It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling the Love in Jerusalem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I found this on whatreallyhappened.com...

a video that made me despise israel even more.

check it out and comment

video banned from youtube , vimeo etc.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
OK, I'll bite - but I'm confused as to where the video was shot.... All the people interviewed sound very Americanized, look Americanized, and the chick didn't know who Benjamin netan-achoo is.

But yeah, it seems it's ok for irealli's to bet anti semetic, and racists to the rest of the world, but God damn you if you say something about Israel.......

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
heh, well, this is like any other drunk kidfest. A bunch of angry early 20 somethings 3 sheets in the wind talking politics will always be seen as a hatefest.

I wont judge a country by the lowest common denominator.

What I seen is simple. These kids are drunk, scared, and angry. They live in a country surrounded by what they consider to be enemys..of course they are going to be a bit aggressive. Remember the palistinian whom suicide bombed the nightclub some years back, killing these types of kids just for a political point. When was the last time you went out for a few beers and wondered very reasonably if some idiot was going to come in and blow himself up...to even go out at night is a sign of bravery over there...put a few drinks in and the angst of youth and your going to see some rather angry and aggressive people.

Now...imagine what going to interview the youth in some bars across heartland America in 2002 when the country was in high gear of fearing muslims and start talking to the average person about say...france...you would hear anger, fear, name calling, racism, etc.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by hhcore
OK, I'll bite - but I'm confused as to where the video was shot.... All the people interviewed sound very Americanized, look Americanized, and the chick didn't know who Benjamin netan-achoo is.

But yeah, it seems it's ok for irealli's to bet anti semetic, and racists to the rest of the world, but God damn you if you say something about Israel.......

I was about to point out that...actually said this could be anytown, USA...but figured since that one dude was talking about any day he and all of this could get nuked any day...that the editor was simply hand picking some locals based on their english...little america type exchange students perhaps.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I agree, they seemed very Americanized, but I checked and Nadin Pub is in Jerusalem. I did find it nuts that a "politcal science major" didn't know who Benjamin Netanyahoo is..

[edit on 3-18-2010 by rogerstigers]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
In my opinion it is impossible to hate either side in the Israel - Palestine conflict, I just feel too bad for both of them.

These are governments that do not want peace, the conflict keeps them both in power. Fear, anger and despair keep them in office, they deserve eachother.

Who do not deserve any of what is being given to them are the people, innocent civilians and the lowly soldiers in both nations live caught between the two governments and their absolutely evil power games.

This is not a region of the world that needs any more hate from any of us. They need forgiveness, compassion and pity.

Behold oh Children Of Abraham, Jews, Christians and Muslims, look upon your holy land, the home of your religions, and weep for what hatred has brought to it.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
"When was the last time you went out for a few beers and wondered very reasonably if some idiot was going to come in and blow himself up...to even go out at night is a sign of bravery over there"

Yeah, last time I went out for a few beers all I had to deal with was the potential for some pleasant stuff like shootings, stabbings, muggings, beatings, rapes, robberies, false arrests and police brutality. I'd bet anything the chances of being a victim of violent crime are much higher in the States than they are in Israel.

You know, there are other reasons than Draconian Drug Laws why the United States has the highest prison population per capita in the world.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by SphinxMontreal]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
When was the last time you went out for a few beers and wondered very reasonably if some idiot was going to come in and blow himself up...to even go out at night is a sign of bravery over there...put a few drinks in and the angst of youth and your going to see some rather angry and aggressive people.

When was the last time this was a worry for Israelis? I see a lot of people banging on this drum, but I'm not seeing a lot of it actually happening. Even at their height, suicide bombings were rather uncommon.

Odds are an Israeli's more likely to get killed by another Israeli after a night of drinking.

new topics

top topics

join