It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Fighter Jets Pound Gaza Strip

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I'm starting to think its time to shade to another website, cause this one seems to be drastically taken up by islamist radicals these days. Yeah Isreal responded, and with force unlike the rockets. But as the old saying goes " if your going to poke the tiger, be prepared to deal with its claws".

Constant poking and proding on both sides , is what sets us up for the whos's right argument everytime there is a slight blip on the radar in the ME. It's a simple fact that if there we're no rockets at civilian sites in Isreal there would be no response from F-16 fighters plain and simple. They only respond to attacks. I'd like to see some source articles that show the Isrealis' as the aggressor, just attacking for sh**s and giggles. Doesn't ever come across as that way because one is blindly firing highly unaccurate ordinance into towns and villages. And on the otherside the isrealis are using guided missles to strike where the rocket came from, not just firing into the civilian population. Terrible Isrealis!

I agree there has to be better ways to deal with things and its hard to hold each side responsible for the actions of a few. But this is ridiculas to claim this is the start of it all, when on a regular basis you see this exact same scenario play out month after month. Rocket hits a house scars a person, jets scramble take out the site the rocket came from, all you people scream bloody murder, shame on Isreal. Then theres peace and quiet for a bit, then another rocket, same game plays out, bloody murder, shame Isreal.

Just keep poking the tiger and calling for diplomacy seems like the best solution right?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

You better not say that to loud around here, Some of these people Love Iran, and think they are the saviors of the Middle East. And will even turn a blind eye to Iran executing its own citizens for speaking out against the Mullahs... The double speak stupidity with the Anti-Israel Pro HAMAS/IRAN is astounding.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

In case you dont know that rocket Killed a man in Israel today.. care to retract your statement?

www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 18-3-2010 by poedxsoldiervet]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaneThinking
I'm starting to think its time to shade to another website, cause this one seems to be drastically taken up by islamist radicals these days. Yeah Isreal responded, and with force unlike the rockets. But as the old saying goes " if your going to poke the tiger, be prepared to deal with its claws".

Ignore the ones who seem to have an agenda and look at the bigger picture. If the Israeli Government loses it's perceived status then all bets are off. That tiger could go rogue on the US and EU.

If Obama cannot hold Israel to any sort of peace reform then the ME will be lit up.

Stay tuned.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Look at the big picture, man!

We have talk this from up to bottom in time of Op Cast Lead here in ATS year ago - and I am not willing to start this same worthless discussion about is it right or wrong, all over again.

link   
reply to post by illusive man

And how many British were killed by IRA? And how many of those British were civilians? And how many rockets IRA fired on Britain?

link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
so, let me get this straight. If Mexico were to shoot a rocket into Texas, y'all think the US would be better served doing nothing? Talking with the Mexican government about their first strike?

Israel is no innocent but they respond when provoked, as should anyone. Hamas is shooting rockets against an enemy that is far better equipped. They're morons. Would any of you walk up to Mike Tyson, in his prime, and try and sucker punch him? Would you expect him to ask you to discuss the problem or would you expect him to unleash a few jabs, possibly an uppercut?

I do recall an entire nation screaming for blood after 9/11. Nobody knew where to go but they knew they had to. If you get pushed, you push back, lest you wind up being pushed around.

Yay, at last, somebody who understands the situation and is living on planet Earth.

Israel will not fire back silly little rockets because they probably don't have them. A few bigger ones back should normally do the trick and shut the Muppets in Gaza up. But as the poster says, they're morons and need to be taught a lesson, at last!

link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by Crakeur

You better not say that to loud around here, Some of these people Love Iran, and think they are the saviors of the Middle East. And will even turn a blind eye to Iran executing its own citizens for speaking out against the Mullahs... The double speak stupidity with the Anti-Israel Pro HAMAS/IRAN is astounding.

Any bias is ignorant. Not just the Iran apologists, also those who believe that Israel is merely protecting itself have no clue. Like I previously said, this conflict is not as black an white as these foolish pro-Israel and pro-Islam/Palestine camps attempt to make it look like.

I should add that my remark regarding Israel does not apply for this specific situation.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaneThinking

so you speak out against Israel, you must be the following now

before it was

Muslim
Anti semetic
Anti Jewish
Anti Israeli
Racist

Now its also

Islamic radical.

wow thats alot of BS coming from one person

well dont let the door hit you where the good lord split ya.

Originally posted by Mdv2
Any bias is ignorant. Not just the Iran apologists, also those who believe that Israel is merely protecting itself have no clue. Like I previously said, this conflict is not as black an white as these foolish pro-Israel and pro-Islam/Palestine camps attempt to make it look like.

firstly you know i am not that pro anyone (see my previous replies i will attack Iran and Israel and so forth

i would also Add Pro Jews/Israel if your going for Pro Muslim/Palestine
one thing i dont get though from some people is why they just use religion
fair play if both Israel and palestinians were both one faith each 100%
which we know is BS

[edit on 18-3-2010 by illusive man]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
reply to post by illusive man

And how many British were killed by IRA? And how many of those British were civilians? And how many rockets IRA fired on Britain?

www.manchester2002-uk.com...

www.londondrum.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

On Saturday 15 June 1996, at a peak shopping time the day before Father's Day, a 3,000lb IRA bomb exploded in Manchester, injuring more than 200

list of killings there have also been inidents during the last few years of them planting bombs on the boarders and attacking police, aka recent shootings at British bases in NI

Unlike the Israelis we didnt bomb Civilians in retaliation.
we didnt force group punishment on the irish, nor did we stop trade and other essential goods to the irish (essential being the Kegs of bear and alcohol) . so cut the CRAP.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by illusive man]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SaneThinking

I suspect there are very few Muslim posters on ATS, most are probably turned off by the amount of muslim bashing threads.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

I suspect there are very few Muslim posters on ATS, most are probably turned off by the amount of muslim bashing threads.

I thought ATS was anti semetic and another arm of alquida?
thats the vibe i am getting. where you getting the msulim bashing from

its ironic if one person doesnt like the views of others they will attack an entire group or site when they run out of ideas or anything constructive to say

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Is there a mystery with dead Thai man?

I have to talk now from one of the most important key factor in all politics and war, and that is timing - once again - "it was like a gift from the gods" - for those who are driving aggressive agenda towards Palestinians.

First death in a year - Just now - same week when palestinians had their "day of rage", West Bank is closed, and police is placed to streets, Media coverage is granted with EU minister over there... and yes, there are many forces driving situation to further escalation.

And then it comes - Excuse for Israeli retaliations - A dead man.

He was not Israeli - but a Thai man... And no, rocket didnt hit him to pieces like we first obviously think, but he died later in hospital, that is by news reports. To his family is already granted full government financial support, it was also in news... Sounds strange?

No - I didnt say it.

There is only two choices - coincidence or not.

Just think about it.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by JanusFIN]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Agreed...

The anti-Islamic bent is quite evident on some threads here...There seems to be a core of posters, largely from the US, who continually post veiled and not so veiled anti-Islamic remarks on a regular basis...

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romans 10:9
I don't blame Israel for a swift retaliation.
Living in a constant state of rocket bombardment and suicide bombers will tend to keep a country at edge, and ready for swift counter attack.

Sorry my friend but this is the absolute wrong answer. I agree that it sucks that they are bombed constantly (by rockets that do very little damage actually). However, to respond so quickly and blindly is wrong. A mortar shell hits and damages (I say damage because they are rarely strong enough to destroy) a house and possibly injure/kill someone (not saying that's right either). Then they THINK they know where the shell originated from (in other words, A BIG GUESS) and they call in the BIG GUNS which do about 5 times the amount of damage each bomb than the mortar or rockets do. In a spot that MAY have been the origination point of the mortar/rocket.

Do you not see the wrongness of this response? Seriously.

It was kind of like a country going to war with another country because guys from yet another country flew, let's say, planes into their buildings. Now that would be retarded.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man
its ironic if one person doesnt like the views of others they will attack an entire group or site when they run out of ideas or anything constructive to say

Or attack a POSTER rather than attack the content of that persons' post...

There are a few examples of this on the most recent page or two of this thread and they have been made by one person only...This person has a long history of "playing the man and not the ball" on ATS, so its hardly surprising...

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The really unique thing, is that no matter what the opinion of all posters, Israel will do as she wishes, as will Hamas, and the palestinians, so with all the discussion as to what's right, and what's wrong, or who should do this or that, life goes on, and rockets fall, and planes attack, so what's the point???

It's as though all your post's do not seem to change anything, other than, who get's along with whom, in this format here, no one is solving anything, myself included.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I would like to add my thoughts on this. Some people will obviously hate
what I am writing, but too bad. And yes, I am basing my beliefs entirely on
what the Bible has written within. That same Bible that is called fairy tales
and myth by so many people.

Israel will NEVER be wiped off the map no matter what any country or
madman thinks. It truly is God's land and His people. Sure, the Jews will
take some large hits, but they will lick their wounds and go on. God will
never allow any country or groups of countries to destroy Israel in any
way, shape or form. If you don't believe this, that is alright. Just remember
in a few months or years or decades, however long it takes, what is
said in the Bible will come true. Israel is not going anywhere. Someone on
this thread suggested that all the Jews should move to Germany, France,
or somewhere in Europe. That also will never happen.

God will step in and save Israel and its people, no matter what happens.
Countries can drop all the bombs and rockets they want on that country
and the Jews will not go anywhere. Please don't attack me and call me
looney and dilusional, because you will be calling God those things. It
doesn't matter what you think of me, because in the end the believers and
followers of Biblical Scripture will be able to say, "we win".

I pray for Israel and its people regularly, and I will put my last dollar on
them. And I am a Christian and proud of it. I love Israel.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
so, let me get this straight. If Mexico were to shoot a rocket into Texas, y'all think the US would be better served doing nothing? Talking with the Mexican government about their first strike?

Israel is no innocent but they respond when provoked, as should anyone. Hamas is shooting rockets against an enemy that is far better equipped. They're morons. Would any of you walk up to Mike Tyson, in his prime, and try and sucker punch him? Would you expect him to ask you to discuss the problem or would you expect him to unleash a few jabs, possibly an uppercut?

I do recall an entire nation screaming for blood after 9/11. Nobody knew where to go but they knew they had to. If you get pushed, you push back, lest you wind up being pushed around.

Excellent point!

When speaking about Israel, people tend to use words like:

-- disproportionate response
-- investigate first
-- it was only a minor bomb that hit them....

What the heck is a proportionate response to being attacked? Repeatedly? For decades?

Further, if the general viewpoint is that Israel "overreacts" and "bombs anything that moves", why would any legit person or group continue to screw with them?

Crakeur made an excellent point above.

When 9/11 happened, the majority of Americans wanted nothing more than to have Bin Laden's head on a platter -- at any cost.

I don't recall hearing too many "perhaps we should investigate a little further and talk first" then. Nope -- we wanted blood for blood. We wanted him dead or alive.

When one chooses to mess with fire, one will generally get burned. Hamas should take note.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I hate to say this to anyone but, don't let the door hit you to hard on the way out. So, because I (a white veteran male of the U.S. Army and supporter of what this country was founded on) feel that Israel was WRONG in the way that they respond and continue to ignore what the rest of the world want, that I am now an Islamic Extremist? LOL ROFLMAO!

Bye! Won't miss your constant degrading of posts without substantial input to the OP anymore. Not really our loss.

See how it is when you continually poke at people who hold different views on life finally get sick of it?

I'm not anti-sematic at all. I have quite a few jewish friends. I housed a jew who had nowhere to go for over a year at my families own expense. So calling me anti-semite won't cut it.

So now I'm an Islamic Extremist when I don't even follow the Islamic faith. At least I understand it which I can honestly tell that you do not.

What few idiots that run Israel is doing is wrong. What the FEW idiots on the other side are doing is wrong. So let's just continue punishing all of the people that want to simply live their lives in peace. But maybe that is a bit extreme for you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join