It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puzzling Statement: Obama Says ‘Louisiana Purchase’ Will Help With the Earthquake in Hawaii

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

yes, i really believe that Obama accidentally told us where they were going to strike next.

And yet you have absolutely no proof of this.

How is this any better than people believing everything the media tells them? They are both a form of ignorance...are they not?

To believe something with absolutely no proof is not denying ignorance...is it???

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

Ok there was a quake here in 2006 and it wasnt that strong but this is why it was important: From what I remember it happened on the north/ northwest coast area of "the big Island". This is important because there is a Shelf of earth there that would cause a "mega tsunami" if it were to drop into the pacific.
Now this is just a feeling but ive thought "they" had a plan to cause a controlable disaster here, and when the quake happened I had this like vision of a crazy drill machine with a small nuke on it that burrows under the shelf and causes it to break free.
Maybe they failed, but i think it was only a dry run. Anyway if the president let it slip it would be kinda dumn to do it now, also I dont have to worry about getting in trouble for giving away the plan cuz Obama already did ;P

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
It does seem strange that he would mention an earthquake in Hawaii though. At first I thought he meant to say Haiti too because he wasn't using his teleprompter.

Maybe he was in Hawaii when it happened? No... probably not. But he was probably worried about his grandma.

I can think of other disasters more recent though. What about all the floods they had last year? Or the tornadoes that wiped out a couple towns? Even the Florida hurricanes several years ago would be a good example.

After listening to the tape, and then reading the transcript, I got the impression he was getting aggravated answering questions, and being interrupted.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
First off he said Hawaii WENT through an earthquake, which means it already happened, so no need to flee Hawaii, second, going through an earthquake means all of the aftermath that comes with it, example, a tsunami
Ears are only good if you use them correctly

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Is it that hard to distinguish the word provision from the word purchase?

Seriously.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I only saw the short clip for starters didnt see any reason to watch the long one.
So
Every one in Hawaii better run for it.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sodakota

Maybe he was in Hawaii when it happened? No... probably not. But he was probably worried about his grandma.

But his granny is dead. She died of cancer, remember?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
His lips weren't even moving in the video during the part where he said "which went through an earthquake". That part is fake and was definately inserted. I am no fan of Obama, but the fact is, he never said it.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I assumed he was talking about the great state of Haiti. Remember he said he has visited all 57 states.

SM2

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Really, I think Obama is single biggest threat to the US today, but this single instance is a non issue. This is being taken out of context. He did say "Went thru an earthquake" meaning it has allready happened. He clearly is referring to the quake in 2006, now, that he is comparing that to Katrina is just kinda of in poor taste as the two events are not even close in the destructive impact that they had on the population and infrastructure.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

Having lived on Oahu until just over a year ago I can say with absolute first hand experience that the islands have several quakes a year. The majority are on the Big Island but in '06 there were 2 tremors felt all the way to Maui & these quakes did cause some extensive damage on Oahu - in addition we were without power for over 14 hours. Believe me, I'm NOT an Obama fan but do think he was referring to Katrina & the recent tsunami warning in the Pacific due to the Chile quake.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
why are you scared now? it's not like obama is the first president we ever had who is a puppet for big business. why weren't you scared back when the patriot act was being made into law? that's weird, why didn't i have a say in this bill? oh wait, because i am an american tax paying citizen so obviously i am not important, i see. wto? who? nafta? wtf?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

well if Hawaii DOES have an earthquake in the very near future, we will all know there is a rat in the wood pile won't we?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by stlbirds88

I lol'd when I read that. You are right, people believe anything that guy says. If he said the earth wasn't round people would believe him. It reminds me of the hitler followers.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
This is the quote in which the statement was used.

"Fox News: OBAMA: I am certain that we've made sure, for example, that any burdens on states are alleviated, when it comes to what they're going to have to chip in to make sure that we're giving subsidies to small businesses, and subsidies to individuals, for example. BAIER: So the Connecticut deal is still in? OBAMA: So that's not — that's not going to be something that is going to be in this final package. I think the same is true on all of these provisions. I'll give you some exceptions though. Something that was called a special deal was for Louisiana. It was said that there were billions — millions of dollars going to Louisiana, this was a special deal. Well, in fact, that provision, which I think should remain in, said that if a state has been affected by a natural catastrophe, that has created a special health care emergency in that state, they should get help. Louisiana, obviously, went through Katrina, and they're still trying to deal with the enormous challenges that were faced because of that. (CROSS TALK) OBAMA: That also — I'm giving you an example of one that I consider important. It also affects Hawaii, which went through an earthquake. So that's not just a Louisiana provision. That is a provision that affects every state that is going through a natural catastrophe. Now I have said that there are certain provisions, like this Nebraska one, that don't make sense. And they needed to be out. And we have removed those. So, at the end of the day, what people are going to be able to say is that this legislation is going to be providing help to small businesses and individuals, across the board, in an even handed way, and providing people relief from a status quo that's just not working. BAIER: OK, the Florida deal, in or out? OBAMA: The Florida deal — BAIER: Paying for Medicare Advantage, exempting 800,000 Floridians from — OBAMA: My understanding is that whatever is going to be done on Medicare is going to apply across the board to all states."

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Doesn't Obama have family in Hawaii? So why would he order a "HARRP strike" on them?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

I'll reiterate, the Hawaiian Islands experience SEVERAL quakes per year. There's no conspiracy to shake up/sink/destroy any or all of them. The quakes are related to volcanic activity & unless the gov't. has someone stationed under the Big Island pumping lava from Kilauea for the past 25+ years then it's a natural event....period.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Hey OP, isn't Hawaii the 57th state or is it 56th? You present a clip out of context and then pretend like Obama has never made a mistake. You are bringing paranoia to a new high.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
---I've been reading back over some of the quotes, I can't narrow down the context he's aiming for. Does he mean a "purchase" made by "Louisiana", or THE LOUISIANA PURCHASE? Two VERY different things

The "Louisianna Purchase" does not merely refer to the state of Louisianna. The original Louisianna Purchase was a chunk of land that included the states of Louisianna AND Arkansas (it was split later)...it was purchased by the US from Napoleon Bonaparte.

Why would Obama refer to it as the Louisianna Purchase??.....Louisianna & Arkansas have been two separate states for some time now. Louisianna IS quite unique still....for law students there, they must study 4 years instead of the traditional 3 because Louisianna Law is still subject to the Napoleonic Code....but other than that...I'm at a loss.

Any thoughts as to why this particular phrase was used???

[edit on 18-3-2010 by starsyren]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join