It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secrets of Dreams Unlocked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Ok so last night i went to sleep and while sleeping I had a dream.

It seemed very real, I could look around touch and so it seemed to be real to me at least in the dream.

In the dream somehow Shannon Doherty is that her name? the girl from that show. anyways she was in my dream and somehow ended up living at my parents house.

then later she called my on my cell while I was out shopping and I asked her out on thursday I said. She said yes which i was excited then I woke up and was like wtf was that about.

What I dont understand is why shannon doherty is in my dream isnt she like 40 now? thats really outside of my age range. Why did I choose thursday and what was I shopping for? When dreaming how come I never say hey its a dream this is fake? I fell asleep with the tv off so it wasnt from that but it is strange isnt it?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by tigpoppa
What I dont understand is why shannon doherty is in my dream isnt she like 40 now? thats really outside of my age range. Why did I choose thursday and what was I shopping for? When dreaming how come I never say hey its a dream this is fake? I fell asleep with the tv off so it wasnt from that but it is strange isnt it?

Firstly, I would change the headline of this thread as it is very misleading... It makes a would be blogger think there is an answer rather than a question.

secondly, dreams come from the subconscious mind, you think you are in control of your thoughts?? Think again...

All the best,

Korg,

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Your title is misleading.

No answers here i'm afraid.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
why would shannon doherty be in my subconscious mind?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I love dreams. They can be so much fun and yet so completely devastating also. They can leave you feeling wonderful,confused or afraid.

The thing is with dreams most of the time you have no clue why you dreamt what you dreamt. I have read alot of books in the past on dreams and the one idea i always come back to was from a edgar caycee book about dreams. The idea was to approach your dreams with the feeling of what does it mean to me. If exlporing the symbols of ones dream you get an AHA feeling about the meaning of a particular part of the dream then that probobly is what it means. Noone can truly interpret your dream symbols with a universal translator of symbolism becuase we all see things just a little bit differently. What a cow may mean to me may not mean the same to someone else. Say a guy in india may dream of cows and it may have some religious meaning while to me it just may be a hamburger that hasnt been cooked yet. Our dreams are our minds way of trying to communicate on a subconcious level to ourselves.

I have followed this idea over the years and found that it really does work. Noone can explain why you dream of shannon doherty only you can. Although you say she is out of your age range now was she old in the dream or younger from the show you have seen her on? Also keep in mind that the people we dream about often tend to be our minds way of presenting part of our own psyche. This person possibly represents something about your own personality. Also it could represent someone else in your life that shares something in common with the symbol in the dream ( shannon doherty) or at least how you see her. Why you asked her out and why you had her living at your parents house i dunno.

Another thought, did you see her face or did you just know it was her. Alot of times we say we dreamed of someone but when you truly think about it you never saw them or there face rather. You just knew it was them cause your mind said so. The funny thing about dreams is even though we claim there is so much detail the truth is there is very little detail in alot of dreams. The detail you claim is sort of second hand. You know it is there just because you know it. But if you later tried to recall the curves or lines of the face and the shape of the eyes etc you couldnt. Now this isnt to say never just most of the time. If you do get great detail and i mean you can describe the object or person with minute detail then you have to examine why. Why did my mind show me this? The fact that a person or symbol recieves so much attention in your dreams does mean something. Only you can truly know what.

SOmetimes dreams can be prophetci but often are not and when they are i have yet to discern there purpose since prophetic dreams tend to not be useful in any kind of way. I have had a few dreams i would classify as prophetic but useless in anyway. For example, i once dreamed recurringly over a weeks time about tornadoes. Now while that isnt necessarily profound the fact that i had never dreamed of them was and also 2 other key facts. There were always multiple tornadoes in the dreams and i was very afraid of them. It was as if the tornadoes were aware of me and coming after me. Alwasy a farm house in the dream and the scenario changed of course. Sometimes i was in the house, sometimes i was driving to the house or leaving it etc etc. This went on for a week. I had what i called fair detail in the dream. Just enought to identify that i was in a white farm house, yet nothing special about it and there was open fields all around me hence why i knew it was in a rural setting. Not that there was farm equipment everywhere. This is an example of how i just "knew" it was what it was without real details telling me this. Now the odd thing about all this was the dream climaxed one last night after 4 nights of same dream with a really emotional dream. The next day i see a story on the news i think from oklahoma about a series of tornadoes touching down and wow wouldnt ya know it. It looked just like my dream. The fotge was of 3 or 4 small tornadoes touching down at the same time in a small rural area with a white farm house centered in between all of them. Prophetic? Maybe, who knows and who cares if it didnt do anything for anyone.
However i did do alot of thinking about this dream and i came up with one thing. I finally realized that although i may have seen something from the future that wasnt the purpose becuase the dream had a very real emotional connection to me. I realized it was my minds way of dealing with some real issues i was having at the time with my family. The feeling of out of control people in my life and all the turmoil like a whilwind around me. I was trapped in the middle and trying to get away from all the anger and violence in my life. So unless a prophetic dream can serve some purpose i chock it up to coincidence.

Good luck with your drem interpretations and happy dreaming my friend

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

why would shannon doherty be in my subconscious mind?

Why would you call this thread Secrets of Dreams unlocked if you don't have a clue yourself??

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
it might be her name typed on the keyboard that has a hidden meaning for you........ the last 4 letters are all in a row E-R-T-Y

or it may be that you are among the ~174,665 that viewed this clip;
www.youtube.com/watch?v=h28efqqrhsM

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
hmmmm shannon doherty in my dream was younger. im pretty sure it was her. i know her face was messed up like a disease when she moved in with m parents. somehow she didnt have a place to live due to some kind of catastrophe. Well im not sure what happened that part wasnt specific.

Whats weird is in my dream I had some idea that what she said was true or some reason to believe it. I didnt question what the catastraophe was. how is it in my dream its as if my brain can not only contruct this alternative reality but an entire of mix of underlying thoughts that create a new universe so to speak?

shannon doherty was there when I saw her at my aprents house she was sitting on our couch. then I left and went out shopping not thinking mucch of it besides she didnt have anywhere else to go.

well i never watched any of her shows and cant think of why i know her name outside of being a household name I cant think of why she would be in my subconscious mind or as stated what she would represent.

hmm well now im keying into there being some disaster out there but it didnt happen to me it happened to her so i wonder what that could mean. or what other things i could try to key in on to make use of the information

also i never saw that clip, so it wouldnt be that.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by tigpoppa]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
As far as you never watching her shows and how she got in your subconcious again i will state that yourmind may be creating this image if her because something about her, maybe her hair or eyes or who knows what is a subconcious symbol for someone else in your life. Also how she got in your brain is easy. You have seen her somewhere. Even if for 2 seconds in the checkout line at the grocery store and glanced ats ome magazine cover.
What i would focus on in the dream isnt the person unless its the person whol plays the most central and emotional role in the dream. What really stands out in this dream to you. How does the dream leave you feeling and what part of it exactly gives you the most "feeling" regardless of what the feeling is, because thats what your mind is really trying to focus on.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
well the part that gave me the most feeling was the building of anticipation towards ask her out. well that is the emotional part at least. the again isnt that always a nervous part for people though i was happy when she said yes and I told her. not sure how to translate that to any current events in my life though. ill need to think about this

could be the phone call
or could be the catastrophe she came from but i didnt care much about that in my dream at least it didnt stand out much emotionally.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
first, please learn to speak. secondly, understand what you are saying. the title lead me to believe you do not understand the meaning of words. your post tells me you do not know how to communicate.

this can't be off topic because this post is the opposite of the title.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Have you never heard of Lucid Dreaming?
With time and practice you can take complete control of your dream state, do whatever you wish, fly to the moon, go on a date with Jennifer Lopez, or be a rockstar up on stage. The subconcious mind is great at making these feel completely real, using past experiences as a basis for what you are feeling.
I have been an avid lucid dreamer for over 10 years, having them on a nightly basis. I can tell you this for sure... You never know who is going to pop into your dreams.. even with "total control" you still have Dream figures, reocurring characters, and random visits.
Hell, I had a dream with Chris Henry in it (football player for the cincinnati Bengals) when I had never seen his face, only heard his name.
I found out the next day he didn't look like the real chris henry, but i completely believed it. I've also had dreams where my brother was Orlando Bloom, fully believed it until I woke up.. You never know who your characters may end up being. Sometimes you just have to go along with it

If you don't know about Lucid Dreaming, or would like to learn, I suggest going to Lucidipedia

Good luck!

[edit on 19-3-2010 by Dank513]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
"why would shannon doherty be in my subconscious mind? "

Please dont ask stupid questions... why do you think any of us could answer that for you? We aren't you

Why do I have the feeling you are 10...

[edit on 19-3-2010 by Dank513]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

well the part that gave me the most feeling was the building of anticipation towards ask her out. well that is the emotional part at least. the again isnt that always a nervous part for people though i was happy when she said yes and I told her. not sure how to translate that to any current events in my life though. ill need to think about this

could be the phone call
or could be the catastrophe she came from but i didnt care much about that in my dream at least it didnt stand out much emotionally.

not a SINGLE word from that post makes a lick of sense.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Dank513

Im checking out the link on lucid dreaming now. Thinking about the presence of shannon doherty, i think things go deeper then what meets what the eye in this dream.

perhaps as I was thinking its not her who is the focus but as fizzy said its what her appearance may have brought about. Perhaps because I see so many people in life she symbolizes that a change of pace is needed and a focus on one person would be more beneficial.

Maybe that is pulling at straws but it sure seems to make alot more sense. Now I have never had a dream where I was a king or a frog, but either one would have different ideas attached to what that means and where the ideas manifest themselves.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I didn't understand anything you just said. A king or frog? shannon doherty means you should focus on one person? I think you are delving way too far in to what seems to be a very normal dream.

[edit on 20-3-2010 by Dank513]

top topics

join