It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Fighter Jets Pound Gaza Strip

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
so, let me get this straight. If Mexico were to shoot a rocket into Texas, y'all think the US would be better served doing nothing? Talking with the Mexican government about their first strike?

In this case, it seems the plane strike was to eliminate any evidence that it could be anything but Hamas or somebody from Gaza.

IDF take a stand to make sure everything that comes from Gaza it the fault of the entire people from Gaza.

Evidence... need justice, no?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Reply to post by Mdv2

Let me throw fireworks at your house. They are inherently less dangerous than Qassams.

Better hope I don't git a gas li e, something flammable, or perhaps you, your significant other, or your child in the face.

And everytime I do it, no matter the outcome, we will just talk about it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Texas is not Israel and Mexico is not the Gaza strip. There is no way you can seriously compare that. The situation in the middle east is very complicated and I don't think most westerners realise how it is to live there. On either side.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Retrovertigo

We have talk about threat of escalation in ME so long time, that we even cant see when its happening right now... If recent weeks have not been just that - what really is an true escalation?

And when driving situation to fast growing escalation, it needs will - political measures, and we cant accuse Israelis from not having those? This is planned agenda what we are witnessing here, not separated coincidences, like media wants us to see.

Coincidence - Yeah Right!

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Do you actually know how little damage these rocket attacks do?
reply to post by Mdv2

I beg to differ:

Its ok, its only an Israeli school....

Here is a little damage too.. But I guess we just have to put up with it huh?

Clearly no damage here either huh? Maybe we should just look the other way??

Some people on this site have no freakin clue!

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FreezeM

agreed but then you see responses such as these two:

Originally posted by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire
You know... Its kind of crazy how quickly they respond to attacks.

Have Israel really asked the RIGHT questions to justify dropping bombs already?

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
A good mature ethical state/country would first do an investigation, but Israel nope! No time.
Let's just go bombard whatever moves in that vicinity!
No need for investigations or any concept of justice

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
Israel is no innocent but they respond when provoked, as should anyone. Hamas is shooting rockets against an enemy that is far better equipped. They're morons. Would any of you walk up to Mike Tyson, in his prime, and try and sucker punch him? Would you expect him to ask you to discuss the problem or would you expect him to unleash a few jabs, possibly an uppercut?

yeap, and when the IRA which was funded by groups in the US, Libya and so on
bombed and killed british civilians we bombed their cities back to the stone age, not caring about if we killed Irish civilians

reply to post by Yissachar1

and compare that to the damage by Israel to the palestinians and even lebonease?

and taking into fact these hits and what the chances are for those hits, what was the time frame on those attacks?

[edit on 18-3-2010 by illusive man]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Fast escalation? - Damn right it is!

Assad: Mideast peace 'impossible' with Netanyahu

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad said Thursday that peace with Israel was "impossible" as the government headed by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was not a real partner for talks, French news agency AFP reported on Thursday,

"The establishment of peace in the Middle East is impossible because of the absence of an Israeli partner," Assad told reporters in Damascus.

www.haaretz.com...

- When there is no peace, there will be war.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Yes...

More now than in any time during the last few years there is a distinct smell of escalation in the air, in a big, big way I feel...

Coincidence ? I think not...As you say, the rhetoric coming out of Israel of late together with these happenings indeed suggest something big is on the make...

Edit to add - thank you for keeping the board up to date with what is actually happening in this region with the various media reports you have been posting

[edit on 18-3-2010 by Retrovertigo]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

It would be descent if you could possibly post what damage has been caused during the current attack from the Israeli jets and what armament was used. Was it munition guidance ? I guess that would be the case since the F16's only operate with guidance rather than carpet bombing since we must keep the civilian death toll under the 1k mark.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

In my opinion, the damage caused doesn't even matter. Its all about intent, and clearly, their intent is to kill Israeli civilians. So they use antiquated, ineffective equipment. It doesn't make it any less immoral in my eyes. They're still trying to kill innocent civilians. If they had the capability, there's no doubt in my mind that they'd use a more effective weapon.

This idea that there's a moral superiority to one side because they have less capability but no less intent to kill civilians is something I'll never understand.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
what is most despicable about Israels reaction is that it amounts to nothing short of collective punishment. When the Jews who rose up in the ghetto's of Warsaw, Poland, against their Nazi oppressors they were treated as the Palestinians who try to stand up to their oppressors.

How do you expect people to react when you cage them in and cut them off?

To sit there and take it nicely.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Still waiting official reports from latest Gaza attacks - but rhetoric in Israeli media gets louder every minute...

'Israel will defend itself from Gaza rockets, regardless of Goldstone'

www.haaretz.com...

In time of Cast Lead there was lots of information war going on - Israel can shut down all most every information channels in and out from Gaza. But I assume that PressTV has still their own commentators and network of people inside Gaza reporting, and its not first time that they get latest news first out from there.

But still there is no official news in Palestinian or Israeli media from strikes made or going. Everything is possible in these moments... Ground forces taking places next night, its possible - and strikes beginning at dawn, Hope not!

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
Fast escalation? - Damn right it is!

- When there is no peace, there will be war.

So basically he is getting a no confidence vote.
This could get bad, REALLY BAD.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Let me throw fireworks at your house. They are inherently less dangerous than Qassams.

Better hope I don't git a gas li e, something flammable, or perhaps you, your significant other, or your child in the face.

And everytime I do it, no matter the outcome, we will just talk about it.

Well, if fireworks were being thrown at my house, I would find out who was throwing them. If it were my neighbor's kid, I would ask my neighbor to punish the kid. If their punishment was ineffective, I would do what I could to get proof that the kid was doing it. Once I had proof I would take actions to protect my house from the fireworks and report the kid to the police.

I wouldn't react by detonating a 5 gallon drum of unleaded on their back porch.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Israel is retaliating for HAMAS firing rockets into Israel today, Cause and effect one Israeli was killed, by HAMAS, are you people to ignorant or stupid not to understand that Israel will fight back?

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Situation sure can heat out of the can... And now Palestinian officials are saying the same: There will be no peace talks!

No talks until Israel meets its obligations: Abbas

Ramallah/Jerusalem/Amman : Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman said Wednesday that the best way to achieve peace was through direct talks, which Israel was willing to begin immediately, but Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said the Jewish state first had to meet its obligations under international agreements.

www.thebusinessage.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by warisover
When is China or Iran or someone with morals going to wipe Israel off the map? soon isn't soon enough imo

You are goofy, Iran wouldnt dare attack Israel because they know it will be Mutual destruction. China doesnt want to tango with the US, EU and NATO....

And I think it is even Funnier that you would but China and Iran in the same sentence with Morals... This is why drugs are bad for you.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by belial259
They're only responding to an attack which was in response to something else. Which was in response to another action before that.

It's been going on for decades now. Forget wiping Israel off the map. Maybe we should just wipe the whole area off the map.

These conflicts are a threat to stability. I'm not willing to tolerate higher prices at home because of this. If the fighting ever has too much of an effect on the rest of the world I'm in full support of military action and sanctions against both sides.

How dare they fight each other in blatant disregard for everyone else. This behaviour is completely intolerable.

I have to agree with this!

Why should I be skint / broke and pay $10 per gallon (as of today) for Gas here in the UK because of instability in the Middle East causing silly Oil prices?

I filled my car up yesterday (a Honda CRV) and it cost me over £70! What's that in dollars, about $130 ish? It will do me for the week and then I will have to spend that again next week and the week after, what a joke!

Iran / Syria / Lebanon / Gaza Muppets and Israel, they're arguing like children!

Just get it over and done with so we can live a normal life in the rest of the World, I'm getting sick of it going on so long!

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

For your convenience you only quote me partly?

Let's put this in perspective:

Hezbollah abducts two Israeli soldiers, giving Israel the opportunity it was waiting for: taking out the Hezbollah treat. It greatly failed, but the result was as follows:

source

When Israel sealed off Gaza, rockets attacks sharply increased:

Yet, the number of Palestinians murdered greatly exceeds the number of Israelis killed by these rockets:

source

I never said or tried to talk away the fact that these rockets are a threat to Israel, nor have I claimed they do not cause damage. What I said, was that these rocket attacks can never be a justification for the mass killing retaliation of Israel on the Gazan people as a whole and the sovereign state of Lebanon.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by Mdv2]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join