It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Blair: Corporate Interfaith Network Launching in US and Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Tony Blair is preparing to launch a "faith offensive" across the United States over the next year, after building up relationships with a network of influential religious leaders and faith organisations.

According to the annual accounts of the Tony Blair Faith Foundation, a UK-based charity that promotes cohesion between the major faiths, the foundation is to develop a US arm that will pursue a host of faith-based projects.

Also on the council is David Coffey, president of the Baptist World Alliance (BWA), a Virginia-based network of churches that spans the globe and is particularly active in the US.

Another initiative has been to team up with the Belinda Stronach Foundation in Toronto. Unknown in the UK, Stronach, daughter of a Canadian billionaire, is hugely influential in Canada where as a philanthropist, businesswoman and former politician she has served in both the Conservative and Liberal parties

www.guardian.co.uk...

I suppose Tony Blair's evangelism will fit right in. Don't you?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

I suppose Tony Blair's evangelism will fit right in. Don't you?

Tony, jumped into bed With the Pope. He's a Roman Catholic now. He changed over from being a Protestant, after he left office as prime minister. His wife Cherie Blair, was already a roman catholic. It was big news in the UK, at the time..

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mackey1224uk

Tony, jumped into bed With the Pope. He's a Roman Catholic now. He changed over from being a Protestant, after he left office as prime minister. His wife Cherie Blair, was already a roman catholic. It was big news in the UK, at the time..

I think "Interfaith" is designed to whitewash all denominational segregation. He has a lot of projects designed to be eased into educational and social programs.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
For a man who claims to be a devout religious believer, he sure has a lot of blood on his hands. As for being the Middle East peace envoy, well, I think we can all draw our own conclusions on that one. I dont like to use the word hate , but feel its justified in saying I hate Tony Blair

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Oh how great for you guys
. I was about 5 foot away from this mug when i went to see him give evidence at the Chilcot Inquiry. All he cares about is money, and will use his so called faith to aquire it.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I personally am an avowed Agnostic and believe organised religion to be the bane of mankind.

However, I think it is fair to point out that since we have seen the decline in influence the Christian faith has had upon European and North American everyday life we have seen a decline in many aspects of our everyday life.

For too long Christianity has placed restraints upon certain aspects of our life but it also provided a solid base for the family unit and offered a sense of right and wrong.
Sadly these are in decline at present.

In addition Christianity is under attack, (not physically), from the advancement of Islamic fundamentalism.

With these in mind I can understand Bliar's attempt at trying to bring the different Christian denominations together.

Unfortunately he is a lying, deceiving, murdering bastard who should be hung for treason and as such has no credibility whatsoever.

[edit on 18/3/10 by Freeborn]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
If I believed the "man" had any form of conscience I would say that he became catholic and got into all this "faith" stuff in order to somehow clean the blood and guilt from his murderous hands.

Thing is,I do not believe he has any form of conscience,so I will go along with the idea that he is doing this puley for money,power and attention.

What a completley shameful individual he is. (IMO)

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Phony Blair is a charlatan and is doing Diablo's work,

He cares not about people, it's all about himself and who ever is holding his lead since George Bush let it go!

He's a paraih to humanity, his paws are drenched in blood of 100s of 1000's innocents and should be up infront on the war crimes panel for mass genocide and hung by his tail. He has no interest in serving the great american people and us Brits don't want the slavering insidous warmongering back stabbing amoeba back either,
He and Gordon "Paedophile" Brown will get a big dose of KARMA......

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Blair can keep his bible thumpin' out of my Country whether teamed up with billionaire Belinda or not.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea
More from same post:

www.guardian.co.uk...
With Afghanistan and Iraq casting a shadow over his popularity at home in Britain, Blair's focus has increasingly shifted across the Atlantic, to where the nexus of faith and power is immutable and he is feted like a rock star
he foundation's advisory council of religious leaders includes Rick Warren, powerful founder of the California-based Saddleback church. It attracts congregations of nearly 20,000 and is reportedly one of the largest in the US. Warren, who has addressed the UN and the World Economic Forum in Davos, has been named one of the "15 world leaders who matter most" and one of the "100 most influential people in the world".

Good ol' US, where faith and power are immutable. Rick Warren, associated with the 'Kill the Gays Bill' in Uganda.

I looked at Blair Foundation web site. Current advertised campaign against Malaria. Here's the deal, money talks, money controls. It's the taking of what is legitimate roll of government, "...promote the general welfare..." and putting it into religion based hands.

Let me compare another piece of legitimate government roll. "...provide for the common defense..." The US taxpayers have been paying for religious based mercenary outfits like:

www.nndb.com...
Erik Prince is a multi-millionaire fundamentalist Christian, who co-founded the security and mercenary firm Blackwater Worldwide in 1997 with Gary Jackson, a former Navy SEAL.

Prince's outfit made great inroads into DOD, CIA, and who knows what all, primarily because of being such a born again Christian. He fit in so well in the CIA prayer breakfasts, and Pentagon prayer meetings, contracts for billions rolled his way. Taxpayer money. Privitizasion of military and intelligence religion control.

Bush's faith based initiative to take tax payer money and put it in the hands of religion. Where does this lead?

Want intelligence work? Go to religion. Want defense? Go to religion. Hungry? Go to religion. Want Malaria cured? Go to religion. Religion's got it all. Forget secular medical foundations. Forget secular education. Forget secular food distribution. Un-fund, starve anything not backed by powerful religious groups. Eventually, those billionaire foundation running people will be the providers of everything. No human need will be met without their say so.

This is where it's headed. Oppose this crap. Why should you go to a priest to get bread? Why go to a priest to get a medical prescription? Why go to a priest to hire an armed body guard? Why go to a priest to wage war?

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by pthena

Want intelligence work? Go to religion. Want defense? Go to religion. Hungry? Go to religion. Want Malaria cured? Go to religion. Religion's got it all. Forget secular medical foundations. Forget secular education. Forget secular food distribution. Un-fund, starve anything not backed by powerful religious groups. Eventually, those billionaire foundation running people will be the providers of everything. No human need will be met without their say so.

This is where it's headed. Oppose this crap. Why should you go to a priest to get bread? Why go to a priest to get a medical prescription? Why go to a priest to hire an armed body guard? Why go to a priest to wage war?

This is the name of the game and you have it down pat. This is the future and you are seeing it very clearly. Their intent is to strip us all and make us destitute and dependant on religious charities. This is exactly what is happening and they are throwing out as many diversions as they can to try to keep people from seeing what is really happening behind the scenes.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea
I crammed a bit on history. There's always a fight between kingly rulers, emperors, kings, presidents and the priestly rulers, high priests, popes, bishops. The prize is to be the 'go to guy' the god like provider.

Blair's got the narcissistic tendency. His ego feeding super stardom backed by big money will strip every good NGO or charitable work of available funding that doesn't fit 'the appropriate model'.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Jesus now Blair has found god ...probably through Geoge bush.

I wonder if he consulted him before sending British boys to war like George talked to him before invading Iraq...

Its all starting to slip into place.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

now Blair has found god ...probably through Geoge bush.

I wonder if he consulted him before sending British boys to war like George talked to him before invading Iraq...

Its all starting to slip into place.

You are more correct than you know. I had a feeling, during Blair's first official speech to joint session of US Congress, and the way the Americans adored him, that there could be problems. In British system, Prime Minister is not much better than say Speaker of the House is in US. Britain has MPs Ministers of Parliament. PM is just Prime Minister.

If you've followed how Blair has actually been called on the carpet for his actions, and contrast how US officials 'get a pass' and never have to answer for their crimes, it's quite logical to assume he'd rather be in America. Not to mention, Roman Catholics have much more political clout in the US than Anglicans.

It's a very clear indication of the broken nature of the US system, that with the 'proper' religious, corporate, and political party affiliation, the bigger the crime, the less likely the prosecution.

join