It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing analysis of Kubrick's film "Eyes Wide Shut"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: iNobody
a reply to: Bluesma

Dr. Bill. Lol, made me think of Bill Cosby. That pervert is being exposed, so will anyone hiding dark secrets. Secret socieites cannot maintain their shroud forever. For everything, everything, is exposed, brought to the light. Some things sooner than others.

Excellent comparision!
Personally, I do not buy the whole scandal yet.

I have seen, and been, a woman overcome by her draw to someone so much that the conscious will get lost in the dust.
The next few days wondering what the hell came over me??? Why did I give in to him? He did what to bewitch me that way?
Bought me dinner? Spent some time listening to my babble? Pulled my chair out for me?
But many men have done all that and more I didn't fall!

Instead of recognizing- he was famous, he was rich, he was known for his incredible intellect, or humor, or power of one sort or another, and I flew into it mindlessly as a moth to a flame.... primal instinct completely drowning out my own goals and intents....

He must have drugged me. Yeah, that's it. That's the ticket.....

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   

All those practicing immoral sex will be shunned, and not permitted to enter, so says Jehovah God.

You may please yourself with a long speech.

Actually it makes me wretch, and even repudiate things in my own mind. Thank you.
edit on 27-1-2015 by iNobody because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma Even by divine standards only 2 or 3 witnesses were enough to prove guilt. By Godly laws he would be found guilty.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: iNobody

All those practicing immoral sex will be shunned, and not permitted to enter, so says Jehovah God.

You may please yourself with a long speech.

Actually it makes me wretch, and even repudiate things in my own mind. Thank you.

Oh... I didn't realize you were a religious fan. There's no reason to have any exchange with you then. We are not functioning within the same reality perception.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Only of the healthful words of truth.

And indeed.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Cosby spoke out publicly against the NAACP, then a couple weeks later, a bunch of women started accusing him of "crimes" committed - waaaaay after the statute of limitations. He won't go to trial so they won't have to commit purgery, but when you Google his name, good luck finding his statements about actually uplifting black youth.
And there's your scandal.

edit on 30-1-2015 by KAOStheory because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2015 by KAOStheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I am still studying the movie and can say this is one of the most serious archetypal movies ever created. What I noticed from the start was the opening, the shot of the Lady in red between the two pillars. The duality scene with a perceived "Innocent" woman flanked by four pillars. Those pillars represent the inner psyche.

At some point, Tom Cruise is introduced as the abandoned child which causes him to "seek out" a way to satisfy his tantrum when learning his wife may not be as innocent as he thought. The Christmas lights reminds me of the Pink Floyd logos because they are always surrounded by white lights. The conscious mind is breaking down "White Noise" to paint this rainbow illusion.

As I continue to watch the movie, it became clear to me that this is a feminine strong archetype with multiple shadows of consciousness coming to the surface. It leads one to believe that Tom Cruise's character is living out his own demons, however, we must return to the first scene of the movie, its his wife's reality. Her dark demons coming to the surface.

If I may add, there is a strong subliminal coding behind this movie. Stan is telling the observers a very serious tale about reality. I wondered how Stan would have used the new 1080 HD format to tell the story to the world. I just gave a clue about those colorful christmas lights. The brain is nothing more than a processor, the software to program it is as simple as flashing colorful shapes with plenty of carnival lights...oh and music (It's electric... boogie woogie woogie)

edit on 3860AMQ02AM-21600E13 by BLAQHAZE137 because: Made a few changes to the last statement

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Unforuntely I will not be able to share anything else on this forum... I am getting banned today. I wish you all the very best. This topic is very near and dear to me because it helped validate my studies.

Long story short... got into a bit of a shoving match with a "Knights Templar" on this board and a "Super Mod" tried to enforce rules on me. Not going to happen in the real world and definitely not in make believe. I will leave with one thing... our minds are not what we think... we are not where we think... and all of this is a very well designed prison.

Love my friends... that is all we can do... we are in a very bad situation.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: BLAQHAZE137
Unforuntely I will not be able to share anything else on this forum... I am getting banned today. I wish you all the very best. This topic is very near and dear to me because it helped validate my studies.

Long story short... got into a bit of a shoving match with a "Knights Templar" on this board and a "Super Mod" tried to enforce rules on me. Not going to happen in the real world and definitely not in make believe. I will leave with one thing... our minds are not what we think... we are not where we think... and all of this is a very well designed prison.

Love my friends... that is all we can do... we are in a very bad situation.

No offense but I couldn't help but watch your recent posting events. For clarity, a MOD posting a reminder of T&C in a thread is not the same a getting banned. In fact, I didn't even see your posts get removed.....yet, although some do appear to be in violation.

I also couldn't help but notice your previous post about Tom Cruise throwing a tantrum. You see the irony?

I enjoyed your posts for what it's worth, just a little surprised by your sensitivity.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: BLAQHAZE137
I am still studying the movie and can say this is one of the most serious archetypal movies ever created. What I noticed from the start was the opening, the shot of the Lady in red between the two pillars. The duality scene with a perceived "Innocent" woman flanked by four pillars. Those pillars represent the inner psyche.

At some point, Tom Cruise is introduced as the abandoned child which causes him to "seek out" a way to satisfy his tantrum when learning his wife may not be as innocent as he thought. The Christmas lights reminds me of the Pink Floyd logos because they are always surrounded by white lights. The conscious mind is breaking down "White Noise" to paint this rainbow illusion.

As I continue to watch the movie, it became clear to me that this is a feminine strong archetype with multiple shadows of consciousness coming to the surface. It leads one to believe that Tom Cruise's character is living out his own demons, however, we must return to the first scene of the movie, its his wife's reality. Her dark demons coming to the surface.

If I may add, there is a strong subliminal coding behind this movie. Stan is telling the observers a very serious tale about reality. I wondered how Stan would have used the new 1080 HD format to tell the story to the world. I just gave a clue about those colorful christmas lights. The brain is nothing more than a processor, the software to program it is as simple as flashing colorful shapes with plenty of carnival lights...oh and music (It's electric... boogie woogie woogie)

I love movies like this, because of the way they affect the observer in a personal way.
If one sees the "feminine" figure symbolizing (and perhaps calling forth) our own receptive, sensitive nature, which responds to the world with our own fears and primal drives......; bringing them to awareness, so that we project them out onto the world and others...
How we each interpret such works of art tell more about ourself than those who made it!
I acknowledge that my interpretation is tightly woven into concepts that are currently a focus for me in my life.

Perhaps yours are too? What kind of fears might this internal goddess pull up for you? Fear of rejection? The drive to assert your personal power, conflicting with the fear of being rejected as a result?
I don't know, I'm brainstorming.

"The Ring" is a movie that I like in the same way, which has a similar influence on some people.
edit on 3-2-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   
It's such an incredible and revealing movie.
Kubrick was most definitely telling us something and there are many stories out in US & UK that reveal the very thing Kubrick is telling us in this movie.
It is visually stunning and there is so much going on beneath the surface and subconsciously.
It would be really incredible if something came out, a letter or diary say, that Kubrick wrote about the movie, and his thoughts and his intended vision and which bits were cut and edited.

It is a very deep, daring and telling movie.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

I am surprised I am not banned... yes you have a point. I could have handled it better but it was fun pushing the limits.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I really love your analysis. Can you please check out the cafe scene at 1:40? There's a couple sitting at a table and it seems like they're talking sign language, it does look creepy. Any reply at *SNIP* thank you for the amazing post a reply to: illvminati

edit on 9/26/2016 by semperfortis because: Removed personal info

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join