It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug Testing for Welfare Recipients

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Just heard this on Patriot Radio . Georgia is not the only state that wants to push a NWO agenda . You know its a double edge sword here so my thought even before this was to get rid of welfare all together. Here is a snip>>>

Some people in one state may soon have to undergo and pass drug tests before being granted unemployment benefits or welfare.

Georgia state lawmaker, Republican Michael Hardin, is sponsoring the bill that requires random drug tests for anyone getting such benefits.

Hardin says the bill is an idea whose time has come for weary taxpayers. Hardin says, "They want to know without a doubt that their tax dollars are not going to support illegal drug activity."

Harden says the drug test would cost no more than $25.00 and be paid by the person being tested. The state would cut off anyone who refuses the test or fails.

Other backers of the legislation say they want to make sure those on the unemployment line have the ability to go back to work and they say one of the things that's preventing them from having that opportunity is the fact they can't get past the drug test.

What Hardin is proposing is nothing new. The Congressional overhaul of welfare in the 1990s allowed states to implement drug testing as a condition of receiving help. Indiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, Wisconsin and Virginia tie eligibility for some public assistance to drug testing for convicted felons or parolees. A Michigan proposal for random testing was struck down by a federal court on grounds it violated the 4th Amendment's protections against unreasonable search and seizure

The last line says it all. Folks we are under a constant attack to bring this Republic down.

Idaho is proposing a similar bill.

BOISE, Idaho (AP) - The House voted 55-11 to ask the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare to study the cost of randomly testing recipients of public assistance for illegal drugs.

Numerous other states have at least considered measures to require testing of welfare recipients.

In Idaho, Health and Welfare must report its findings before the 2011 session - including whether the state could save money by terminating benefits to users.

Rep. Rich Wills, a Glenns Ferry Republican, sponsored the bill in response to concerns from some constituents who fear people getting benefits could be doing drugs, too.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by Grayelf2009]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

How about this make it voluntary to submit to drug testing, If you don’t take a drug test, you don’t get welfare..... It’s that damn easy... People have to take piss tests for work all the time, People who are down on their luck or getting a free ride should be held accountable for their "free" money as well.

My brother is a welfare warrior, or at least his girlfriend is. She gets free housing, food stamps and Medicaid for their two kids who are both under the age of two... As well as the Free electricity and WIC. There 3 Bed room 2 and a Half bath Government paid for town home is nicer then my home and both My wife and I work...

On top of that neither of them work and she’s a pothead... So you can see why I am happy to see the States push for Piss Tests... If you have the money to get high you don’t need Government Assistance. So Piss them Often and if they refuse to piss, well then you lose your government cheese...

Now mind you if you have prescription drugs that is different than illegal drugs.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Im all for drug testing people on welfare, they are getting free money that i worked for the least we can ask is that it is not spent on drugs.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I hope this covers alcohol and tobacco aswell, if this is about someone spending and wasting tax payer money on drugs then just as much if not more money can be wasted buying those two compared to illegal drugs.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

Here you go...

Good topic...

new topics

top topics

join