It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing analysis of Kubrick's film "Eyes Wide Shut"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AvisNigra

I hope it's getting obvious to everyone who controls our gov't, financial, educational, entertainment?, and military fronts.

They drug you - or not- film you committing unarguably disgusting and criminal sex/violent acts with - mostly children - and other vulnerable people, then they let you be their "yes" person in responsible positions.

I hope people do look into the Franklin case and Micheal Aquino, and other "satanic abuse" cases over the years.

HOW MANY children go missing every year? Think about how many children are taken from 3rd world countries.

All of these people need to go down. This is our world, not satan's.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

I only have one thing to say to this....

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy
reply to post by Happy1

I like the cut of your jib.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I finally go this and watched it for the first time the other night.

So is it pretty certain that there was actually footage cut out after Kubrick's death, or just speculation?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy
reply to post by Happy1

Yes, it's far better to listen to a person who communicates through memes and commercial advertisements.

Nah, there has never been a criminal conspiracy involving sex trafficking, children, or blackmailing. That just doesn't happen. I can prove it to you by showing you a TV commercial!

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

edit on 27/4/13 by Mykah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doomsday 2029
Most disturbing movie I've ever seen... It's almost as if I personally witnessed the Illuminati's sex ritual.

Sometimes it's just better to remain ignorant on certain subjects, because I really don't want to know what these devils do behind closed doors (these images can stay with you)

Kubrick really does do some interesting work however.

Some people tend to think Space Odyssey 2001 foreshadowed elements of 9/11.

forum.prisonplanet.com...

I don't know man... those are some weird coincidences. (Not to mention he got the year right on his movie title.)

You know, it was one of the most disturbing movies I had seen too. I watched it a while back and seriously, I couldn't sleep that night, felt a really bad vibe or feeling, and so on.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: litmuspaper

Well I just got home and clicked the link but "this video is not available."
Bummer, as I've seen the movie (I'm pretty sure this isn't the 1st "Eyes Wide Shut" thread on ATS) and was looking forward to checking it out.

In reply to the OP anyways, I didn't think "the existence of the Illuminati and other secret societies" was in question at all...is it?
How many of you have simply gone to the library and looked it up in an encyclopedia from the 1800's like in the big one in downtown Chicago and read the entry on the Illuminati? It's not very difficult...

But what IS difficult is that despite that indisputable evidence, and much more which clearly shows multiple groups with the title, there are people who just will never accept it as fact -
My ex-girlfriend's mom is or was good friends with Robert Shea. He co-wrote "The Illuminatus Trilogy" with good 'ol Bob Dobbs, better known as Robert Anton Wilson.
Well, at a dinner party I guess Shea convinced the family of the same story Bob Wilson liked to tell - that they made it all up, and there IS NO ILLUMINATI.
So i told her that I had gone to the library, just blocks from Bob's old office at the old Playboy HQ in downtown Chitown, which we call "the Loop," where I'm sure a novelist would spend plenty of time researching in the days before the Interwebs, and I told her there was an entry in the Encyclopedia Brittanica from the early 1800's on "The Bavarian Illuminati," naming Weishaupt and everything.
And guess what?! She still believes the Bobs and refused to come check it out herself, because people are f'n idiots.
And this woman is a 3rd generation (at least) Wiccan who claims to be of a rational and open mind.
So I guess I proved her wrong twice that day (at least lol).

Anyway, I didn't know that the existence of The Illuminati was up for debate, let alone "other secret societies."
I'm not sure which other ones might be debatable, but I'm pretty sure the ones I belong to and visit the lodges of are quite real.

Now, I've never seen or participated in any of the sex-magick personally, or GOD forbid, abuse, and this isn't an attempt to take this thread off-topic or derail, by any means - I know it happens in certain circles - not mine.

I REALLY wish I could see the video and determine how much of the "debatable" part is just the words of the OP or the video, but since it's gone, I can't, and therefore can't do more than tell you that story - if anyone has another link, or had the common sense to download it and then re-upload it, please do let us know!

We all know about the Grove, and Kubrick likely filming the "moon landing" (can of worms alert lol.)

However I and I'm sure many others here will agree, that intentionally or not, the words "other secret societies" and the implications that any and all members of said societies which OTHERS call secret (and even question the actual existence of!) because they don't understand relatively simple things like etymology or physics or theologies, are ALL involved in immoral practices, is offensive to those of us who are members of said groups.

Usually we just sit around and talk about new scientific discoveries which have proven metaphysical "theories" correct, debate Chakra theories and correlations, or explain to newbs what "meditate on it" means, and the meetings' over by 9pm. Sorry to disappoint you, but that's the truth.

edit on 25-1-2015 by KAOStheory because: typos - again - sorry

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
The video linked to can't be seen.

But this is one of my favorite movies. It is troubling, but I think it seeks to express less about "illuminati" than about power in general. Our feelings and attitudes about it, our desires and fears.

People will often more or less consciously sabotage their own efforts to attain more power (in all forms of it) because they have fears about how much they can actually handle without becoming destructive to themselves or others.

It deals with the dangers of going too fast, jumping to higher levels of power before one has developed enough skill at directing it.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Interesting side to that, and well put.
May be something there regarding the "28 Club," and others who take on more than they can handle, and opt out the hard way, or fake it?
Or the "deal with the devil" comes due?

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: KAOStheory

Well, I think that Nicole Kidmans character, and that of the prostitute he encountered and almost slept with, illustrated the way our desires can overcome our consciously chosen goals and principles. She expressed that she was struck by the terrible realization, when she saw this officer, that she would willingly throw it all away to get close to and meld with that power he radiated.

The term "forced" (used in a post further up, to describe women who came to a party and had sex with people there) is one that begs some analyzation. Was that force coming from outside? Or inside?

Part of handling power in a balanced way is the recognition of how others can become a slave to their own internal "will to power" in your presence. This is a very shocking way to illustrate the concept, but it is like the father who must be aware of the natural Oedipus complex, which would pull his daughter to act in seductive ways towards him, and it is up to him to put up the limits. HE has to have developed enough control over his own internal drives and impulses to not give in to that force himself.

The secret society which threw Cruise out their party- were they doing that to protect themselves- or to protect him from himself? To protect him from destroying his goals and intents, losing his wife and child, to his will to power?

There are people who are able to use their sexual drives in a much wider context, without also losing their conscious focus on their goals, on their sense of self. But it takes a long process of development and skill attainment. It is littered with tests and challenges.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

That's some good observation.

Forgive me all if this has been touched on in the past 4 pages somewhere that I didn't see, but, has anyone considered an interesting thing about this movie - Tom Cruise?!

I mean, the f'n Scientology poster boy is the star of one of the weirdest (at least mainstream/popular) occult movies ever?

Eyes Wide Shut - 1999
Tom Cruise - Scientologist since late 1980's.
So, wtf?

The kid from Napoleon Dynamite is a Mormon, and he has set strict rules for himself about what films he will or will not appear in, because of his spiritual beliefs (crazy as they may be,) fame be damned. A look at Cruise's resume doesn't really reflect the same moral ethics - or does it?!

Also, a recent post on here about a person's short stint with Scientology showed up right when this did, leading me to re-visit that all day. There's a new doc debuting at Sundance, to be shown on HBO in March. As Cartman would say, "Synchroniciteh."
edit on 26-1-2015 by KAOStheory because: to add

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
A few things puzzle me about the movie.

Tom Cruise wasn't supposed to be there that night and would have been killed as an imposter. correct?

If that's true why did the girl step up to the plate to take his place in death as if there had to be a sacrificial death that particular night?

If Cruise had been setup as a sacrificial victom why did Nick Nitingale disappear from his hotel for luring him to the party like he was supposed to?

Some speculate that Cruise was being made aware or brought to light or perhaps had passed from darkness to light that night. After all the Rainbow costume guy treated him as if he were one of them and on the inside the following day.

If that's true why did Nick Nitingale disappear from his hotel room for helping Cruise to become enlightened like was supposed to do?

Either Cruise was setup as a victom or he was being shown light. Which is it?

Either way Nick Nitingale did what he was suposed to do, so why did he disappear?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Voyager1
If that's true why did the girl step up to the plate to take his place in death as if there had to be a sacrificial death that particular night?

He had saved her earlier in the film when she OD'd on a speedball.

If Cruise had been setup as a sacrificial victom why did Nick Nitingale disappear from his hotel for luring him to the party like he was supposed to?

Nick was discovered as the person who provided him with the address. It is not known whether something actually happens to the character or he is just sent back home to Seattle as he explained.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Voyager1

Some speculate that Cruise was being made aware or brought to light or perhaps had passed from darkness to light that night. After all the Rainbow costume guy treated him as if he were one of them and on the inside the following day.

If that's true why did Nick Nitingale disappear from his hotel room for helping Cruise to become enlightened like was supposed to do?

Either Cruise was setup as a victom or he was being shown light. Which is it?

Either way Nick Nitingale did what he was suposed to do, so why did he disappear?

How do you come to the conclusion that Cruise was being set up to be there, as a sacrificial victim?

If the path of enlightment can be signified by the rainbow, then my take is that it is not always good for you to get to the end of that rainbow before you are ready.

And I am not so sure he was going to be sacrificed that night, nor that the model who died was!
She was asked if she understood what the consequences of her decision would be - granted, the audience is quick to come to the conclusion of murder... but that is not made clear. Officially, she died of a drug overdose, that's all we know.

Giving away ones power to others has self destructive effects, not always performed or carried out by the one the power is given to. That seems to me to be one of the "keys" these powerful people know, and why they can delve into the full experience of sexuality without self destructing, or losing their goals and intents. (Dr. Bill doesn't seem to have reached that level of enlightment yet). But she takes the risk, judging that he is ethically worthy of her projection.

But projecting your power onto another leaves you dependent upon that individual (we see that Alice/Kidman has done this, becoming dependaent financially upon her husband). She worries about his loyalty at the party precisely because she is dependent upon him and counting on her judgement that he is worthy of it- that he will reciprocate with responsibility.
That he will protect her from herself.
Now that she has given over her self empowerment to him, she depends upon him to be the restraining wall of her deepest drives and urges. (I'm married, she repeatedly tells the flirting gentleman at the party... but the husband is nowhere to be seen).

The same thing happens when the model chooses to sponsor Dr. Bill. She has put herself in a very dangerous situation with herself- leaving herself vulnerable to her own drives and appetites, which risk becoming self destructive. In that sense, the head priest could have been asking her if she realizes she will be in that state... and will he actually be responsible in regards to her? Will he protect her from herself?

He did once, so she is willing to gamble that he will again.

But no. He hasn't reached that level of responsibility and power yet. He's out of his league.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Dr. Bill. Lol, made me think of Bill Cosby. That pervert is being exposed, so will anyone hiding dark secrets. Secret socieites cannot maintain their shroud forever. For everything, everything, is exposed, brought to the light. Some things sooner than others.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I did not watch your video but here is my take on what is happening, at least partially.

Very wealthy people, extremely wealthy people, are not amused very easily, having anything they want, so progressively need weirder and weirder s#%t to amuse themselves.

Now imagine if you have generations and generations, dynasties, of extremely wealthy people, perhaps spanning thousands of years in top tier wealth, who have been partaking in weird s#%t that entire time to amuse themselves.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I have watched this movie so many times, and find it fascinating, please forgive my verbiose reflection upon it!
You are free to not read, so I shall let myself roll here.

In some spiritual practices, a period of sexual abstainance is part of the discipline. What is not always communicated to the initiate is that further down the road, a stage where that is lifted will come- when sexual activity is release, but (if the pre-development is successfully done) can be done with a strong measure of self control. Where responsability will be at a high level.

The abstinance period allows one to develop self awareness beyond physical form and sensation.

The masks indicate that these people are aware their "real self" is inside- it is not that which is seen on the exterior. The body is a vehicle for the spirit.

The costume shop is somewhat like a guru who seeks to provide a false short cut to enlightenment.

The mask being on the bed when Bill gets home shows him, you are still your mask, your vehicle, your life with her and all it entails materially.

When a group of people with high self esteem are together, they can express themselves freely, without it impacting anyone else.

You put a person with lower self esteem amongst them, they cannot, or they risk impacting negatively that person. They risk pulling some of that persons personal power to be projected onto them.

Rich people with a poor person amongst them cannot speak about their recent travels or things they have bought.
People with high self esteem cannot speak of their recent successes or of their qualities, because the one with lower self esteem will feel lowered by that.

Ever hear people say they cannot stand people who use lots of "I" sentences, and talk about themselves? Those are the vulnerable ones. Powerful people do that, and are not bothered by others doing that. They retain their sense of self even if another is speaking about themselves.

A person whose greatest vacation opportunity is a camping about an hour away from home, faced with someone talking of their recent weekend getaway to London, Rome, or the islands suddenly feels all their energy sucked right out of them.

I don't think that is exactly what happens, I perceive that they project that energy right out of themselves.

So we enter the association of power, responsibility, and secret.
Not all secret societies abuse power, but some do. One of our biggest fears, as we develop, is that all powerful people abuse that power.

Because every time we approach that flame, we get burned. We assume it is they who have "done" that to us, instead of having the self awareness to recognize we did it to ourself.

When around truly powerful people who do not abuse it, we usually don't know that they are. Because they hide it, for our own protection. So it seems to us that good responsible powerful people don't exist. That is not necessarily true though.

But it is a huge drama in the human psyche- feeling pulled to follow that rainbow, all the while fearing what is at the end of it. That is why I think this movies strikes such discordant notes deeply within us- even if we don't grasp consciously, right away, what it is about.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join