It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"To save itself...China must prepare to become the (world's) helmsman."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Increasingly bold rhetoric from China. I am not a "China will rule the world" believer...Their statistics are massaged and they are in the middle of a massive credit and property boom that will crater sooner rather than later. Their prosperity is unevenly distributed and internal social pressures are building. Even so, they are hardly inconsequential and nobody can deny their clout is currently on the upswing.

The noises from the PLA and other government officials have become increasingly belicose and anti-American. Consider the following, regarding statements from a PLA officer.

China should build the world's strongest military and move swiftly to topple the United States as the global "champion," a senior Chinese PLA officer says in a new book reflecting swelling nationalist ambitions.

The call for China to abandon modesty about its global goals and "sprint to become world number one" comes from a People's Liberation Army (PLA) Senior Colonel, Liu Mingfu, who warns that his nation's ascent will alarm Washington, risking war despite Beijing's hopes for a "peaceful rise."

"China's big goal in the 21st century is to become world number one, the top power," Liu writes in his newly published Chinese-language book, "The China Dream."

"If China in the 21st century cannot become world number one, cannot become the top power, then inevitably it will become a straggler that is cast aside," writes Liu, a professor at the elite National Defense University, which trains rising officers.

His 303-page book stands out for its boldness even in a recent chorus of strident Chinese voices demanding a hard shove back against Washington over trade, Tibet, human rights, and arms sales to Taiwan, the self-ruled island Beijing claims as its own.

"As long as China seeks to rise to become world number one ... then even if China is even more capitalist than the U.S., the U.S. will still be determined to contain it," writes Liu.

Rivalry between the two powers is a "competition to be the leading country, a conflict over who rises and falls to dominate the world," says Liu. "To save itself, to save the world, China must prepare to become the (world's) helmsman."

More at source:
www.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Ah yes... I think they like their new "Fascist" style economy far better than the traditional failed "communist" style government of yesterday.

Doesn't matter... an Oligarchy is an Oligarchy either way. Best of luck PLA! Sweet dreams of world domination.

Just another NWO wanna be to join the others in their dreams of total power and control.

Oh.. Slap on a "FAIR TRADE" Tariff on all "IMPORTED" goods into the U.S. and your Oligarchy is over.... So Sad. America goes back to work and they go bankrupt....

Who rules Bartertown?

stateoftheline.files.wordpress.com...

[edit on 17-3-2010 by infolurker]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
My First though is "bible is fulfilling itself." Religion Aside, think Brazil will be safe? Because We are going to have to move somewhere. I do not want to be in New york, Wsh DC (my current residence, Philadelphia), or in those east coast cities should SHTF.

We can get into the big pissing match, but that aside its scary. Both sides have balls of steel, powerful potential allies and vast resources. Not to mention those who will loan both countries money for the war (RothSatan).

Its like they (both Chinese and US Gov't)want the war, they really do.

Australia, Argentina, Brazil,South Africa, Mexico (despite the gangs etc) maybe Spain (im thinking of safe places, please brainstorm with me). Hopefully that place can be warm too.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker

Oh.. Slap on a "FAIR TRADE" Tariff on all "IMPORTED" goods into the U.S. and your Oligarchy is over.... So Sad. America goes back to work and they go bankrupt....

Who rules Bartertown?

[edit on 17-3-2010 by infolurker]

Yea I brought this up in another thread, I think its gonna be the only way to go. Mr. Obama doesnt want to rule China out as a market, but they have made too many of us unemployed. I'm ok with never shipping things to China if we don't have their imports. Good riddance I say.

new topics

top topics

join