It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bryan Singer back aboard X-Men film franchise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
From SuperheroHype

In an interview with Bryan Singer and producer Lauren Shuler Donner at the Los Angeles Times about the first two X-Men movies, the discussion veered to Singer directing X-Men: First Class and possibly even X-Men 4.

So Singer is (most likely) back after failing to launch a new Superman franchise with an unnecessary X-Men origin movie. Really I was hoping for a reboot with a different director. X-Men and X-2 fell short of my twelve year old expectations, even Wolverine. Hugh Jackman is great but I honestly think there's a better Wolverine out there. However, at least with Singer at the helm I can expect a solid, entertaining film. X-Men The Last Stand was the second movie I ever walked out on in a theater. You must either reboot or take that film as non-canon to make any movement in this franchise.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Bryan Singer did a decent job with the X-Men franchise, but I can see your point about getting someone else to try a new idea. I think it is very good news that Chris Nolan will get his hands on the latest Superman project:

www.accesshollywood.com...|imdb|latest-originals

It will be interesting to see his take on the Man of Steel.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
There are now reports that 20th Century Fox is looking for others to helm the franchise other than Bryan Singer. No word as what his involvement, if any, in the projects will be. Stay tuned for more information!

new topics

join