It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal Treatment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
How many of you have actually done something nice for a person? Now, how many of you have actually done something nice for an animal? Let me tell you, more people have answered yes to the first question than the second one. You know why? Because people think animals are inferior to us. Why? Personally, I have no idea. I love animals! I've had two pets and whenever I get time I try to help at the animal shelter. And I don't only care about pets, I care about wild animals too. Why people hunt for fun is beyond me. I mean, you don't walk around hearing deer say, "Come on. Let's go find some humans to kill." Really! What have they ever done to you? Answer that for me. I'm very curious to know.

Animal testing. If there's a word worse than "hate" let me know. That's how I feel about animal testing. Do you know close to 115 million animals are tested upon worldwide? Why do scientists test formulas and junk on animals before people. Well, first they see if the innocent animal gets hurt before they're ready to let people try it. Why? Why test it on an "innocent" animal first? There are more of us than there are of them. So, why not? How is it safer to test something on an "INNOCENT" animal than a person?! Why would we rather hurt animals than people? I've never, and will never, understand that.

Here's little something I read and want to share with whoever bothers to read this rant:

Animals are routinely cut open, poisoned, and forced to live in barren steel cages for years, although studies show that because of vast physiological variations between species, human reactions to illnesses and drugs are completely different from those of other animals. Animal experimentation not only is preventing us from learning more relevant information, it continues to harm and kill animals and people every year.

As many as 115 million animals are experimented on and killed in laboratories in the U.S. every year. Much of the experimentation-including pumping chemicals into rats' stomachs, injecting products into rabbits' eyes via syringe, hacking muscle tissue from dogs' thighs, and putting baby monkeys in isolation chambers far from their mothers-is paid for by you, the American taxpayer and consumer.
The industry and its people profit because animals, who cannot defend themselves against abuse, are legally imprisoned and exploited.

Imagine living locked inside a closet without control over any aspect of your life. You can't choose when and what you eat, how you will spend your time, whether or not you will have a partner and children, and if you do, who that partner will be. You can't even decide when the lights go on and off. Think about spending your entire life like this, even though you have committed no crime.

This is life in a laboratory for animals. It is deprivation, isolation, and misery.
On top of the deprivation, there are the experiments. Animals are infected with diseases that they would never normally contract tiny mice grow tumors as large as their own bodies, kittens are purposely blinded, rats are made to suffer seizures. Experimenters force-feed chemicals to animals, conduct repeated surgeries on them, implant wires in their brains, crush their spines, and much more. Think of what it would be like to endure this and then be dumped back into a cage, usually without any painkillers. Think of what it would be like to endure this and then be dumped back into a cage, usually without any painkillers. Video footage from inside laboratories shows that animals cower in fear every time someone walks by their cages. They don't know if they will be dragged from their prison cells for an injection, blood withdrawal, a painful procedure or surgery, or death. Often animals see other animals killed right in front of them.

While some facilities are better than others at caring for animals not every lab employee kills mice by cutting off their heads with scissors, a practice documented at the University of North Carolina there are no happy animals inside laboratories.
Many dogs and cats used in laboratory experiments come from pound seizures, dealers (puppy mills and companies that breed animals for research purposes) and trapping of wild animals. Some were once trusting companions who simply got surrendered, lost or stolen from their families. This could be your pet

S

Let me tell you, there's much more issues I'd like to rant about that have to do with animals, but that would make this post way to long. If anyone out there agrees with me, good for you. If you don't and think I'm crazy, think that. I'm just here to express my opinion, and that's that.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Wish I could tell ya friend...I am no PETA member mind you...I hate ALF and I eat meat but I treat my horses better than myself. In all I would say I am very equal. My wife, my friends, my family and my animals all get treated the way they deserve. I treat animals with the utmost respect

Animals deserve love and caring...hate going to shelters sometimes and seeing the abused...then thinking how many animals RIGHT NOW are probably being hurt...yuck

love em all...except spiders....ugh -shudder-

-Kyo

[edit on 18-3-2010 by KyoZero]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero
Wish I could tell ya friend...I am no PETA member mind you...I hate ALF and I eat meat but I treat my horses better than myself. In all I would say I am very equal. My wife, my friends, my family and my animals all get treated the way they deserve. I treat animals with the utmost respect

Animals deserve love and caring...hate going to shelters sometimes and seeing the abused...then thinking how many animals RIGHT NOW are probably being hurt...yuck

-Kyo

Thanks for ya words. Also I am not a member of any organisation either lol, and I'm a non-veg too. I just go few times in free time.

I loved horses when I was a lil' kid and rode them quiet a few times. Now they are rare to see in a city life

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero
-Kyo

lol lemme share a secret Im kinda scared of this gecko or what you call home lizard or something and rats

They creep me out lol..but I dont hurt them, I cant actually coz as soon as I see them I jump on some high platform like bed or table lol but I love snakes and have carried them around on my shoulder couple of times.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I'm right with you.

As long as a living being has the same needs that I do - food, water, shelter, warmth, companionship - then I consider it to have as much right to those things as I do.

It's very worrying to see the way non-humans are treated. I do what I can to ensure that any creature I come into contact with benefits from the experience.

It's not much to balance out what some of them have to suffer, but it's what I can do.

If it helps- try to see the creatures that frighten you as being more scared of you than you are of them. Some of them put up a good 'front' - but they're scared, too.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I am on this same train. Ever since I was a small child, I have been a sucker for any animal in need. I was too young to remember, but my mother knew I would be doing something in a biological field when she found me "rescuing" pillbugs from the water as she was watering the garden. Now, if I had know that pillbugs had gills back then, I would have left them be, as they would have been just fine. However, my heart was in the right place.

One of the worst feelings I have ever had was when a bird flew into my wheel as I was driving down the highway. I was so distraught, especially since I really love birds. I felt like a murderer, even though I knew there was nothing I could have possibly done to avoid it.

Animals are intelligent beings with culture and even the capacity for language. Monkeys have different words for different predators, showing that they can not only distinguish but can convey that distinction. They can even combine words to form rudimentary sentences.

Orcas have their own culture. They have different "speech patterns", different hunting techniques, and different social behavior. These get passed down in a cultural manner, just like humans pass down their culture.

Corvids (crows, ravens, jackdaws, jays, magpies) show keep problem-solving skills and memory that rivals or even surpasses that of the great apes. Crows also have distinct dialects. The alarm call of crows in one area may sound nothing like the alarm call of crows in another area, for example.

These are only some of the amazing things that animals can do, yet people so often pass them by, claiming it is just "instinct." However, if you really think about it, we are just instinctual, too. Where is the line drawn? From my angle, it looks very blurry indeed.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HarlequinRaven

Thanx for sharing the info..I did not know about them. I will go thru them later, have bookmarked them.

PS: cool signature

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Im all for legitimate animal testing but for the most part unless it is for medical reasons animal testing is uncalled for.
I dispise PETA because as it turns out they have been caught killing more animals that the shelters they "save" them from.
The ALF is a little to extreme for me, they are boarderline terrorists. But hey i have the conflict logo on my leather jacket lol.
The ASPCA is a pretty nice outfit that i support.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

I definitely agree that most of the groups are too radical for me. I am all for animal welfare, but there are some really crazy people out there. Most of them do not even have a clue what the animals they are "liberating" really need.

reply to post by December_Rain

Thank you for the compliment on my avatar. :3 I made it today at work. I suppose I could have been doing something "productive," but what is the fun in that?

[edit on 19-3-2010 by HarlequinRaven]

top topics

join