It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My UFO sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Just thought that I would post this. It happened to me a long time ago, probably 18 to 20 years ago, but I still remember it very vividly. I lived in a country setting at the bottom of a cultisac (??spelling). Anyway, my mother said I could invite my best friend over to stay the night. We had fun that day and went to sleep later in the evening. I had two twin beds in my room with a window in between them. My friend was in one and I the other. There were curtains on the window and the window faced the turnaround. Well, I'm not sure about the time but it was very late because my parents were sleeping and none of the neighbors were outside. I woke up by what I thought was sunlight peaking through my curtains. I opened my eyes and it was still night so I knew it could not be the sun. Keep in mind I was a little boy and probably would have been scared out of my mind at this point under normal circumstances, but I was very calm and under controll. I got on my hands and knees and peaked out from underneath the curtain only to get blinded by a series of very intense lights that were aligned horizontally around something that seemed to be sauser shaped. (Not really sure since the lights were so bright, but to the best of my knowledge the lights were at least in that pattern). The lights were probably about 15 ft. in the air judging by the height of the window to the ground outside and it would have been sitting or hovering almost in the center of the turnaround at the end of the street where I lived. I did not know what it was so I looked over to wake my friend only to see that he had been looking at it too. The strange thing about it was that we looked at each other and closed the curtain and simply went back to sleep. We never talked about it until about 5 to 7 years later. It wasn't that we had forgotten or were to scared to speak of it. We just never did. It was kind of strange.

Anyway, just wanted to get my experience out there. At this point, contrary to what the subject of this thread is, I'm not saying that it was a UFO, that is just the only explaination that I have for it as it stands.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
fascinating sighting
since the thing was only 15 feet from the ground, did you check for marks on the ground the following day?? like crop circle damage, burnt grass etc?

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
No, it was on pavement. The turnaround was blacktop. I didn't really notice anything unusual about the pavement after that, but then again I was just a little boy and really never looked very hard.

Thanks for the reply,
Kata.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 04:43 AM
link   
very interesting i remember a senario roughly the same from when i was a kid, alas i have no friend to call as a witness so i don't know if it is just my imagination or not

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 03:50 AM
link   
My sighting was a couple of years ago. I had noticed a little blinking light floating across the sky and paid it not much mind. Then another one followed, and another and another. So I grabbed my 8mm cam and started shooting them. I filmed about three dozen of these small pulsating multi-colored lights in the sky, when all of the sudden I turn and there is a huge glowing ball of light right above me. It hovered there in the air about seventy to a hundred feet in the air and then it made a quick turn and went behind a mountain where I could still see it hovering through the trees for a few more minutes. I sent the video to a man in Arizona who works as a aeronautical-engineer designing missiles and propulsion systems for the military and who is a retired Air Force Colonel, and he couldn't tell me what it was. I will never forget it, but luckily I filmed it.

Nutzo

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Very interesting.
Do you still have the film footage and have you tried to get opinions from others? Not pushing, but I don't suppose you would have a link to the footage. I would be interested in seeing it and I'm sure others would too.

Thanks for the post.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kata
Very interesting.
Do you still have the film footage and have you tried to get opinions from others? Not pushing, but I don't suppose you would have a link to the footage. I would be interested in seeing it and I'm sure others would too.

Thanks for the post.

I filmed it on 8mm. The entire shoot was over an hour long. I did have it in AVI format on my old computer but the quality wasn't very good. I used to have it posted on my site but I removed it after awhile for various reasons, webspace, paranoia, etc... I will see if I have any digital still on this computer and if I do I will post them to my ftp and then post a link.

You really have to see the video to get the full effect however. It was filmed at night and the stills look like the object could be anything. I tried to capture the other lights , the smaller pulsating lights , bt it was pretty hard to do, and when I could catch one on still it just looks like a colored pixel. I wish there was a better way to stream video on the web. I had thought about making copies of the tape and making it available to people who were interested, but that would be expensive. The stills however do look alot like numerous other UFO stills on the web. I will try to find them and post them, if I don't have them on here anymore I will have to capture them again from the 8mm.

Nutzo

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by nutzobalzo
I will try to find them and post them, if I don't have them on here anymore I will have to capture them again from the 8mm.
Nutzo

Yea, I would be interested in seeing this also.

NeedTruth

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Hopfully you can post them it would be good to see some pictures of what u saw.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I was just at the NUFORC website looking for sightings in my area. I found this interesting. This sighting was at a concert at the Iowa State football stadium. Several people supposedly witnessed the incident. The shape of the UFO sounds like the same as my experience with the lights on the top being white lights in a saucer shape and then the same phenomenon of not speaking about it right away. Interesting....

Then it tilted and revealed its top side, which had a solid white light ring around it. Then it flew away continuing in the direction it had been moving, rapidly accelerating until it was out of sight within a few seconds. I would estimate the speed to be greater than that of a conventional jet.

Several people in the seats around me also witnessed this and all believed it to be a UFO. Some of them borrowed my binoculars for a better look. Interestingly, immediately afterward, no one was willing to talk about it or acknowledge what they had just seen. The person I was at the show with also saw it but has been unwilling to discuss it since.

NUFORC Link

Has anyone else had experiences with this saucer shaped ufo and the strange phenomenon of not wishing to speak of it?

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by madwalrus911
Hopfully you can post them it would be good to see some pictures of what u saw.

I have a friend who just prchased an AV splitter for his computer. I may get one of these as well. Either way , I am in the process of getting the VHS converted to digital. As soon as I do, I will post some footage on my FTP and start a new thread.

Nutzo

new topics

top topics

join