It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Fighter Jets Pound Gaza Strip

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man

Originally posted by minkey53
This is why I am not religious!

After all, there is no actual proof of God or any other Bhudda etc.!

I worked with a guy from Israel and he said he wasn't religious because all wars are based on religion, clever man eh!

Religious nutcases are simply that, nutcases.

Get a life!!

one would have thought with your attacks soly on muslims that they are Nut cases, yet here you say Religous Nutcases are Just nutcases,

so is religous Nutcases only for people of one faith in your book,

i have a life do you?

You could say that I consider myself a good Christian.

That doesn't mean I pray every day or read the bible at night or even go to church.

I just enjoy helping people and doing good things.

There's nothing wrong with that!

Some people just take it too far. For instance a Bus Driver here in the UK stopped his bus and prayed at certain times of the day, making the passengers wait and making the schedule late. That's not right, is it!

We also have a new religion here called Jedism, ie. wearing a hooded top like Yoda on Star Wars. The Government had to issue a formal apology this week to a spotty teenager because he said he was a Jedi and refused to remove his hood in the local government job centre. Another complete joke!

That's being religious nutcases like people who blow themselves up .........!!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

theres enough space for all those jews in germany or canada...

Ummmm....

[edit on 18-3-2010 by star in a jar]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
To those who blame Hamas for hiding in civilian buildings and what not, what do you expect a tiny military group to do? They're out gunned and out numbered. Do you expect them to just stand out in the street with their crappy weaponry just to get slaughtered? They hide there probably because they know you're SUPPOSED to try and not demolish civilians, although since it's a small war, Israel does have its right to attack what they deem to be holding enemy combatants.

I'm just tired of hearing people throw out comments saying it's Hamas' fault for hiding there. You expect them to just stand in the street or something and take whatever the Israel government throws at them which would be the stupidest thing to do since they would then get massacred and have no one else stand up for what they're fighting for.

I say, if Israel retaliates in such overkill methods, that Hamas and such should kick things up a notch...Would rather see a more even fight at least and give Israel a better reason to bomb things the way they do. In the end, war sucks and there will be no peaceful solution to the conflicts over there.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This can't be good for U.S/Israeli relations.

www.debka.com...

staff members at various times have discussed asking for the Palestinian territories to be added to CENTCOM's turf." debkafile's military sources explain that, if approved, this step would be tantamount to providing the Palestinians with an American military umbrella against Israel.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LordTacos

So would your prefer Israel to blow up these buildings and take the lives of innocent civilians with them? Or would you rather stand up and fight in the streets and finish the fight?

Yes, I can and will blame them for hiding in civilian buildings because they're putting people who have nothing to do with them in harms way. Oh because they're a small force that justifies their dirty tactics?

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog....

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstar02

No, it's not dirty tactics, it's called trying to survive. Does it put civilians in the way, yes. But they could hide anywhere and most likely there will be civilians around. It seems like you just want them to stand in a wide open street and wait to get shot, bombed, whatever.

It's supposed to be a practice to not target civilian buildings but it's up to Israel if they want to go ahead with plans and it's perfectly fine if that's how they want to handle it since it is war. But to lay the blame solely on Hamas because they try to retreat to or fight from a somewhat safe haven so they can do their best to not die is rather stupid.

The number one rule in war is...To stay alive. Which is what they try to do and why they chose civilian buildings as bases. Although it doesn't seem to deter counter-attacks now. Still better than just fighting from some tent out in the open just waiting to be destroyed.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstar02

That is a bit short-sighted. The Palestinians are corralled into tiny enclaves, boxed and fenced in, militants and civilians alike. There is nowhere to run, nowhere to hide! They are NOT hiding among the citizens, they are TRAPPED among them!

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I am going to have to agree with this one whole heartedly.

This conflict has been going on for a long time and the only way this is going to end is for someone to wipe someone else out. IMO, these guys are nuts to fire rockets into Israel; Israel has a pretty potent military capable of some massive damage. We have all seen this. I personally do not blame them for retaliation, I would do the same thing. I guess that makes me some ludicrous war monger and I am ready for the flames from the wannabe hippies that think the world is rainbows and bunnies...
"you bombed us and killed thousands of people, but let's talk about it"

In the words of Johnny Storm (The Human Torch): "FLAME ON!!!!"

Some of the hypocrites here amaze me. How many of you (ATS forum members) were the ones screaming for blood after 9/11? It would be interesting to go back through the archives (if any) here on ATS and check out the threads following 9/11.

I guess all we can do at this point is stay tuned to news sources and see how this all plays out.

Originally posted by Crakeur
so, let me get this straight. If Mexico were to shoot a rocket into Texas, y'all think the US would be better served doing nothing? Talking with the Mexican government about their first strike?

Israel is no innocent but they respond when provoked, as should anyone. Hamas is shooting rockets against an enemy that is far better equipped. They're morons. Would any of you walk up to Mike Tyson, in his prime, and try and sucker punch him? Would you expect him to ask you to discuss the problem or would you expect him to unleash a few jabs, possibly an uppercut?

I do recall an entire nation screaming for blood after 9/11. Nobody knew where to go but they knew they had to. If you get pushed, you push back, lest you wind up being pushed around.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Like your use of graphs... Humans lives just another blip on a graph.. then comparison made.... Its ok then... You have proved your point ... well done... I dare you to show that graph to those who have lost lives in Israel and i am sure you will get the appropriate response... From me too... I have lost family to those assholes, and my daughter has anxiety issues at the tender age of 13... Show you graph to me... You with no clue....

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acid_Burn2009
I am going to have to agree with this one whole heartedly.

This conflict has been going on for a long time and the only way this is going to end is for someone to wipe someone else out. IMO, these guys are nuts to fire rockets into Israel; Israel has a pretty potent military capable of some massive damage. We have all seen this. I personally do not blame them for retaliation, I would do the same thing. I guess that makes me some ludicrous war monger and I am ready for the flames from the wannabe hippies that think the world is rainbows and bunnies...
"you bombed us and killed thousands of people, but let's talk about it"

Man...So just because Israel has a better military capacity,they should terminate their enemies yeah?

Survival of the fittest,the Nazi way.

Maybe we should all go by that doctrine,and see whats left after we have proved,once and for all who is "the toughest."

Your viewpoint lacks any basis in reality,and would if carried out,lead to the destruction of the human race.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by warisover
When is China or Iran or someone with morals going to wipe Israel off the map? soon isn't soon enough imo

You want to kill the population of an entire nation because they responded to missile attacks? How do you sleep at night.

This is the third rocket fired from Gaza in the past 24 hours. Five rockets have struck southern Israel in the past two days

This was a provoked attack. Are you a member of Hamas?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
This was a provoked attack. Are you a member of Hamas?

I can agree there. I don't like Zionism as I've repeatedly said but at the same time this talk of defending yourself or being a small under armed military just doesn't fly.

Randomly firing 5 rockets over a day or so into civilian areas is not what I'd classify a military operation because it's not. Maybe if they fired a few hundred rockets in the space of a few hours we could credit this to being a military operation.

But it's obviously not that.

What it is is terrorism and a provocation.

If you want an infatada take it to Israeli police and military and government. Attack them. But killing innocent non combatants? That's wrong.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Everyone lets gather around a fire and discuss how much we hate Israel for killing civilians. Lets not say anything about the people on the Gaza strip that send rockets into Israel and know that Israel in turn will kill more civilians. Know that needs not be said. Lets focus on the fact that Israel just doesn't care about those civilians and continually kills them. In fact lets make sure that everyone understands that the suicide bombers and rocketeers are just trying to take there land back and actually probably feel bad about having the civilians in Gaza killed.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
when i play any of the total war series, i cant wait for some country on the map to do the slightest infraction against me, it gets me in their borders and usually all the way through to the next enemy over some very small issue that can be construed as war like.

once that happens... its on.

seems like israel has just been CHOMPIN at the bit for quite some time now.

i dont think the us should have anything do with this, same as any other country.

but thats my opinion

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

So if a grenade is lobbed over the wall into San Diego, an appropriate response is to bomb the living hell out of Tijuana?

No.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
reply to post by Mdv2

Like your use of graphs... Humans lives just another blip on a graph.. then comparison made.... Its ok then... You have proved your point ... well done... I dare you to show that graph to those who have lost lives in Israel and i am sure you will get the appropriate response... From me too... I have lost family to those assholes, and my daughter has anxiety issues at the tender age of 13... Show you graph to me... You with no clue....

then you must know how a palestinian father feels like then

and how the sons and daughters of theirs are going through

the Graph shows alot

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Hey. Aren't you the guy who knowingly brought your kids to a place where htye might get hit by rockets, or at least traumatized by them? Yeah, yeah I remember you, you were complaining that you had to move back to the UK because of it, weren't you?

Look, man, only a real butthead takes his kids to a war zone in the first place. Said butthead has to have some real damage to blame others for the results of his poor decisions.

Your girl's problems, while tragic, are 100% your fault for putting her in that situation. Maybe you should see about getting her some help, instead of swinging her around like a dead cat on an internet forum to justify your desire for a lot of dead Arabs.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

i dont blame him on moving to Isreal.

to jews around the world Israel advertise it as a safe haven suger and candy coated to build up their numbers to keep up with the none jewish population growth.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

yet more evidense that the Zionists are some of the prime antisemites still operating these days, I suppose.

However, I do blame him. I wouldn't take my kids to the Venezuela-Colombia border. I wouldn't take my kids to Tibet or Xinjiang. I wouldn't have taken my kids to Colombo or Belfast, or Belgrade or Beruit for that matter.

Why?

BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE SHOOTING AT EACH OTHER ALL FREAKING DAY!

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Listen Man,I may disagree with some of your views,but I hope you find a peaceful life for you and your family.
West Midlands though,sheesh.
Sorry for off topic

More related links :

www.ft.com...

www.google.com...

gulfnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join