It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing analysis of Kubrick's film "Eyes Wide Shut"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

Thanks for the link to the 12 parter.

I did visit the website but I'm taking my babysteps time with it.

I appreciate both, it's hard to know where to start when it comes to conspiracies, but I think I'm in good hands with him.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by litmuspaper

Nice. It's a good read, and he has made so many points that I want to start a thread about here at ATS, but I am not up to it right now.

There is a Laurel Canyon Series that details the birth of the hippie generation and satanism is a heavy component.
Supposedly he hints around at an inter-generational satanic family-type thing that began both what we see ass Hollywood and the pop music/video/movie scene.

It actually ties in perfect with Eyes Wide Shut.

I had seen that movie several times. I caught it in the theaters and have seen it several times since, but the meaning that we are discussing didn't hit me until about 4 years ago.

That was when I first learned about the Grove and the Franklin Child Abuse Coverup and Michael Aquino (you should really check out that link if you aren't already familiar with this freak. FOR REAL),

Good thread.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
When you see that movie, the way it's filmed you don't get "excited" so to speak, at least I didn't. In scenes you would think would "excite" a person I was incredibly disturbed and it was hard to watch. I don't know why that is, but that move is seriously [snip]up. I would also assume Illuminati rituals look nothing like in the movie.

Mod Edit- Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by elevatedone]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
Most disturbing movie I've ever seen... It's almost as if I personally witnessed the Illuminati's sex ritual.

Sometimes it's just better to remain ignorant on certain subjects, because I really don't want to know what these devils do behind closed doors (these images can stay with you)

Kubrick really does do some interesting work however.

Some people tend to think Space Odyssey 2001 foreshadowed elements of 9/11.

forum.prisonplanet.com...

I don't know man... those are some weird coincidences. (Not to mention he got the year right on his movie title.)

I read that thread, I thought it was quite a stretch.

Interesting to some nonetheless.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Here's a good site for EWS analysis

www.youreyeswideshut.com...

I love the film, you should read The Hell Fire Club by Danniel P Mannix if you like the ritual scenes stuff

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Kubrick was a genius and it's a damn shame he had to go,I love his movies.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This song from the ritual is creepy...

And the right way round

[edit on 20/3/10 by blupblup]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by KyleOrtonArmy
When you see that movie, the way it's filmed you don't get "excited" so to speak, at least I didn't. In scenes you would think would "excite" a person I was incredibly disturbed and it was hard to watch. I don't know why that is, but that move is seriously [snip]up. I would also assume Illuminati rituals look nothing like in the movie.

Mod Edit- Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

I kind of found myself getting "excited" a couple of times when Nicole Kidman was shaking her stuff around when just wearing panties.

[edit on 19-3-2010 by elevatedone]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The reason I think EYES WIDE SHUT is a dream from first frame to last is that the studio sets for everything including NYC street scenes look almost real but definitely fake, just as in a dream.

Behaviors of characters in the film seem almost realistic but obviously fake or concocted. The last scene, for example, when they are in the toy shop (looks to be a dreamlike representation of FAO Schwarz) and they say the F word loud enough for others in the shop to hear. A social climbing doctor with wife would never do that except in a dream. That's only one example, but I think every scene contains hints that we are watching someone's dream, not Kubrick trying to represent real life situations.

I remember film critics saying things like "why didn't he just block off some streets in New York and shoot on location there for realism because Woody Allen does it all the time?" Well, those critics were, in my opinion, missing the whole point. The NYC street scenes were sets in the studio in England because Kubrick wanted them to look almost like real scenes but not completely realistic --- just like dreaming of NYC street scenes.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by switching yard

Yeah I was starting to think the 'normal' life was a dream. And the 'weird' life with masks was real life. And one of them was dreaming they had a normal life, away from it all.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 911stinks

Originally posted by BreakinThEwaLL
reply to post by 911stinks

illuminati being the hierarchy of the secret societies...so no need to include cfr, bildebergs and freemasons etc

The objective being to make people think that Freemasons (there's a lodge in every town) are not having Satan worshipping sex parties right under the general publics nose, infesting innocent people with their sins. They are.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by 911stinks]

I'm a freemason and I don't believe I have ever been to a satan worshipping sex party. Maybe I forgot I attended? Or maybe its because I'm just a lowly master mason, the satan worshipping and sex parties is probably for the higher degrees.

And regarding this movie, I thought it was a terrible and boring movie and I don't really see these things that everyone on here seems to see in the movie. But then again I don't see conspiracies in everything, its just a movie. Kubrick is a great director though. Clockwork Orange and The Shining are some of my fav movies.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by jeasahtheseer]

[edit on 25-3-2010 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by switching yard
The reason I think EYES WIDE SHUT is a dream from first frame to last is that the studio sets for everything including NYC street scenes look almost real but definitely fake, just as in a dream.

Behaviors of characters in the film seem almost realistic but obviously fake or concocted. The last scene, for example, when they are in the toy shop (looks to be a dreamlike representation of FAO Schwarz) and they say the F word loud enough for others in the shop to hear. A social climbing doctor with wife would never do that except in a dream. That's only one example, but I think every scene contains hints that we are watching someone's dream, not Kubrick trying to represent real life situations.

I remember film critics saying things like "why didn't he just block off some streets in New York and shoot on location there for realism because Woody Allen does it all the time?" Well, those critics were, in my opinion, missing the whole point. The NYC street scenes were sets in the studio in England because Kubrick wanted them to look almost like real scenes but not completely realistic --- just like dreaming of NYC street scenes.

That movie was "like a gift from a dying father".

He was warning us.
He was telling us that we live our lives in a dreamland with our eye wide shut, and the reality of the world is entirely too much for the plebs to handle,

Thus, we continue to live the dream with our Eyes Wide Shut.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
re stanley kubrik faking the apollo moon landing, i have never seen his last film eyes wide shut. is it just me or does the film poster look a bit like a nasa mission patch?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
It's from quite some time ago, but S&F to the OP for introducing me to Rob Ager.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I always thought the head honcho in the Mansion Cult represented Bush Sr. just because he sounded like him. I don't know that Kubrick was trying to convey that to his audience but I always thunk it.

"That's right sir, that is the password for admittance.... but may I ask what is the password for the house."

At least he had the decency to refer to him as sir.

I suppose its just another fantasy movie.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
just tried to watch the link from the op post, and get video removed by user, tried a few more time keep getting same thing. just makes you wonder, i mean just been posted now its gone

[edit on 19-6-2010 by hounddoghowlie]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
just tried to watch the link from the op post, and get video removed by user, tried a few more time keep getting same thing. just makes you wonder, i mean just been posted now its gone
If by "just been posted" you mean 3 months ago, that is...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by litmuspaper
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Yeah, it’s depressing but I don’t think it was wrong for the movie to not focus on the murder because otherwise Kubrick’s point wouldn’t be made. It’s supposed to show people for what they are, it’s supposed to be honest about how soulless and shallow we’ve become. The lack of redeeming qualities is what makes the film so realistic and dreamlike at the same time, because people don’t want to believe that this is what reality is, people don’t want to “wake up”, they want their eyes to remain shut.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by litmuspaper]

In a case where a secret cult resides in your home town,....you,...the citizen have eyes wide open. As for the overall attitude adapted by the bulk of the community though, any discussion of the subject is almost forbidden by snobby half-wit intellectuals who pigeon-hole those who are interested in the subject matter. Whether it be an underground sex club, Satanic cult etc, most people of the township find it disgraceful and un-speakable to openly discuss the time when their town was invaded by a secret society. Which this makes it close to impossible for a journalist or a writer of fiction to conduct interviews and research into such matters.

I agree with the township attitude as I too wouldn't feel safe in my community with underground sadistic groups in my town invading the school system and influencing the youth either. But historically...there is a lesson to be learned here. There is nothing extreme about the characters in the film. Not in reality there isn't and I speak from experience where I crossed paths with such groups and was presented with an invitation to join. I resisted joining and while feeling quite scared of such groups, causing my awareness to to develop and making the right choices. However,....most of the community desires a shut down in the brain. A type of macho attitude that rules over the wisdom in which one must apply when being confronted by secret societies.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I am getting "This video has been removed by the user." too. does anyone know if the original video mentioned is available for viewing anywhere else?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mark Harris

I believe that Rob Ager is only releasing those videos on DVD to purchase from his site:

Rob Ager's Collative Learning

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join