It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.K. Police Warned Not to Ask for 'Christian' Name to Avoid Offending Other Faiths

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

U.K. Police Warned Not to Ask for 'Christian' Name to Avoid Offending Other Faiths

www.foxnews.com

British police officers have been warned not to ask people for their "Christian names" because they might risk offending people of different faiths, the Daily Mail reported.

Under the strict new "diversity guidelines," law enforcement agents in Kent, U.K.. have also been told to avoid certain greetings and phrases, including "Evening all," "my dear" or "love." Such terms might cause offense, creators of the guidelines warn.

The new rules, revealed to the Daily Mail through Freedom of Information laws, advise police not to shake hands when greeting people, not to use slang when
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
First ofall the headline dosen't do this story justice. By the sound of it this is the final piece of the puzzel to make the police emotionless stom troppers. Definitly a New World Order guideline.
We here in Amerika will be hereing more of this "diversity guidelines" tripe.
They might as well put robots on the street. Thats what they want...how sad.

Make laws basically that make it illegal to be human or show emotion.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I think that the group of people they are trying to make happy with would themselves consider this overreacting paranoia.

now... let's all worship a golden horse!
not sure why I said that

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
So I guess when people of 'other faiths' claim it is offensive to them to pay taxes, the government will bring in laws that say they don't have to.

Enough of this PC nonsense, show me the figures which show thousands of people complaining over these tiny things.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by StevenDye
So I guess when people of 'other faiths' claim it is offensive to them to pay taxes, the government will bring in laws that say they don't have to.

Enough of this PC nonsense, show me the figures which show thousands of people complaining over these tiny things.

I agree I hate tiny things...

It does seem latley that a tiny group is setting rules for the majority.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by Grayelf2009]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Cops have to make their sniffer dogs wear little "booties" to stop certain faiths being offended.

They are scared of being sued for racism when searching ethnic groups.

And now they must not say the word"christian."

This PC crap is becoming a daily onslaught these days...
I am working on a way to turn it on its head,by creating my own "religion"
which exists outside of governmental control mechanisms,and all members abide by the commandment "Thou shall not pay taxes to corrupt organisations/groups/governments."

Anyone is welcome,and you don't even have to give up your other religion-mine will happily sit along side any other religion.

I rekon we would only need a few thousand members to be classed as a "minority group/religion" by the government,who under their wonderful discrimination laws,would HAVE to except my religion,and would NOT be allowed to infringe upon its commandment.

Tax free living,PROTECTED by the very government,via my new religion...

Anyone wanna join up?
Its free,and always will be.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Wow...from the bastion of truth and light that is the daily mail

I don't refer to anyone's name as their "Christian" name..

I'm not sure why, In a secular society, those that police should refer to it as such either.

Given name or just "Name" is fine I think.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Wow...from the bastion of truth and light that is the daily mail

I don't refer to anyone's name as their "Christian" name..

I'm not sure why, In a secular society, those that police should refer to it as such either.

Given name or just "Name" is fine I think.

So this article is not true?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Its true enough:

news.google.co.uk... gFM2pjAeBnuD7Ag&rt=SEARCH&vm=STANDARD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.telegraph.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fuknews%2Fcrime%2F7472046%2FPolice-officers-banned-from-asking-for- Christian-names.html

news.google.co.uk... IaGUjAfa48v7Ag&rt=MORE_COVERAGE&vm=STANDARD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kentnews.co.uk%2Fkent-news%2FKent-Police-told-not-to-ask-_Christian_-names--newsinken t33942.aspx

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I'm not saying that the article is not "true".... but the daily mail has a very...er... biased view of immigration and other social issues shall we say.

Every week (every day!!) there will be stories about immigrants and "foreigners" and so on and not positive ones either...... Not really my kind of paper.

But I'm sure the story is true in a sense, Just depends how the Daily Mail have decided to spin it I guess.

After Stephen Gately ( a minor celebrity here in the uk) died last year, of natural causes, one of the Daily Mail writers said his death was because of his homosexual lifestyle and said a few unpleasant things about him and Gays in general... and it was like the day or 2 days after his death.

They are basically right-wing, Anti-everything not white and British and Christian.

[edit on 18/3/10 by blupblup]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The UK is slowly burning out. If they can't get their self together and not care who gets offended by upholding the law, i see chaos in the future. I'm not only talking about the thread subject, i mean overall through everything that's happened.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

The 62-page 'Faith and Culture Resource' booklet produced by the force's diversity support group sets out customs and practices in a number of religions and beliefs including paganism and rastafarianism.

In it, officers are told to offer to remove their shoes on entering people's homes as some religions frown upon shoes being worn inside the home.

Other handy tips for police include wiping their feet to get rid of mud when entering a gypsy's trailer and not to put a cup of proffered tea on the floor as this could offend their standards of cleanliness.

The booklet also contains a section on appropriate terms to describe ethnic origin, suggesting 'mixed parentage' or 'mixed cultural heritage' should be used instead of 'mixed race'.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Officers spend a lot of time drinking tea with Gypsies, do they? lol

The source is the Faith and Culture Resource booklet, I guess that's what we have to read, can you read it on line?

I don't see how asking for a surname or a Christian name would be offensive.

[edit on 113131p://bThursday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I see blupblup, thank you.

But then it is true?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by blupblup

I see blupblup, thank you.

But then it is true?

Yes I would imagine it probably is.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Uk police have this mad minority report tech, where they just make up people will do something and set out after there lifes.

They do not care about offending, they are here to totally destroy and humilate people into there desperate attempt for someone to do something, to justify there rubbish minority report technology that is useless, as my life has shown.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Dude don't start with your "I was a government guinea-pig crap.... please.

This thread does not need it and nor is it related in any way.

Go and start a thread yourself or actually just answer some of the thousands of questions people have posed to you on this very site but which you just ignore... :shk: :shk:

[edit on 18/3/10 by blupblup]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Scotland Yard recently instructed officers not to use the phrase ‘gang rape’, because the term was considered too emotive.

Instead they were told to refer to the crime as ‘multi-perpetrator rapes’.

A Freedom of Information request to police forces and fire services has also revealed that a number of organisations, including Essex Police and Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service, instruct staff to avoid the words ‘child, youth or youngster’.

Addressing someone as a ‘girl’ or a ‘boy’ could have ‘connotations of inexperience, impetuosity and unreliability, or even dishonesty’, according to official guidance.

The same guide also warns against the phrases ‘manning the phones’, ‘layman’s terms’ and ‘the tax man’, for ‘making women invisible’.

Instead they were told to refer to the crime as ‘multi-perpetrator rapes’.

Seriously?

Are these rules they must abide by, or just suggestions?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

It's like calling a bin-man an environmental technician and so on I would imagine.

Political correctness gone mad

Who knows my friend.... could be true... could be all a load of bollocks made up to sell papers.

I'm sure there's some truth in it though.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
What are the world leaders up to is my question, what are they setting us up for?

Walk straight ahead don't turn you head to look to the left or right, don't speak, unless spoken to.

Puppets fits nicely.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I know.... Police state and nanny state are terms that spring to mind.

Crazy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join