It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitler is Growing Popularity in Pakistan and India...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Hitler is Growing Popularity in Pakistan and Idia...

www.spiegel.de

Germans are popular in India and Pakistan, but not always for the right reasons. Many in South Asia have nothing but admiration for Adolf Hitler and still associate Germany with the Third Reich. Everyday encounters with the love of all things Nazi makes German visitors cringe.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-3-2010 by OddTimeSignature]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well this was a funny surprise to read...really thought the old naziz were extinct and only neo-naziz were alive or something like that...question is do we also find the old concentrationcamps there as well?...and is the reason that Israel not already invaded this rocky countries...they also have nukes that could wipe out Israel...

www.spiegel.de
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I am quite appalled by this. I can only assume that the people in this region are utterly ignorant of the details of the Nazis regime and the crimes it perpetrated under Adolf Hitler's name.

[edit on 18/3/10 by Kram09]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
I am quite appalled by this. I can only assume that the people in this region are utterly ignorant of the details of the Nazis regime and the crimes it perpetrated under Adolf Hitler's name.

I am more appalled by the fact that GM received taxpayer's bailout money while it has quite a dark history with the nazis...

There are many multinational corporations thriving today even though they came to the aid of the nazis, IG Farben/Bayer to name the obvious.

Not to mention the Military Industrial complex that profits every day from shipments to the Middle East and Israel, which launched it's own kind of holocaust on Gaza last year.

IMO, when it comes to fascism, the holocaust and war crimes there are much bigger fish to worry about.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Pianist

I have a book which i have yet to read, on such American-Nazi associations called Nazi Hydra in America.

I understand where you're coming from, however i disagree with your last statement.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I am indian and I can tell you that when I recently went to India I was surprised to know that not many people know what the holocaust is.

It's not at all taught in history in most schools.
Surpringly to add to that, some of the most popular schools in India are christian missionaries which refuse to teach the holocaust for whatever reason.

Schools mainly focus on math, science and philosophy more than anything, also languages. History and economy is also taught, but alot of the scholastic economy books I came across were extremely about local economy and farming, and history was mostly Indian history, U.S. history, pakistan vs. India history and some other topics. Holocaust is nowhere to be found.

You know what?
I just went to the site to see the article
first thing you see is a pic of two kids makign a swastika sign with candles
disgusting journalism
that sign is a sign of Ganesh, not Nazism
I had that exact pic as a wallpaper on my ipod Touch

Horrible journalism!

[edit on 18-3-2010 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

I can only assume you're ignorant of the people in that region. Have you not heard of the caste system in India?

I'm not surprised they like the ideas of fascism and it has appeal for them.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I think at the onset of WW2 a lot of people did not consider the Nazi's to be evil, just ordinary people like themselves.

So if you are not taught of the horrors that went on, how else are you to view the Nazis, and Adolf Hitler?

I think it very sad, but in a lot of ways understandable..

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
In some ways this isn't as surprising as it may sound. In the west we like to think of ourselves as the champions of freedom who saved the world from enslavement. However back in WW2 many nations in South Asia were colonies of the western empires that were at war with the axis. It wasn't intentional but the war with the axis weakened these western empires and lead to many south asian countries gaining independence in the following years. I doubt Hilter would be happy with that legacy though...

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OddTimeSignature

Well this was a funny surprise to read

Agreed...I think it's funny.

Reminds me of how I sometimes hear teenage girls babbling about how much they love pirates. They're thinking Johnny Depp, not unwashed rapists and murderers.

Context is everything.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by belial259
I can only assume you're ignorant of the people in that region. Have you not heard of the caste system in India?

I can only assume you're ignorant of the people in that region. Have you not heard that the caste system was just a failed attempt at an organized economic system, wherein based on your last name your profession would be pre-determined?

People took it the wrong way and went too far with it.
Now caste system is completely dying in India. It is still strong in far away villages with little or no access to schools yes, but in city areas and "suburbs" if you will it is very much dying.
If it is not dying then it is already dead!

Why don't you go visit India instead of being opinionated from afar?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Not surprising. Japan has a nice little Nazi regalia subculture, as well.

Think of it this way - many people in the Western World hold the Roman empire up as the pinnacle of civilization... But it's probably not due to their mass murder of Gauls and Phoenicians, their anti-Jewish purges, and the institutionalized slavery. it's because they had good fashion and some nice scientific achievements.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

thanks Nazis we have Space travel, ICBMs and other stuff
evil they were but smart also

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I can only assume you're ignorant of the people in that region.

I'm Australian.

I know very well how racist Hindu's and Indians are we have quite a few of them here.

I'm more than familiar with things like Sri Lanka (formerly known as Tamil) and Fiji.

Now caste system is completely dying in India. It is still strong in far away villages with little or no access to schools yes, but in city areas and "suburbs" if you will it is very much dying.

So for people higher up on the socio-economic index the caste system isn't so bad. But if you happen to be poor and living in a village like what.... 45% of the population? Then bad luck for you huh?

The caste system is quite obviously still operating in India and you have a very cozy well funded elite there. Even got yourself a few billionaires now I hear. Criminals both of them ofcourse. One a slaver to boot.

No I can't say I buy the idea that India has moved away from this type of thinking.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by belial259]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I can only assume you're ignorant of the people in that region.

I'm Australian.

I know very well how racist Hindu's and Indians are we have quite a few of them here.

You mean the Hindus that got attacked by racist australians?
There was a thread about the attacks, I commented in that thread.
I didn't that australians are racist, I only said the attacks were.
You on the other hand are generalizing like there's no tomorrow.

So for people higher up on the socio-economic index the caste system isn't so bad. But if you happen to be poor and living in a village like what.... 45% of the population? Then bad luck for you huh?

What's your point?
socio-economically YOU want to call it the caste system in India and in the west they call it the middle class and upper class what's your point?

The caste system is quite obviously still operating in India and you have a very cozy well funded elite there. Even got yourself a few billionaires now I hear. Criminals both of them ofcourse. One a slaver to boot.

Yes you HEAR, that's all you've done is heard.
And yes there are Billionaires in India just like the U.S. has bill gates.
What's your point?

Here's a list of australian billionaires
www.brisbanetimes.com.au...
Again... what's your point?

No I can't say I buy the idea that India has moved away from this type of thinking.

Fair enough!
But you can say that it still exists despite never having been there?

India still does have the caste system in some areas, I am not denying that.
It's mostly in villages though, and the thing is that you have to go visit India to see these villages to understand.

Understand what?
Understand distance!

Many villages in India are sooooo sooo far away from civilization.
I mean you got to take a train, and after maybe 10hours of passing by pastures, unhabited massive forests, more forests and a few more forests finally you come to an area where you hire a cab to drive to the village.

That's how far some villages are.

Yes there are some other villages not so far from cities as well, but there it's mostly the grandparents and some parents still living that life.
The kids are not though.

Go visit the place
People wouldn't go to India for spiritual englightement if the people were that segregated.

Go visit and learn!

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
That's hilarious, thanks for posting.

History is written by the victors.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This is not surprising. The Muslims LOVED the Nazis during WWII due to having a common enemy (the Jewish).

The Germans even had several Army and SS units made up of Muslims and Indians.

serbianna.com...
www.libertyvox.com...
www.israpundit.com...

The German Army also had something called the Free Arab Legion and the Indian Legion. Then there was also the more well known Indian National Army formed by the Japanese.

If anyone is interested, their is an excellent 4 book series called Foreign Legions of the Third Reich by David Littlejohn that goes into all the foreign units that served Germany during WWII. Several Osprey Publishing books also deal with this subject (book 4 of the Waffen SS series and the Germany's Foreign Volunteers both from the Men at Arms series).

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Egypt established a museum to honor German Field Marshal Erwin Rommel. I think it is the only memorial established outside of Germany to honor a WW 2 German war hero.
The German people are not only respected and admired in the Middle East and South Asia, but also in China and Japan as well.

[edit on 3/18/2010 by coolieno99]

[edit on 3/18/2010 by coolieno99]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
It would be a good idea to educate people in the Orient with a massive campaign on the evils of Nazism. Otherwise some folks are in danger of falling into similar crimes if they get angry at entire groups they fault with lessening their welfare. Maybe Germany or Israel would do such a campaign. With India and China coming up as new world powers, it would be an important task. Germans are to this day researching the Holocaust and writing no-nonsense articles about it.

In all English-speaking countries, Hitler is perhaps the easiest recognized historical figure. Only a meager percentage of madmen adore him.

It would not be fair to compare life in India to Nazism. India as a whole is a more peaceful country and so is Hindu religion, not to speak of Buddhism. In fact many people around the world learn religious tolerance from Hindu or Buddhist ideas. Of course any callousness and cruelty in human history could be judged, including prejudices and the caste system (of whch the founders of modern India were staunch enemies), but the Holocaust is one of the top evils of all modern human history. You can only cmopare it to Aztec or Assyrian mass murders.
Recent research from the former Soviet Union suggests that Stalin's Bolshevik thugs may have put more people away in Gulags (including for mere racial reasons, e.g. in the case of the small Siberian nations nearly exterminated and Russicized), however, the Nazi holocaust happened in a much shorter time period and with a ferocity and openness unmatched in Soviet life.
Asians have fewer such histories. Mao's crimes can only be guessed as his dictatorship transforms into a peaceful empire slowly. Viet Nam was largely America's fault. The crimes of the cultural revolution have never been fully exposed, but little of it was racially motivated. Pol Pot is perhaps the only similar figure to Hitler and that is a small country compared to the giants.

The Japanese do not cover their historical crimes but as far as I can see from afar, they are not as willing to dwell on them as Germans are. Again, what they committed in China was similar but ... still, no Auschwitz and Bergen-Belsen.

Nothing comparable ever happened in modern India as far as I know. The status of untouchables had its history of atrocities and inhuman treatment and still there are atrocities, but no mass slaughter involving millions of people by a premeditated plan has ever happened. That would certainly be bad karma by the Vedic standards. However, there is a new nationalism there too, just as in China. So the potential is there. Luckily, such an ideology would never move large masses - Indian culture is just different.

In India, the equivalent of Nazism would be to say that Moslems are not humans but counterfeit people sent by evil powers to subjugate the Aryans (and no one would subscribe to this in the South anyway, being non-Aryan), and therefore they must be exterminated efficiently and quickly. For that was the Nazi view on Jews and Roma.

So much from a person who has never been in India but has been an Indian several times in former lives and practices some Hindu and Buddhist styles of meditation etc. In fact, when Selva Raja Yesudian came to Hungary in the forties, many people looked at this Yoga teacher enjoying his time in Eastern Europe as an inspiration of freedom from political manias. In fact, more people are simply apolitical than in the West.

And the best known historical person of modern India in the world outside of India is Mahatma Gandhi, with his cult of no-violence (satyagraha) still studied by political activists around the world. Imagine the fall of the third reich if Hitler was receiving heroin instead of meth (Pervitin).

The fact that Hitler and Germans are still not separated in the thinking of many Indians can be attributed to many social and world view factors. One is that an Indian, being non-European does not feel the compulsion - judging from conversations with a few friends I had - to share European prejudices. We feel any decent person should point at Nazism but they look at it as outsiders. So they link their ideas relatively freely.

As far as helping the Nazis - I do not know. I know for a fact that many Indians fought with the British and I assume with Australia too. I am sure they far outnumbered the wretched and ideologically motivated attempts by the Nazi regime to erect "International troops."

Moslems and Pakistanis are different - they are antagonized by Israeli modern history and feel a phoney belonging due to religion. However, Pakistan is always feuding with India and India does not persecute Pakistanis.
Indian relligions traditionally did not persecute their own mystics as Moslems and Christians did. They usually respect their mystics and Tantriks even if the latter toss away all conventions.

Modern rootless people will buy weird ideologies easier. India is one country where traditions go way back, perhaps the farthest. However, cars and TV will take ther toll doubtessly on eroding traditions.

Plus, it has been a poor country after British rule. It is rising back with computers, space stuff, industry and all. Hippy tourism. One never knows, but my bet is that India would never start a war ( forgot about the Tamil Tigers - which is clearly oppression). It could be provoked, though.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Hitler is a symbol of resistance to american emperialism. And nazi's crime should be weighed with other nation's one such as china , russia , and USA.
Today , the nation closest to nazi germany are the USA, which could explain why they adore nazism.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join