It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AVALANCHING and false charges of domestic violence: You could be next.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I came across a great thread posted today by Doomsday 2029 titled "Got a DWI?... Welcome to the system known as AVALANCHING."
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

Once you get a DWI... here is what you are looking at (in Texas)

It reminded me of what an ex-girlfriend and the court system of Washtenaw County Michigan did to me about nine years ago:

"I was avalanched 9 years ago in Washtenaw County Michigan, but not for DWI. I was dating a woman who worked for the Domestic Violence Project Safe House. Upon breaking up with her she accused me of domestic violence. She knew exactly how the system worked and basically ruined my life. As did the court system. It's a big money maker in Washtenaw County. They stack on fees for classes, probation, drug testing ad nausem utill you're trapped. And once you have a Domestic Violence Asault and Battery charge on your record good luck finding a job. There should be a support group for "Survivors of False Accusations of Domestic Violence".

edit: domestic violence, by the way, is the only charge that I know of at the local level that requires absolutly no evidence for charges to be filed and for a conviction to be handed down. All a disgruntled ex-girlfriend has to do is file a report of abuse and you're history."

edit on Fri Dec 30 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: added link, shortened quote

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

You are 100% correct! Here where I live,a woman can file these charges against you with NO evidence, NO medical proof,NO police report,NO injuries or bruises.MY ex-wife pulled this crap on me over and over and I NEVER once laid a hand on her.Every time I went to court,it would get thrown out for lack of evidence.She would list reasons for wanting a protective order as 'stalking and harrassing' her.Her claims would state that I was 'driving back and forth' in front of our house. Then I would have to miss work to go to court to explain to them that I lived IN THE SAME HOUSE ! We seperated once and she got an apartment in a nearby town.We were seperated for six months when she showed up to let me know that her lease was up and she was going to have me thrown out of my own house because she was moving back in ! Sure enough,the sherrif's department showed up at my workplace with a protective order,telling me that I couldn't go home that day! Again,we were NOT even living together! The court found this to be IRRELEVANT !!!!! So yea, I hear ya bro. It is disgusting,to put it mildly.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
In my state the entire family court system works this way. I posted a long story about my situation but the ATS PTB decided it was a BTS subject. So this one will probably end up in that dust bin as well.

I've paid child support for about 17yrs. Over $150k just since 2002 alone. My ex has never worked remotely close to fulltime (although the child support guidelines says she's supposed to). She was getting more from child support than she earned --- gross --- for several years almost two-times as much. My youngest turned 18 in 2008. She went away to college (which I paid for 1st year) and has never lived at home since nor received any support from her mother. her mother outrightly refused to help with college.

Now, in my state, you have to pay child support until the 'child' is 25 if he/she is a fulltime college student and living at home. Even though I paid roughly $18k for college AND my daughter go nothing from her mother NOR lived at home at any time since Aug 2008, my ex dragged me into court and was awarded over $18k in child support arears. In addition I've been doing Community Service 2 days a week (4hrs/day) since November which will go on until the court decides otherwise. Everyone else in CS gets $10/hr paid against fines/court cocts/attorney's fees. I do it for free. She never had to prove anything andanything she/her attroenyt said was taken as gospel. Despite their outright lying. For example, despite their claims that my daughter still 'lives at home' although away at college, they changed the locks and she couldn't get in if she wanted to.

My credit has been destroyed which, in turn, has destroyed my business of 8yrs. I'm currently in the process of selling whatever I have in order to pay her attorney $1500 by the end of this month or I will go to jail.

It's s lovely country.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

This is surely going on everywhere. How many more ATS members have had simiar experiences, and what can be done about it? I was nailed with a $25,000 bond (with no prior record) held in jail for 55 days until I "broke down" and took their silly plea deal, thanks to the "advice" of my "public defender", not knowing any better (this was my first exposeure to the "criminal justice system". When I was released I was basically homeless. I lost my apartment, job, car, possessions. I was in and out of the local homeless shelter for a few years, developed PTSD, couldn't find gainful employment (who wants to hire some ""violent wife beater"), and finally had a nervous breakdon. All thanks to a law that says "no evidence required, now give us your money... no all of it"

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

The following is an excellent article on how feminists have created a special class of laws to punish men, often with little or no evidence required in order to obtain a conviction.

Feminist Gulag: No Prosecution Necessary

Feminists, despite Gottschalk’s muted admission of guilt, did lead the charge toward wholesale incarceration. Feminist ideology has radicalized criminal justice and eroded centuries-old constitutional protections: New crimes have been created; old crimes have been redefined politically; the distinction between crime and private behavior has been erased; the presumption of innocence has been eliminated; false accusations go unpunished; patently innocent people are jailed without trial. “The new feminist jurisprudence hammers away at some of the most basic foundations of our criminal law system,” Michael Weiss and Cathy Young write in a Cato Institute paper. “Chief among them is the presumption that the accused is innocent until proven guilty.”

Feminists and other sexual radicals have even managed to influence the law to target conservative groups themselves. Racketeering statutes are marshaled to punish non-violent abortion demonstrators, and “hate crimes” laws attempt to silence critics of the homosexual agenda. Both are supported by “civil liberties” groups. And these are only the most notorious; there are others.

Feminists have been the most authoritarian pressure group throughout much of American history. “It is striking what an uncritical stance earlier women reformers took toward the state,” Gottschalk observes. “They have played central roles in … uncritically pushing for more enhanced policing powers.”

What Gottschalk is describing is feminism’s version of Stalinism: the process whereby radical movements commandeer the instruments of state repression as they trade ideological purity for power.

Read more: The New American

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

looks interesting... will check it out.
Thanks

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Domestic Violence Lobbyist Shoots & Kills Husband

www.thepsychoexwife.com...

"Woman charged with killing husband is lobbyist"
www.ajc.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I really wish I had the link to back it up, as without it amounts to hearsay.. BUT I remember reading an article a few months back written by two divorce lawyers in Canada, I believe Saskatchewan.
The article outlined the business practices carried out by them and by many other law firms specializing in divorce.
Before the papers are filed claim spousal abuse at a shelter. The shelter will provide an affidavit agreeing that, yes, the woman and possibly children (if they're in the picture) were abused. Without doing any investigation. This is used, by the authors of the articles own admission, as a weapon to emotionally unbalance the husband/father as well as leverage (if you ever want to see your kids again you'll - fill in blank with X demand). For a long time, judges would take these affidavits as gospel. But now, they've realized the scam and dismiss all affidavits.
What does this mean? (which ties into why the article was written) It means that women who ARE abused are being dismissed as liars. So, the deceitful tactics of lawyers and women with no ability to consider long term ramifications, or think beyond themselves are in fact now hurting women who are abused and do need protection.
Good job, Andrea Dworkin.
As for child support, I have no children and have parents going on 40 years of marriage, so I have no first hand knowledge. Although, to me, wouldn't it make sense if the recipient of the payments be made accountable for every cent to the payee? It's CHILD support payments, not mommy wants a new pair of shoes support payments. That would also exclude expensive gifts given to the child using that money. Something rubs me the wrong way about one parent buying a gift for their kid(s) using the other parents support money in order to ingratiate themselves - 'i bet your dad/mom wouldn't buy you an xbox/pony, but i did, because i love you more!'

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

AND... you can never own any kind of firearm for the rest of your life...

ever..

and ever..

i know.. i got a DV in 93' and i am not allowed to EVER own a firearm..look it up..true..

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Grumble...

The new ATS standards cut of the link from my post above.

Here it is:

Read more: The New American

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Standard fare! I've actually witnessed this exact same thing happen to one of my closest friends. The shocking thing, his wife was the one having the affair! He had done NOTHING wrong! Now he forfeits more than half of his income to her for "Child support".

I'm just wondering what ever happened to "Equal justice under the law" and "Innocent until proven guilty". Then again, I spend every single day wondering what in the hell happened to the United States of America!?!?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I know I have gone through this. I was the one abused numerous times by my ex, had a glass mug broken upside my head, was bleeding profusely from the wound, and when PMO (the military police) shoed up I was asked to leave the house, The said they were going to file charges against her but never did. But stupid me stayed with her so that I could be close to my kids and hopefully keep my kids from getting abused. This went on for 7 years. Finally at the end of the 7 years after her hitting me, biting me, chasing me around the house, destoying the inside of the car, as I tried to get away, I made the mistake of finally hitting her back. I know it is wrong, and am not trying to justify my action, I was simply tired of being beaten, and was hoping that if she felt what it feels like to be hit she wouldn't hit anymore (i know stupid thinking). So we oth got arrested. This was the only time I have been arrested before and since then. She has had numerous arrests for assualt (not on me) and when the DA offered me a chance to get out of jail that day I took it. I had no idea that I could of pled not guilty and still been released that day. Thing is I probably could of been acquitted on self defense. So to probation, court costs, and 36 weeks of dv classes (at 35 dollars a pop) I went. I did my probation, endured being in the class being told I was the reason I was being hit, being told I wanted to control my wife, and every other type of excusing her behavior and placing it on me. I finished my classes, and was released from probation early. My ex, who had to do the same classes missed about 12 weeks before anyone said anything to her, I missed 1 class and they threatened to kick me out. Also i was talking to my probation officer about the abuse I was still suffering and that my ex was still using drugs. I was told flat out that someone else needs to tell them because I was just a bitter husband trying to get his wife in trouble. She then went on to say she called my ex and that she can see me trying to control her. I never once got a call from her probation officer to check on how I felt about her.

long story short, she finally got kicked out of the classes, left my kids alone got brought up on child abuse charges, popped on numerous drug tests and finally had her probation revoked. her total time spent in jail for the child abuse, the dv charge, and an unpaid tkt she had was 6 months.

The only real good part of the situation was I got custody of the kids, and was able to get out of the relationship. She was found to be psychotic, sociopathic, and bipolar. I went on to get married to a wonderful woman, And she went on to marr another guy, have a daughter with him and promptly resume her cycle.

I recently went back to the da with everything else that had happened since my case, to see if I could get the plea overturned. I was told it is all water under the bridge. I have been turned down for many job where the only deciding factor was the dv conviction, and can not legally own a gun for protection. My ex wife is currently trying to get into a gang, and harbors alot of animosity towards me for the choices she made. And if her and her "friends" decide to break into my house all I can fight with are my hands, knives, and maybe a bat, all vs people that are probably armed. All for the practice described in the post. Tje DA knew that I was not experienced in the "system" and knew he could get the ball rolling.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Me toos buddy me too.....Its not a very uplifting environment a high security jail, but i was sent there for a psyche evaluation of all things....42 days the first foutrteen of them in silitary confinement with nothing but a t shirt jeans and socks and onw scratchy wool blanket.Twenty four seven they kept the air conditoning at the coldest level....i sat under the blanket with it over my head to keep the warmth of my breath in.FOR the whole time! It was that cold in there!
Finally after the fouteen i copped a plea in order to obtain medical treatment which they had denied me for the previous two weeks!
Thanks a bunch you RCMP cowards who love to punish suspected wife beaters because they are ones themselves......this gives them absolution for their own bullying crimes.
I cannot begin to list what all that cost me , my business, my home, my reputation, and any faith i ever may have had that women are anything but blood sucking scum these days....thats the way they are raised.
It been ten years and i still have not met a woman i could stand to hang out with for longer than five minutes.
I never before realised how they are all the same.....with eyes opened they certainly lost any appeal they may have once had.
But hey im not bitter, just have no use for women....or cops....the justice system, or hypocrits.of any other stripe.

edit on 23-9-2010 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mayertuck

In another thread i related my story of being attacked with a knife by a now diagnosed psychotic ex girlfriend. I walked away and i never called the police because quite simply i know she would have just turned around and accused me, of course UK laws then mean i would be automatically arrested. As long as she stuck to the story i would have gone to prison. Calling the police would have achieved nothing for me.

However if i had had kids with her then like you i wouldn't have walked out, i would have stayed to protect them. The oddest thing is that when a women runs to a shelter with her children she is protected, but if a man runs away with the kids for the same reasons then he will be arrested for kidnapping.

The police coudl have gone to all my ex girlfriends and never found one tale of abuse but it just wouldn't have mattered.

Got to love these perfectly equal laws huh.
edit on 17-10-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Domestic abuse is no laughing matter. However the system has gotten out of hand dealing with it. Here is just one case that should make people cringe.

Alzheimer's Patient Arrested and Held Without Bail

Rose McLeod of Winnipeg is married to Joe, who's 69 years old. Joe has Alzheimer's dementia and one morning in early September, Rose woke up to find her husband acting aggressively toward her because he didn't know who she was. There must have been some sort of altercation because Rose fell. She then called the police, who came and, pursuant to their mandatory arrest policy, arrested Joe. He's been in the prison's medical ward ever since. He's had at least 11 court appearances, but hasn't even had bail set.

Rose never wanted him to be arrested, but when mandatory arrest is the policy, she's got nothing to say. Call the cops and even hint at domestic violence and someone's going to jail. If he happens to be mentally incompetent and need care, that's his problem; he's still going to jail. Rose doesn't want him prosecuted either, but that too is none of her affair. The domestic violence system has him and it's not letting go.

I had a friend spend 72 hours in jail because his girlfriend claimed he assaulted her. How did he assault her? He spit in her face during an argument. Now there is no eveidence that he did and she even said that he never hit her. However, spitting in a woman's face is good enough to land you in jail from noon on Friday until noon on Monday.

He was eventually ordered to attend anger management classes weekly for three months. It ended up costing him $1,200 for the classes, $300 in court costs, and he lost his concealed carry handgun license. He also lost his job with a security firm.

It was her word against his and spitting on some one is technically assault. So, they found him guilty. The judge said that at the close distance they were standing it could have been an accident. "That is why you should always walk away from an argument," was the judges justification.
edit on 17-10-2010 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Don't forget to add in the fact that you can never ever ever own any kind of firearm for the rest of your life...

There is no way to have this reversed either..i tried..

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Just ran across an interesting discussion going on here:

Borderline Personality Disorder And "Splitting"
by alldaylong
started on 12/29/2011 @ 04:20 PM

- PS

Lisa was "The Perfect Storm". Delusions, Borderline Personality Disorder, the will to act, and a readily availabe forum to manipulate: law enforcement and the court system. All made for a ruined life. Things are better now though. And I'll never cross paths with her again. She lives far, far away.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
In the 'Hood, (California, USA) if you're a Black Male & have a relationship with a White Female, we have a sarcastic saying about False Allegations of Domestic Violence or Abuse against Males by Females:

"OJ fu*!ed it up for everyone"

Especially if you're a Black Male with a White Female and the cops are predominately White. You're considered Guilty until Proven Innocent and could very easily have your life ruined or ultimately taken by Cops turned Judge, Juror, & Executioner if the Woman is a Breeder. (Fine Looking, Beautiful, etc.)
edit on 30-12-2011 by seedyg because: clarification on demographics

edit on 30-12-2011 by seedyg because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
divorce is terrible on everyone. the husband, wife, children, friends, and family all suffer. but child support hurts the person paying. the amounts requested are unreasonable. the duration for payment of child support is unreasonable. some people have to pay until the child is 25 years old. TWENTY FIVE YEARS OLD.

the parent who takes primary custody should also be required to assume all financial responsibility too. this would help avoid lots of problems.

-subfab

top topics

join