It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman burns Rabbit Alive

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

She prodded the terrified animal with a stick before throwing a burning piece of paper into its hutch and shutting the door.

When friends and family tried to intervene Barber swore at them and locked them inside the house.

Barber was then seen laughing and said: 'Look, the rabbit's running around on fire,' before eventually pouring water on the animal to put out the flames.

Source

As per the article it says: She could be jailed for up to six months, or face up to a £20,000 fine, when she is sentenced on Tuesday.

Is that all? Is it enough for the suffering caused to the helpless animal? What do you suggest should be done to her? Leave her alone? Let law take care of her? or do something about her? I believe an example should be made of such people which would deter anyone behaving in such manner.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by December_Rain]

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I think someone should trap her in a cage, squeeze some lighter fluid on her through the grill and set her on fire. I mean... it's only fair right!

F****** sub human B****!

IRM

link   
I saw this yesterday she deserves burt herself the useless scumbag that she is. Another example of broken Britain and the scum that prowl our streets.

link   
Sick *SNIP*

I don't understand this type of person but it, worryingly, seems to be becoming more common.

There is something wrong with someone who can do this kind of torture with no guilt. If she killed it to eat I would think differently but pure torture, and to laugh about it, indicates this woman at the very least is detached from humanity and at worst has severe mental problems.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by alien]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

6 months or 20 000 fine? how is that not enough? newsflash, its a rabbit.

unless you're the kind of person who loves living things so much you'd kill a sentient human for harming an animal

p.s. she did not do this because she thought "well the punishments for animal abuse arent bad"
she did it because shes crazy.

btw, i cant stand people who abuse animals, but to say that she needs to be killed/harmed is pathetic

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
What do you think should happen to her? Maybe the death penalty? Maybe she should be put in a cage and lit on fire?

Peace

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The disgusted knee jerker inside me says this woman should be locked in a closet and then this closet should be set alight while a lowlife audience outside pokes fun at her as she screams and scrabbles around inside.

However the humanist in me says this woman should simply be prosecuted to the fullest, named and shamed and forbidden from keeping any animals as pets for the rest of her life... What the heck was she thinking?

Disgrace, shame, hiss!

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I'm surprised one of her relatives isn't going to prison themselves for running out and killing the, uh, bee with an itch...

I dunno, I would have broken the door down to get to her.

but what do you do, I mean, is 20,000 or 6 months in jail gonna cut it?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Jimjolnir

There's the main point, anyone could have stopped her for crying out loud, and no there probably isn't a need for setting her on fire or killing her, but she would have had a serious slapping if I'd been present.

Some people just have no moral fibre whatsoever

I swear I'm starting to prefer animals to people

[edit on 18-3-2010 by ItsallCrazy]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
How about some waterboarding? It gets used for less...

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by james420

No animal is above another. That rabbits life is as important to it as ours is to us. It feels pain, fear, happiness and so forth. It doesn't matter that it was a rabbit. The principle is that it was an innocent life that clearly did nothing to deserve to be burned by this poor excuse for a human.

I have no sympathy for monsters like her... or those that would see fit to defend her. I hope the rest of her life is a misery.

IRM

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I'm not gonna comment on this thread, just ask one question.

How is this a conspiracy?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
I saw this yesterday she deserves burt herself the useless scumbag that she is. Another example of broken Britain and the scum that prowl our streets.

Everywhere is broken.

I myself am broken just by knowing about this, and here's why.

I was just sitting here, minding my own ATS business, having absolutely no desire to see a horrid woman suffer.

And now I do. So as a person who is not willing to be the same as this woman no matter what, I must exert emotional energy just in order to remain as I was before. How much?

It depends on how much horror, outrage, sympathy, and shame for the fact of belonging to the same species as she. And how much she deserves to suffer for hurting this poor animal. Believe me, it will be a person next time.
Torture and killing of animals is a well-known trait of many serial killers.

But for her to suffer, someone must make her, and that makes that someone and all who sanction it more like her than we should be willing to be.

Jail. Supervision. Court-mandated therapy, maybe forever. She will eventually give birth to a home-grown victim, and then what?

It's taking a lot of energy, okay? What about the rest of our day, folks? We are assuredly more bothered by it than the perpetrator. That kind of unfair burden sickens me almost as much as her initial offense.

Thank God the poor rabbit survived without worse injuries.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Tesla
I'm not gonna comment on this thread, just ask one question.

How is this a conspiracy?

Donno man, I posted it in fragile earth and it got moved here.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I have to say this, what was wrong with her stupid wimpy friends? They are allowing this unworthy person to call the shots because she cursed at them?

They could have taken her, and I wish they had. Were they at least the ones who called the police, I hope?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I hate people like this.

Sometimes they do get what's coming to them though. I once saw a kid hold a cat against his chest and touch its tail to an electric fence. The cat just got a little shock but the dumb kid probably lost a pint of blood after the cat went to down on him with 4 clawed feet :-)

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Disgusting but that is the intelligance of the average british person it seems these days. Personally i would just deport people like this from the country because we don't need or want them here.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
A lot of people who have psychiatric problems won't have them addressed until an incident like this happens. This is a very sick individual and I greive for the poor rabbit that suffered.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by james420

I think there should be a label attached to people who do things like this similar to having to register as a sex offender so that for the rest of her life if she ever applies for a job, credit or anything else what she did will be visible for all to see.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join