It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electricity prices to rise by up to 64%

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Electricity prices to rise by up to 64%

news.ninemsn.com.au

The NSW opposition has called on the government to reject an independent determination to hike electricity prices by up to 64 per cent, saying the increase will be too much for some struggling consumers.

Electricity bills in NSW will soar over the next three years, with the state's Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal (IPART) blaming the federal government's proposed emissions trading scheme (ETS) for much of the increase.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
southern-courier.whereilive.com.au[/u rl]

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread550434/pg1]The Solar Panel Conspiracy

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I don't understand why this is still going ahead?
I though the whole ETS was canned?
And there is really no explanation for the massive increase in power prices.
In the last 3 years there was a 30% (20% in the last year) increase in our electricity bills and now 64% over the next 3 years.
94% in 6 years is ridiculous I can't see how this is justified.

I think this also relates to my other thread, we are being pushed into purchasing solar panels.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17/3/2010 by wycky]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Its the stupid idea that everything is supposed to be enviromentally friendly, rather than highly effective (ie nuclear). In my country prices has varied WILDLY during the winter because the nuclear power plants have been running at half pace.

During just one day we saw the market price of electricity increase by 1300% (ya rly!).

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I seriously believe if the governments are really serious on helping the environment, that they should really look into this clean energy, that Tesla had invented, then got thrown out the door, because there was no money in it. I mean seriously they make enough money from every thing else. Oh sorry, then there wouldn't be no reason for oil and fossil fuels and coal, which then I guess that means there goes 1 reason for no more war on oil, which then I guess the only thing they need to fight about is religion. Oh then I guess they wont make enough money because they are only fighting about one thing instead of two.

But I am not happy about them rising the price on something we all need, Maybe its time to start living off the land again, not worrying about taxes and buying material things hehe, and surviving on my own. Gee I wonder what would happen then if they force everyone to live like this again, all because they can't afford to live like the people at the top. Wouldn't they eventually go under then? because not enough money getting circulated. Maybe they have not thought that far yet, lol. Oh that's right I forgot again, It only when it happens they will worry about it, like everything else.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
So I guess their excuse will be : reduce the demand of electricity + fund research into alternative fuels + fund capturing CO2?

When in fact they will keep most of this increase for their bonus.

I think the australian government should hire me for their PR!

[edit on 18-3-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I just heard on the radio the increase in cost is to pay for the Power Co's to increase their infrastructure, which i think is a load of garbage.
If i want to increase my companies infrastructure I have to invest money in it or get a loan, not increase rates by 64%, if i did i would loose business and go broke.
They are only getting away with it because we have no other real viable option except to go Solar which will save some money or go back to living the way we did 100 years ago

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

I think the australian government should hire me for their PR!

[edit on 18-3-2010 by Vitchilo]

I have thought about starting my own political party, i have the forms LOL.
We do need a change in our political system things like this are ridiculous, but we need a real change not an Obama Change

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

Maybe our tax dollars should go to fitting everyone house with a solar panel array, instead of buying a bunch of stupid submarines. And the energy companies can suck a fat one after that.

The whole energy grid is a major weapon in TPTB's arsenal. If no one needed to buy their electricity we'd soon realise we don't need half the BS that gets handed down to us.

I'm all for alternative energy, but I (and I'm sure lots of other peeps) cant afford it, or a rise in electricity bills.

And for change in government.

EVERYONE VOTE GREENS!!

ps. one of my friends was telling me about this thing where if you can get enough people together you can buy your own solar panels in bulk direct from Japan for next to nothing comparatively.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
One thing no one has mention is the fact that not only is this going to effect our electric bills,

What about manufacturing cost?

What about overheads for business?
All these expenses will be passed on the the consumer or worse,
More manufacturing will be pushed overseas and there will be a lot of job losses.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
its australia nuff said

arent australians the same group of people who are banned from playing violent video games due to it causing them to fly into uncontrollable rages?

well there is a genetic link to violence and since it was founded by criminals it would make sense that they exhibit a propensity to violence if triggered by an external stimulus.

maybe by jacking up the cost of electricity it will cause australians to stop watching tv and movies and triggering these violent episodes.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by tigpoppa
its australia nuff said

arent australians the same group of people who are banned from playing violent video games due to it causing them to fly into uncontrollable rages?

well there is a genetic link to violence and since it was founded by criminals it would make sense that they exhibit a propensity to violence if triggered by an external stimulus.

maybe by jacking up the cost of electricity it will cause australians to stop watching tv and movies and triggering these violent episodes.

WOW
was that a serious post?

To add: and that post coming from an American HAHAHA

[edit on 18/3/2010 by wycky]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by wycky

The Promissory Note To Pay Our Debts

HJR-192 of June 5, 1933 is the promissory note (the promise of Abraham) the government issued to balance the exchange to credit the people. The Promissory note is on the debit side of the United States Governments ledger, which was a debited from their credit, created by the Executive Order of April 5, 1933 when they took the gold out of circulation. Public Policy is rooted in HJR-192 and is Grace that creates our exemption. This is your temporal saving grace. Under grace, the law falls away to create a more perfect contract. Public Policy removed the people's liability to make all payments by making a contract null if it required the payment to be in substance, because the people didn't have any money to pay with. All that must be done now is to discharge the liability. Pay and discharge are similar words but the principles are as different as Old and New Testaments. The word "pay" is equated with gold and silver, or something of substance like a first-born lamb, which requires tangible work to be invested in it to remove the liability because an execution must occur. The word "Discharge" is equated with paper, or even more basic, simple credits and debits, that exist on paper only, like the slate held by the agents/angels of heaven that get swiped clean.

You cannot pay a bill with a bill and you cannot pay a debt with a debt. What HJR-192 did was, remove the liability of an obligor (someone obligated to pay a debt) by making it against Public Policy to pay debts. All that needs to be done now is discharge the debit with an appropriate credit "dollar for dollar." Debt must be discharged dollar for dollar in the same sense, as sin was discharged on the Cross. The moment a debt exists, it must be written off. The catch is, we can't write off the debt because we are not in possession of the account in deficit; our fiduciary agent is in possession of the account so we must provide him with the tax return (by the return of the original offer) so the fiduciary can discharge the liability through their internal revenue service (the bookkeeper). Most feel that when the money was taken out of society, the people became the slaves, this is not true, the people were freed from every obligation that society could create thus freeing the people from any obligation which they may incur simply because we cannot pay a debt. Ask yourself the question, What are you charging me with? And how do you expect Me to pay?

Simply said, there is no money, plain and simple for me to make the payment with and on top of that, if I were to pay, who is paying Me to pay that guy and who's paying that guy and so on... Public Policy is the supercedious bond because it limits our liability to pay. It is the more perfect contract because it operates on grace to pay our debts after we have done all that we can. We go as far as we can to fulfill the obligation (acceptance and tax return) and after we have done all we can, mercy and grace kick in being our exemption to make the payment. Grace creates our exemption in the industrial society so long as we accept the charge.

From;

loveforlife.com.au...

Now this, HJR-192, applies to America, but the site is from Austrailia I believe? So wouldn't this apply there too. Maybe some research needs to be done, but I think that if the people were to "Accept for value", the electric bill and "Return it for Discharge", that may stop this whole "Elitist" agenda and swing the power back into the hands of the people? No pun intended. I know there are many people who have actually petitioned the Queen for sovereignty. Not sure how that works but I do know that most countries are still under British rule, even America, believe it or not.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by wycky

Hey.

Where do you live, if I may ask?

The same thing is happening in South Africa. The prices just keep going up. I don't understand what for? Eskom, which is the provider, keeps cutting power throughout the winter. Last winter, thousands of businesses lost millions in revenue due to the lack of knowledge and black empowerment which has caused problems at Eskom. & the tax payers just have to keep on forking out money to pay for their screw ups.

They have warned us that this coming winter will be worse.

Salaries in South Africa are one of the worst in the world. Increases in pay are scarce, whilst the increase in basic necessities keep sky rocketing.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by canUhandlethetruth

I seriously believe if the governments are really serious on helping the environment, that they should really look into this clean energy, that Tesla had invented, then got thrown out the door, because there was no money in it. I mean seriously they make enough money from every thing else. Oh sorry, then there wouldn't be no reason for oil and fossil fuels and coal, which then I guess that means there goes 1 reason for no more war on oil, which then I guess the only thing they need to fight about is religion. Oh then I guess they wont make enough money because they are only fighting about one thing instead of two. But I am not happy about them rising the price on something we all need, Maybe its time to start living off the land again, not worrying about taxes and buying material things hehe, and surviving on my own. Gee I wonder what would happen then if they force everyone to live like this again, all because they can't afford to live like the people at the top. Wouldn't they eventually go under then? because not enough money getting circulated. Maybe they have not thought that far yet, lol. Oh that's right I forgot again, It only when it happens they will worry about it, like everything else.

canUhandlethetruth for president!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
we just had a 15% increase, and my power bill jumped 50% this quarter...
...from about $180 to $270 in 1 quarter.
now you can say i probably used more energy over summer but the little graph on my bill hasn't moved much at all.

this country is going to the pits and fast... from hikes in rego, tolls, energy & tax, the general costs of living is sky rocketing and nobody is getting paid anymore than they did 5 years ago!

now i see in queensland they want lower the blood alcohol level to 0.02 because they think it will save lives...
....people will drive under the influence and die no matter what the legal limit stands at.

today there is a poll on yahoo.com asking if smoking should be banned in public!!! what an outrage!
this country is the highest taxed nation in the world and it keeps getting worse and worse for the working class man & woman!

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by wycky

Awesome

If it happens in NSW I'm sure we'll be next in Victoria...And the argument about infrastructure is a crock...

If you remove the POSSIBLE increase due to an ETS of around 20%, which is unlikely to happen unless the Government gets some sort of miracle by way of a majority in the Senate at the next election, an increase of around 44% over 3 years due to "infrastructure costs" is simply theft by the electricity companies...

Privatisation of electricity companies in NSW & Victoria was a huge mistake...

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Its not the privatisation that was a mistake, its the fact that the govt still meddles in it all. If there was competition in the market for power generation then you would have falling prices, not rising. However the govt ensures that there is no competition, and the prices are set by tribunal instead! ETS or not, this is completely wrong and is closer to a Soviet system than capitalism.

Its really pathetic that in a supposedly free country our rights are being whittled away one at a time. The govt has never had so much control over every aspect of our lives. And yet we do nothing (of course we dont have many guns anymore which makes it easier for the powers that be...convenient that).

If their internet filtering stupidity gets going i am leaving the country.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Hi Jinx, yes this is In Australia, im sorry to hear you have those problems to in Africa.

Below is a Table from Energy Australia's Financial Review, as you can see they have well over $200 Million in net Profits on 07/08 & 08/09.
Where has all that money gone???
The Government also got some nice "Distributions" too?

Edit: image issues

Link to report - www.annualreport.energyaustralia.com.au...

[edit on 18/3/2010 by wycky]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
its all about coping with the cost of energy which is bound to rise as infrastructure deteoriates & needs fixing, as new technologies/resources are brought on line.

i hedge by owning 3 power companies, (NYSE: DTE, CHG, OTTR)

next, i'm engaged in retrofitting Grand-Ma's house,
thermopane window replacements, metal roofing,
changing to the 'tankless water heater' system.
there will be other things later incl. some solar...(as money permits)

if one does not look forward...they are always behind the 8-ball

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

its all about coping with the cost of energy which is bound to rise as infrastructure deteoriates & needs fixing, as new technologies/resources are brought on line.

Like any other business infrastructure upgrades and maintenance needs to be carried out on a regular biases, not wait till the last min and say:

Tech: "oh $%#@, we better fix this up
CEO: That's going to cost too much money!!!!
Financial Advisor: lets make our customers pay for it, they can complain as much as they want, they don't have a choice.

CEO and Financial Advisor high 5 each other.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join