It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds on Facebook

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Feds on Facebook

www.fox10tv.com

WASHINGTON (AP) - U.S. law enforcement agents are following the rest of the Internet world into popular social-networking services, going undercover with false online profiles to communicate with suspects and gather private information, according to an internal Justice Department document that offers a tantalizing glimpse of issues related to privacy and crime-fighting.

Think you know who's behind that "friend" request? Think again. Your new "friend" just might be the FBI.

The document, obtained in a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit, makes clear that U.S. agents are already loggin
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Whoa. Talk about feds nabbing suspects through Facebook.

Trust me, be careful who you make friends with online - make sure they're the ones you have personally met and are not active FBI agents not COINTELPRO informants.

Check the person who wants to be your 'friend' before you add him or her.

www.fox10tv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Thats why you dont accept invites from someone you dont already know.
Also put very limited info about yourself. And make surre you use strict setting so nobody but your friends can see your info.

Facebook is a great site. I used it to find all my old friends from the Marines,Highschool and others growing up. Just be careful using it.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Thats why you dont accept invites from someone you dont already know.
Also put very limited info about yourself. And make surre you use strict setting so nobody but your friends can see your info.

Facebook is a great site. I used it to find all my old friends from the Marines,Highschool and others growing up. Just be careful using it.

top topics

join