It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman burns Rabbit Alive

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

What more do you want from the justice system I mean how can one actually know how to punish a person for torching an animal to death. For one they should have a law that justifies the attempting killing/torture of an animal that will sentence her to never be able to own an animal ever again.

Thats a start, then as for the £20,000 it could be £50,000 or £100,000 or £1,000,000 but in reality the justice system will look at what they can get out of her values from employment history/ earnings/ what she is worth etc and £20,000 sounds resonable.

If she was wealthy/ stinking rich the crown court could have demanded £500k but the best way to go about this in my opinion is lock her up in a mental intution with regular visits from doctor's studying what makes her mind tick, then have her name put onto the mental illness register, have her condemned from ever owning an animal and have her name publicised to the nation for how true evil she is in her mind.

That's just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
What really made me mad was the spot near the eye that looks like burning tears on the rabbit. Idiots like this woman make me beyond mad. IT also saddens me to see the world turning to this.

i saw that too...thats when i had to close the article, i couldnt look at that picture any longer. it made me sick to my stomach. and i know people in this thread are saying "oh its just a rabbit, they die all the time.." yea, but typically, if a rabbit is being killed...its for food. other animals will kill it for food, and humans kill them for food. thats not what was happening here. this was torture, and the woman needs to be dealt with accordingly.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
People who torture animals like this usually were the victims of some form of abuse themselves, and often this is the first step on the way to something bigger.
An example of this type of thing is Theodore Bundy. Ted's mom was a prostitute who beat him and also would physically abuse thier pet donkey as a way to threaten him and keep him under control. He was also beat and Ted only knows what else by his mothers many clients and boyfriends. This eventually lead to Ted catching neighboors cats and dogs and slowly torturing them to death, probably to get that feeling of control that his life was completely lacking. And for those of you living under a rock he eventually raped, killed, buried, dug up and had sex with the corpses of at least 26 (some say more like 80) women before frying in the electric chair.
I'd say this woman was possibly on her way to something bigger if she hadn't been stopped now. Hopefully she'll get whatever help she needs. I'll bet if any of you knew the true story of how she got messed up enough to do this you wouldn't be calling for her death or 3rd degree burning.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paradox.
We can slaughter cows and chickens but not rabbits? Know what, if she had a team of lawyers like other corperations this would of never seen the light of day.

Do you even know the procedures to slaughter's? For one its totally not acceptable to torture anything alive just for sick pleasure and fun. You only hunt what you are going to eat. A slaughter for that case is done quickly and pain free.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OverSword

yea, i agree with you. she's likely got a mental health issue and should be taken to an inpatient treatment centre. she needs mental assistance immediately. i dont think she should ever be allowed to possess an animal ever again, but i dont think that she should be put in jail for X number of years. thats probably not going to do much good for her. she needs to be put in a hospital for treatment. i'd guess she's sociopathic in some way.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
they should lock her in a cage, set her on fire and see how she likes people laughing at her. dumb bitch

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Hmm, I just read an article about women killing rabbits by twisting their necks the other day(what's interesting about those women is that they were all very unpleasant looking, which is a nice way to put it, or even "evil" looking(think 101 Dalmatians). What's even more interesting is that they were all Whites, which made me wonder whether "goodness" or "kind-heartedness" is a contributing factor to looks), and then they showed the insides of those rabbits and it was simply gut-wrenching. Rabbits and puppies, I just don't know how you can have the heart to harm these creatures.

I think I'll switch to being a full vegetarian now...

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
People talk about killing animals etc that its normal.

Well I'm not going to talk about the morals of killing animals. But I know this.

A good farmer, will treat all his animals full of respect, full of love, and give them the best life he can. Even if he will eventually kill them for food.
If your going to eat their bodies, at least give them the respect they deserve while they are still alive.

Torturing an animal for fun is on a whole new level. Anyone with common sesne knows its wrong.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by freebourn

This is how it starts. You let your heart commit acts like this freely, and your mind will believe its okay. Some people have no conscience.

What some object to is the attitude that this woman should also be burned and tortured.

That is how it starts.

An eye for an eye. Reactions that are way out of proportion.

Frankly, I find that more disturbing than the animal cruelty.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return
reply to post by freebourn

This is how it starts. You let your heart commit acts like this freely, and your mind will believe its okay. Some people have no conscience.

What some object to is the attitude that this woman should also be burned and tortured.

That is how it starts.

An eye for an eye. Reactions that are way out of proportion.

Frankly, I find that more disturbing than the animal cruelty.

Your right, It's too extreme. But I know the feeling, I think most don't actually mean to really burn her alive etc. They are just expressing their feelings.

All I know is what she has done is wrong. And having her face all over the media as an evil bitch, well that might be punishment enough. I really dont know what to do with people like her.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

Correct.
You can use that phrase to the reaction twards to woman who commited this act.
Today its just cussing, tomorrow its burning at the stake.
But she definitely should be punished for it. I never said execute her lol.

Im really against all this "eye for an eye" stuff.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by freebourn]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Rabbits die from sheer terror, they are prey to many other animals, including humans. In this case it was torture, plain and simple, and humans are good at that, we even have guidelines for torturing other humans ffs. Inflicting pain and terror on any creature is evil enough, and if this was a vindictive and motivated act, it's way beyond my understanding.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

So she was sick enough to light an animal on fire and then she enjoyed seeing it run around in terror and pain and she's only expected to get 6 monthes in prison and a 20,000 pound fine she will never be able to pay, so that fine will eventually be dropped.

Enjoying the suffering of an animal like this is a clear sign of someone with psychopathic tendencies. She will never be a productive part of society. Either lock her inside a prison for life or more appropriately lock her inside a mental institution for life.

I don't care where she goes as long as it's secure and she never sees freedom again.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by devilishlyangelic23

The other clue is look what she was doing right before she lit the rabbit up. She was burning her mothers boyfriends clothing and the rabbit belonged to her sister who was on vacation with the mother and boyfriend. I had a girlfriend who at first hinted around and then slowly related to me how her father molested her older sister. If that's not messed up enough then check this out. Eventually I was left with the impression that she was actually jealous of the attention her Father paid her sister and not her. It's not impossible that her moms significant other played sick little touchy feely games with her when she lived there (she was visiting when this all occured) and now that she lives elsewhere the guys attentions turned to the little sister. The rabbit may have been torched out of a sick jealousy.

disclaimer here, I'm not a shrink or a student to become one, so I could be a million miles off mark (LOL! Hell I don't believe that for a second!!:lol

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OverSword

You might be off, but your point was valid.

Who knows what state of mind this woman was in, maybe temporarily insane.

There is just no way she should pay the rest of her life, or with her life.

Like another poster pointed out, her picture in the media seems quite a punishment to me.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

And you fail to see the context of my reply to the poster that said that animals are never cruel.

I understand it perfectly. The poster is correct.

I pointed out that nature is actually very cruel, obviously.

Im trying to explain, its NOT.

Like you said animals have no such reasoning of suffering

I meant they cannot be aware of the suffering their natural behaviour causes, not that they dont suffer.

so how fair is it that the poster I responded to wants the woman to burn to?

Do you find that reasonable?

Do you have a problem with me objecting to that?

I didnt say it was fair or reasonable, nor do I have a problem with you objecting to that. Im simply pointing out that your beleif that animals are crueler than humans is a fallacy, because their is no such intent in the animal kingdom, as I have tried to explain to you.
You are anthropmorphising the hyena, with the human intent to be deliberately cruel, this is false. Do you understand now?

but people have become overly sensitive and emotional about animals, atrributing human emotions to them.

Exactly what your doing. Cruelty is a human desire.

Uhuh, tell that to a lion's cub that's being killed by a hyena.

"It's Ok! It's not cruel!It has no choice!"

Exactly. You still dont understand that cruel is a human concept that dose not apply to animals. The lion cubs death is violent, but not cruel, excepting in your subjective opinion, and Im assuming your human.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by wayaboveitall]

[edit on 18-3-2010 by wayaboveitall]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
edited..

[edit on 18-3-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by wayaboveitall

I understand it perfectly. The poster is correct.

No he's not, and you're not either.

To say that animals can't be cruel, or that nature isn't cruel, is closing your eyes for reality.

I think it's common knowledge that nature is cruel.

I meant they cannot be aware of the suffering their natural behaviour causes, not that they dont suffer.

Yes, they suffer, wich is cruel.

Btw, here is the real definition of cruel:

1. causing or inflicting pain without pity a cruel teacher
2. causing pain or suffering a cruel accident

You are the one that doesn't understand. You have a definition of cruelty that you made up yourself.

I didnt say it was fair or reasonable, nor do I have a problem with you objecting to that. Im simply pointing out that your beleif that animals are crueler than humans is a fallacy, because their is no such intent in the animal kingdom, as I have tried to explain to you. You are anthropmorphising the hyena, with the human intent to be deliberately cruel, this is false. Do you understand now?

BS, I'm just saying that animals are generally cruel, the intent has nothing to do with something being cruel or not.

Once again, your definiton of cruelty is made up.

Exactly. You still dont understand that cruel is a human concept that dose not apply to animals. The lion cubs death is violent, but not cruel, excepting in your subjective opinion, and Im assuming your human.

Once again the definiton of cruel:

1. causing or inflicting pain without pity a cruel teacher
2. causing pain or suffering a cruel accident

Can you grasp it now, or are you gonna stay in fantasy land?

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
cruelty definition cru·elty (-tē)

#)noun
willful infliction of physical pain or suffering upon a person or animal, or of mental distress upon a person

1) noun, deliberate infliction of pain or suffering

Note: "Willful", Not applicable to animals.
Note: deliberate, Not applicable to animals.

Cruelty is having reasoning and understanding of the suffering that will be caused and still choosing to do so.
Animals have no such reasoning.
Cruelty is not in violence, but in the deliberate use of it, being aware of it, and having chosen to inflict it, despite having the choice not to.
Animals have no such choice.

Cruelty is a human concept no matter which dictionary you get the definition from.

but people have become overly sensitive and emotional about animals, atrributing human emotions to them.

You are atrributing human emotions/concepts to them, the human intent to be willfully cruel, this is your fantasy.

Go ahead, google 'animal cruelty' and you'll find its all relating to human cruelty against animals. Show me a single example of an animal being willfully cruel and prove the animal is capable of human level rationale about it , is aware its behaviour is considered cruel by humans, and is choosing to do so explicitlyto be cruel, and ill conceed.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by wayaboveitall]

[edit on 19-3-2010 by wayaboveitall]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by wayaboveitall

Note: "Willful", Not applicable to animals.

So a hyena doesn't willfully kill the lion cub. Willfull, as in not by accident.

Please show me the definition of cruelty that says it's limited to only humans.

Cruelty is having reasoning and understanding of the suffering that will be caused and still choosing to do so.

Please show me the definition cruelty that says that.

You are still making up your own definitions.

You are atrributing human emotions/concepts to them, the human intent to be willfully cruel, this is your fantasy.

No, cruely is inflicting pain and suffering, no dictionairy says it's limited to humans that can grasp what they're doing, you're making it up.

Show me a single example of an animal being willfully cruel and prove the animal is capable of human level rationale about it , is aware its behaviour is considered cruel by humans, and is choosing to do so explicitlyto be cruel, and ill conceed.

I did, and I don't have to prove an animal is capable of human level rational, because it's not needed to be cruel.

According to the definition it's causing pain and suffering on purpose, wich is what animals do.

Ah, semantics.

How would you call a hyena killing a defenseless lion cub?

Nice? Sweet? Loving?

Cruel is a perfectly good word to describe it.

Edit to add; the discussion about semantics doesn't even matter. The poster I responded to was acting like animals are always nice, not inflicting pain and suffering.

That's clearly wrong. you have to agree with me on that, wether I use the word cruel or not.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by Point of No Return]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join