It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what we are fighting for?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
A while back I posted a topic regarding the President George Bush, and the book he was reading on Sept. 11th. In that post I spoke of how the war in Iraq was about Oil. Many people disagreed with me. You know the typical jokesters, So I continued on, reading other post and filling myself with information.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then I posted a topic reagrding Halliburton. I mainly spoke of how they are employing many people in Iraq and Kuwait, and how they rec'v many gov't contracts, the majority of which they over charge the gov't for. I also made mention of how Ironic it was (to me) that Dick Cheney was a former executive of this company. And how many people in positions of power, especially in politics and business are "associates" in some shape form or fashion.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That thread went unnoticed, so again I continued to read and gain more information.

Well the time has come for me to bring your attention once again to an informative article. It explains in great terms what the war is all about. How Isreal fits into the whole situation. How Asia fits into the whole situation, and how the building blocks are being laid strategically to build a new super power

The article states "Who ever controls these reserves in essence will control the world economy" This article will open your eyes if nothing else does. Or at least it has for me, and I feel my eyes are wide open.

I hope you enjoy, and I look forward to your thoughts.

www.atimes.com...

Also you may want to read this article as well.

www.atimes.com...

All those who feel oil is the objective to this warsay I.

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by Freeworld_Esq.]

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by Freeworld_Esq.]

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The fact that the USA is hoping to cease its dependency on Saudi Arabia for oil. The best way to do this is of course go for another big oil country (Iraq) and take control of their oil supplies. The problem is the US planned the war badly and it doesnt look like their getting the Iraqi oil for a little while. So George Bushes stupidity pissess of the motorists around the world, and causes oil prices to exceed US$40/barrel, and continues to piss off more and more oil producing nations. I miss the days when i paid AUD$0.85/litre for fuel instead of AUD$1.07... thats more than 20c/litre extra i'm paying coz some president with no idea of how to run a country decides he wants to help out the companies run by people he's probably #ing up the ass

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Special here in the Us the gas has reached $5.00 A gallon!

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
You're on to something son.

Run with it.

Stamp out stupidity. Give ignorance no quarter.
It's the only salvation for logic, critial thought, and liberty.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Well, let's look at this realistically.

We went into Iraq to get rid of Hussein, and to disrupt terror links there. We were successful.

We did not steal the natural resources from the Iraqi people, and we are leaving them better off than they were under Hussein.

Their own government has now taken control, and the U.S. forces are projected to leave in 2 years. In the meantime, the nation was not raped and pillaged, as many people swore it would be.

As far as Halliburton, we sure are picky about who gets contracts, aren't we? And no matter who had gotten the contract, conspiracies would have been created around them; unless of course, it was a French or German company. Then everyone (anti-Bush's and anti-Republicans) would have been happy. The fact that Halliburton even tried to explain to the government how to save money seemed to have gone unnoticed by many. Of course, the government was uninterested.

Another interesting thing is that we have many capped holes in Texas and Oklahoma, not to mention the large pool of oil in Alaska that the eco-nuts scream anytime it is mentioned. We aren't even using all of our resources. This makes me wonder if there isn't a method behind the madness of using other people's oil.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I have to agree with Thomas Crowne.

I don't believe we went into Iraq for Oil. Of course, there are always "spoils of war" and if Coalition Countries could take advantage of specialized oil prices from the new Iraqi government, I think that would be great. You know what though? We aren't forcing their government to give discounts on barrels of oil. We are still paying the $42 (as time of writing) per barrel and we bow to the OPEC cartel.

@Warhappy
$5 is a bit excessive. Here in California, some of the highest gas prices in the country, I have seen $2.96. Now, let me say that the price just stated was for Full Service. Not many places run Full Service Gas Stations anymore, but talk about news agencies trying to "inflate" the price. If you live in Malibu though, you can afford a Full Service run through.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

We went into Iraq to get rid of Hussein, and to disrupt terror links there. We were successful.

Just hate being a pain in the ass but............... NOPE............

We went to Iraq to get rid of the threat to the USA from the WMD.
WE did not disrupt the terror links because there were none; but we made Iraq the destination for the travel plans of half of Islam (Don't forget to pack your AK-47 - ammo will be provided)

So we were a miserable failure Tom. (Have you not been paying attention to things lately? You're a bit behind the times on your facts!)

I know I'm just a nitpicker about those pesky little details and I am sorry.

But find some solace in this thought.........you only have to deal with it for a few seconds........... for me its a 24/7 52 forever deal.

So remember. Have some compassion for those trouble souls that are pains in your ass.

Have a real nice day................

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by gmcnulty]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Ok.

Al Queda membership has grown exponentially, an now, for the first time, have a home in Iraq, thanks to us.

Water, electricity, and other basic facets of a country's infrastructure are nowhere near pre-invasion levels.

Whenever the Iraqis try to have a voice in how they are governed, thier effforts for democracy are squashed. The US has shut-down newspapers denied any kind of democracy and freedom to develop. Why not hold free elections? One man, one vote? Why deny Iraqis the same rights we now enoy?

I was there. I saw tons of pillaging. Any thing of value, we take.

Cheney still received money from Halliburton while he was vice-president of the United States. Before he was vice-president, he ran Halliburton. Why can't the Iraqis run thier own power and water and other services. They had jobs before US contractors stole them.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
TC

Ok yes you got Saddam and thats the only good thing the war has accomplished. As for disrupting terror links, theres no evidence there were any in the first place, in fact the war is probably creating more terrorists every day, and also causing many terrorists to flock to the country to fight the 'infidels'. You forgot to mention the main reason for going to war... Disarm the WMD's, funny how you forgot to mention the dirty 'W' word. But i suppose since the WMD's were imaginary, imagining the US getting rid of them could constitute as success...

As for raping the country, no you didnt rape the country, but there are reports soldiers raped women... not to mention the reports of theft and murder... what else have i forgotten... oh yeah the prisoner abuse thing... and the fact that many were thrown into jail for nothing more than disliking the invaders.

Their government are nothing more than puppets for the US, just like in afghanistan, and over time they will weaken when the US withdraws suport and backstabs them...

Warhappy

That nice... how many gallons to a litre?

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Just wondering if you guys remember this happening in the past couple weeks, but possibly not.

www.foxnews.com...

It also appears some top Pentagon officials were surprised by the sarin news; they thought the matter was classified, administration officials told Fox News

www.cnn.com...

Now remember, all these shells were accounted for and "destoyed," yet where was this one? I bet you we will see more of these in the near future.

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by WarBUCKs]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Here's an idea.

Why don't you all, democrats republicans, hippies, Nazis, red necks the lot of you just stop driving gas guzzling cars everywhere, Throw your support behind improving the public transport system, limit the number of cars per house hold to 1 and bingo.

No more bowing to the oil cartel's, no more worrying about how expensive gas prices are, no more blathering about attacking countries for their oil reserves because there would be no point, no more worrying about global warming because it would be by far the biggest step towards a green planet any country had ever accomplished, hell you could even worry a little less about car bombs because they'd be easier to spot.

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by Simon]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
It seems the PTB were successful. Successful in fooling millions of people. Did any one take the time to read the articles that I provided links for? Did anyone see in MAY 2001, Vice President Dick Cheney' National Energy Policy Development Group recomendatio to the president to "make energy security priority of our trade and foreign policy"

It goes on to say that the idea isn't new. In fact Bill Clinton administration was responsible for bringing Halliburton and Cheney to the region. One of Clinton's advisors, Richard Mornigstars was behind that idea. Ironically Morningstar is Kerry's point man right now.

The article goes on to make a strong statement. "When it comes to oil, partisan politics stop at the US coastline. And if it is about oil, it's about the Middle East. " I say this to say to you all today, Republican V. Democrat is a game. It's a ploy to further devide and conquer the American People. You see TC, thinks it matter's who's party you support. When I venture to speculate, that either party has the same agenda.

This short blurb will explain the oil crisis and why reserves are so important. "With US consumption projected to increase a third over the next 20 years - two-thirds of which will be imported by 2020 - the name of the game is reserves. The bulk of those reserves lie in the Middle East. Among Saudi Arabia, Iraq, the United Arab Emirates and Kuwait, the Persian Gulf states control 65 percent of the world's reserves, or close to 600 billion barrels. In comparison, the US reserves are a little under 23 billion. "

The region we are so interested in at the present has 65% of the worlds reserves. Meaning, once production starts to decline, we will be at the mercy of those with the largest supply. Not to mention, that those who have the largest supply, essential could determine which nations continue to dominate, or which new players shall emerge.

So yes this war has been a success, on both fronts. the PTB has infiltrated the Mid-Eastern oil infrastucture, and did so in a way that makes them seem like heroes at home. The nation supports the war, or at least they did the last time I checked the polls. But how many American no the real story? Not many, the real story takes place in the dark.

The only light we have, is that provided by the media, which is dim at best. Since the war terrorism has not stopped. WMD's have not been found. Sadaam is resting somewhere, and we don't even know what's going on with him. The supposed major reason behind this war. Why? That info. is classified, need to know basis only. And WE the american people, don't need to know. All we need to know is that we are winning. Casualty rate increases daily, but we are winning.

America, turn your lights on!

It's not like we went to Iraq with tankers ready to steal oil all day in night. It's about the control of that oil. Who get's what, and at what price, and when. Everything else is just elaborate scenery for this epic drama we are watching unfold.

Did some digging, here are two more links that will give you a historical view of how this thing hasbeen planned for years. I learned a few things reading this article, I am sure you all will as well. If you want to be a politician, go work in the oil industry. They will find a spot for you.

atimes.com...

www.atimes.com...

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by Freeworld_Esq.]

rus

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Yes america turn your lights on and open your eyes. The rest of the world knew all this long before war began (remember the mass demonstrations oround the world). How come u didn't? Listening only to your own media could misslead you (specialy if u live in us or north korea or saudi-arabia or ...). But people in north korea or saudi-arabia don't have a choice. People in america have a choice, but they think evrything not made in america is worhless. That's caled ultra-nacionalizm or fashism. Like it or not. So don't blame terrorists for your fashist stands. Terrorism is not a movement. It's a method of fighting. Don't blame it on your presidents....if you remember u live in democracy. You woted for them (and supported them). Blame it on your self!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Some people voted for him. Mr. Baker stole it for him.... Whew.

I really can't speak on this, I never voted n my life. I walways say, I'm not voting until my MOM is on the ballot.

Seriously, for many their votes were never even counted. What's worse than not having the ability to vote? Having the ability to vote, andnot knowing if your vote was counted. Correctly.

It's like buying diamonds from DeBeers. Put your money on a box, and hope you get something good. Put your vote in the box, and hope you get something good. See!

Oh, By the way I love my country. I just don't like the things our country do!
(just in case I'm getting hot)!!

P.S. I thought this thread would get some discussion started. I'm going to continue my self studies, hope you do the same. Oh, read. Don't let the T.V instruct you!

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by Freeworld_Esq.]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Thats a problem freeWorld. VOTE!!, People say it doesnt matter but it does, IF the election was stolen, it was only by a small margin. If a large margin on Non Voters ( who in my opinion would be mostly democrat) would get of there lazy Bong water soaked @sses, there would be no way they could have. (not saying you have a bong soaked water @ss =) )

But truth be know, if all people who b!tched voted. Gore woulda won, and instead of oil perhaps an alternative resource would be found, which is truly the ONLY WAY that we will not bow to opec. New Cars, running on renewable resources found in our country.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
I was there. I saw tons of pillaging. Any thing of value, we take.

Explain this. I can only assume you are talking about the Army, so I'd like to know what exactly you saw.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Didn't you see where the article mentioned it was CLinton who first pulled Halliburton and Cheney into the Caspian region. The start of the ne pipline and such. Democrat, setting the groundwork for the next administration, which happened to have been Republican. It doesn't matter. Vote for who like. Where given chosen choices when we vote. This or That, majority rule.
If you like this guy, you get his style of trickery, if you like that guy who get his style of trickery. Pick your poison.

I see where you are coming from. Maybe I should vote. I thought about it once, but I just couldn't do it. Besides everyone knows as soon as you register, you will get called for Jury Duty !

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
If not Saddam could destroy the whole world!! He was spreading his pest slightly trough Iraq if we didn’t take action soon enough it would be Extreme worse in a couple of years. That would lead to a Much Bigger war. That would drag into a new world war with much more pain in the ass Biological/Chemical weapons, and much worse. When people where demonstrating in other countries there was people dying down there and the *Domino brick stupidity* of people grown. In other words, falling together with stupid solutions.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeworld_Esq.
This or That, majority rule.
If you like this guy, you get his style of trickery, if you like that guy who get his style of trickery. Pick your poison.

I see where you are coming from. Maybe I should vote. I thought about it once, but I just couldn't do it. Besides everyone knows as soon as you register, you will get called for Jury Duty !

Oh I here ya, Especially this election, I personaly think Gore and Clinton were on different pages. But who the heck knows. Just gotta hope someone is smart enough to do something for the people for once. (alternative to Oil) and as frustrating as it is to know they could and wont because of money. I still have to fight the only way I know how. Research, Vote etc. I cant stop until its time to pick up a gun in the cause of corporate revolution and take back our country. (the latter I'm sure will never happen in any kind of way like our first revolution.)

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   

No we did NOT go into this war to overthrow Hussein.....we went into this war because for some reason, we thought he had WMD.

Their own government has now taken control, and the U.S. forces are projected to leave in 2 years.

As far as I knew, it hasn't turned June 30th yet? Did I sleep for a whole month? Their own government has not taken control of crap. THE WAR IS STILL GOING ON!!!!!!

TC...you are sooo disalusioned (sp?)in everything you say. I think you need to get out of Tennessee more often.

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by MacMerdin]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join