however the conclusion is as stated
by captaintyinknots. You should "google" on just how google earth functions and
the millions of pics they put together in order to get you a panoramic 3D view.
Quite laborious and certainly not perfected to the state of "seamless".

Remember the inauguration day photo and how many ghosts there were.

www.davidbergman.net... w-i-made-a-1474-megapixel-photo-during-president-obamas-inaugural-address/

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I have what looks like a fox poking out of my letter box, on the front door to my house.

It's rather curious, because my letter box, it large, brass and never has anything sticking out of it, on account that the postman never leaves anything "half in or out".

It is certainly fun to think that there might have been a fox that tried to get out of my house through the letter box, but it's unlikely, and more likely to be a camera glitch. Unfortunately.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I have to agree with the others about the pics. However, the one that caught my eye was the one were you were zoomed out, and the black image in the sky with what looked like a shootin star in the day.
I live in stoke on trent, so i'll keep my eye out,lol

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
thanks guys never heard of this before, just seemed weird.
i never usually use google map, i usually use a good old fashioned ma, just being lazy really.

might have to look up these things

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
ITS THE SMOKE MONSTER FRoM LOST

RUN WHILE U CAN!!

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
ITS THE SMOKE MONSTER FRoM LOST

RUN WHILE U CAN!!

arrr my poor gran

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:22 PM