It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My personal experience with cops

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pajjikor
reply to post by Jake the Dog Man

I put down I have anger issues to get people off my back about me making up parts of my story. The anger issue is made up. I believed it would help with the constant bashing of my story, I'm tired of people thinking I posted my story for S & F's. Its my story of what happened to me.

If you can't accept my story for what it is then keep your ill advised comments to yourself. If not I'm done with this website and its negativity. After all this website is about denying ignorance. Yet you are ignorant to the fact that the world we live on is cruel. I'm gonna laugh when you post a personal story and no one believes you. It is very frustrating and I just want it to stop. For that reason this is the last time I look at this thread.

edited to make myself feel better

good day sir

[edit on 22-3-2010 by Pajjikor]

Now you admit to lying about the anger issue and say you made it up?Well I didn't know what to believe in the beginning and now i definitely don't believe you or any of the story for that matter.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Pajjikor

First, you shouldn’t smoke. (Okay, just kidding. This IS still America right?)

Next, you made it worse for you by fighting back. I understand that many on here will simply shout me down for saying this but you should have allowed him to cuff you. Why? It’s protocol when dealing with an unknown. You were obviously being pointed out as stealing. The officer was doing what he is trained to do to protect himself. Once in cuffs you would have most likely been questioned.

Note: Being in cuffs does NOT mean you are being arrested. Most of the time it is for the officers protection. Period. Regardless of what the cop haters will say.

Because once you started to resist you ended up provoking the officer into action. You also probably implanted an impression of trying to hide something.

Then when you start to ‘demand’ what you are being charged with, well, of course he’s not going to tell you because most likely all he was trying to do was secure you so he could get your side of the story.

Once you start struggling to the point where the officer cannot secure you he will then use the next stage of force which is the baton to the legs to get you into a more submissive position. (I know, go ahead, call it police brutality but it clearly is not from the OPs own description.) Of course he is going to call for backup once you begin to resist and fight back. Once again, for his own protection.

Now, the questioning should have begun once the other officers arrived so this is where I believe your initial reaction of resistance implanted the idea of alcohol or drug abuse. Sorry my friend but this is how it is. Especially in areas where this is frequent.

Now, I’m sure you were demanding your answers without giving them their answers and possibly doing so in an agitated tone thus making the situation worse for them because you appeared violent thus the alcohol and drug questions.

I agree that there are cops that will jump to conclusions. Many of them do this from an unfortunate amount of experience in dealing with thugs that are on drugs and drunk off their rears. But they should have taken the time once things calmed down to explain what had happened.

I honestly think that you would not have been taken to jail or treated in any inappropriate manner had you simply allowed the officer to cuff and question you. Especially with your friend there as a witness. Unless of course he was a bad cop which unfortunately does exist.

As for the charges, well, you appeared to be verbal with the clerk. The clerk has every right to refuse service to you. They were wrong to sell you the cigarettes if this is the case. They should have said no. But if what you are saying is true as to your reaction to the cost, well, I can see that they may have felt in danger if they were to refuse you service. Then felt it prudent to inform the police that maybe you were drunk or on drugs and violent. That would also implant that impression which is unfortunate because it is human nature.

Intoxication does not necessarily mean alcohol. It can mean drugs as well. And the police will not do a blood test on you unless you actually broke some major laws and they felt your case would go to court. They probably put you into the detox tank thus no bail needed because it is standard practice to give people a chance to cool down after they became hostile and the fear of drugs or alcohol were involved.

And, evidently you were innocent. You didn’t get a ticket. You wouldn’t get bail unless you went before a judge so your statement about making calls for someone to come bail you out makes me begin to question the complete authenticity of your experience.

I’m sorry my friend but cops, in general, are NOT the bad people that so many try to make them out to be.

I remember in another thread a person kept stating how he would smile at police officers and they would just scowl at him. Sorry, I don’t buy that either. So I took it upon myself to wave at and smile at and greet every officer I came across for a week. I would say about 80% of the time I got a positive response. The other 20% of the time they just looked at me. Of course I was worried that maybe they would think I was up to something but alas, no confrontations.

Then I decided to try another little test. I greeted every person I passed in any stores, gas stations or sidewalks for a week. How many people replied with a positive? I would say about 30%. Most people just looked away and kept on about their business.

So when people try to use that as an excuse for how bad cops are I just have to shake my head and laugh.

To just make myself as clear as possible I must state this now. I KNOW there are bad cops. I KNOW there are decent cops that do feel they are above the law. But the vast majority are not like that. Period.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
speaking as a former "man in blue" or actually green and brown..once the cops are there... you have no recourse but to obey whatever they say. They hold all the cards, and you have no choice. The best thing you can do ..even tho it will take alot of willpower, is to co-operate and be peacefull...untill you get out that is. Then file a "complaint". The more "complaints" against a dept, they more they watch thier officers..well, up to a point. This may seem like a "cop-out" (no pun intended..) but unless your ready for the legal consequences....

also remember that on officers "word" is "above reproach"..It is assumed that they are telling the truth and have no reason to lie or exaggerate. Cops are right next to politicians on the truthfulness scale...I've seen the simplest matters turn into a fight, not because the citizen wasn't in the "right" but because most cops are as@holes once they make contact with the public....There is the mentality "if you're not a cop you're probably doing something that you can be arrested for."

We were trained to be "on gaurd" at all times and that influences the actions of police. Police are not psyc majors nor are they customer service personel. Cops see the some of the worst elements of society on a daily basis...how long before you would break and retreat into "if your not a cop your probably doing something unlawfull, we just haven't caught you yet."

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
ive been arrested and charged 3 times now w/out ever having been guilty of a thing

1st time i was accused by my ex's stalker i never knew of of pointing a gun at him and saying i'd shoot him if he didnt leave...actually the truth is he said he would get his pistol and shoot himself if i did not let him talk w/my ex g/f who lived w/me...i just shut the door and forgot it...15 minutes pass and a cop shows up and arrests me for the accusation/charge of menacing and reckless endangering...but i told him it was bs and my ex said he'd done it to her before and was sent to bsu..he had to do his job and i know him so he let me pick what gun he took...i get to pd and in 5 minutes told he admitted he made up whole story...but im still charged and at court im told i may be convicted if judge has state pickup the case even w/him admitting lying...so...in end its dropped but cant get gun and am told to drop it or all my guns will be taken.....oh really?? really?? on what grounds? i never pursued it and regret it now.

.i had a case prior where i fired a shot at a b&e intruder after his g/f stayin in house w/me and she had protection orders on him..i got a 2nd deg menacing, weapon charge for firing in village reck endangering, menacing and he gets trespass/contempt for the violation of order....6 months later she marries him....i never asked for a deal i knew i was wrong..still

2nd arrest was after a mugging...im walking home drunk and get attacked violentlyby a 17 and 16 yr old....i get away and decideto find his parents (neighbor kids i dont know) and no one will answer so im p'od and threw a chair and some stuff of porch...then the kids came back in daddys car and run me down and beat me hold knifeto my neck and cause 3 stitches broken bones teeth etc....cops come and i think im ok but get cuffed for they say i didd all the beating and damage(kid drove over his fence lawn and me)...2 days in jail and i finally get a p/o to look at the evidene and have kids re questioned..they admit the truth and only get a probation and restitution for a 2nd deg assault...i pay for damaged flower pot/chair and get a crim mischief

3rd time a neighbor abandons vehicle in my yard after tearing up grss......moves away..i call code dept and told i will be fined i not removed for junk veh. status and may face lawsuit if they want to sue..nice...its towed and i get grand theft charge even tho was told not a crim matter earler....i prove my case and its dropped but get disord/conduct

so nice justice sysytem huh?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join