It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what's on your mind these days?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I'm really curious to see how people's mindsets are right now. Currently, I am on Spring Break, and truthfully, I've been having too much time on my hands, and have been thinking a lot.

Overall, I would say I am in a very positive mindset, as I now have time for my brain and mind to recuperate since I am on break for 2 weeks.

So, how about you? how are you feeling?

[edit on 17-3-2010 by SolarE-Souljah]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Severe insomnina and anxiety attacks, heart palpitations, increased pain in old wounded leg, crankiness, irritability, deep sense of impending catastrophe.

In short, the usual.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Severe insomnina and anxiety attacks, heart palpitations, increased pain in old wounded leg, crankiness, irritability, deep sense of impending catastrophe.

In short, the usual.

THIS (minus the leg) and a heavy solitude =/

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Kool post..get some stuff off my chest. I need to move..asap..i live in a small boring poor town in the desert...middle of nowhere..the only cool thing about it is, its the hometown of Space Ship II..for the price of just $200,000 you can fly to the moon!! anyways theres no work here and its just way to hot!! also lately i've been depressed and taking meds for anxiety....whats going on am i really going crazy or is it this creepy town? either way..its off my chest

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Everybody needs a good dose of what I see every Tuesday at the hospital.

I have kidney failure and my kidneys don't make the hormone anymore that tells my bone marrow to create red blood cells.

Every Tuesday afternoon I sit in the lobby of the cancer care unit at our hospital waiting to get a blood test and and two very painful Procrit injections.

During the wait in the lobby and the even longer wait in the unit I have seen so many very sick people. Most look like the living dead. Their frail bodies covered in wraps and blankets to help keep them warm.

These people range in age from early 20's to 70's. Most are there for chemotherapy. Many are bald with eyes sunken deep in their heads.

But they still manage to acknowledge my smile aimed at them and return a smile to me.

What is on my mind is the suffering of my fellow humans. It rips my soul apart.

But I am one of the lucky ones, I don't have cancer. I'm just waiting on a kidney donation from a friend or someone that dies so I can live.

I am very thankful to be alive. There are children starving to death, soldiers getting ripped apart in wars and people loosing everything they have and are hopeless and helpless feeling.

My thoughts are not with myself but with those that are suffering.

It's time we quit feeling sorry for ourselves and come to the aid of our fellow humans.

When I hear someone moaning and groaning about trivial things I tell them to quit their bitching, open their eyes and help someone with real problems.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by dizziedame]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Past few weeks i've been abnormally bored, abit unhappy. But it'll pass.

I need to stop being lazy and start learning my php again.
I also need to stop playing team fortress 2.
Those two probably have some connection.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame

Every Tuesday afternoon I sit in the lobby of the cancer care unit at our hospital waiting to get a blood test and and two very painful Procrit injections.

During the wait in the lobby and the even longer wait in the unit I have seen so many very sick people. Most look like the living dead. Their frail bodies covered in wraps and blankets to help keep them warm.

These people range in age from early 20's to 70's. Most are there for chemotherapy. Many are bald with eyes sunken deep in their heads.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by dizziedame]

oh goddamit..... that's it i'm quitting smoking.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

You are correct, I have no reason to complain. My very best wishes for your health and the health of those around you.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
on my mind.. well I have a lot of problems in my life, and i need to fix those because i Have a mission to change the world, or be part of it.

-graduating school, have to make up classes. =study up on behind subjects!

-learn enough spanish to pass my spanish class

-organize my notes, get new supplies, fix my sleep, and make a daily schedule.

-learn my native language, i feel bad about this.

-figure out how i am going to get rest of my service hrs

-have to get my drivers license, and i still don't even know how to drive yet!

-gaining at least 30 lbs, mostly solid muscle, i am underweight seriously

=buy my grocerys and supplements, =money from job or elsewhere.

-get my braces off, yeah i had them for 4 years already.=call my dentist ,lol

-get a cellphone, lol, and make a facebook. and myspace, and other accounts..

-get $, buy my first car, and move out of house

-make up for friends that i haven't seen in years, and bad relationships.

-figure out career job, get in college..

- get a whole bunch of books, videos, articles and study what i want to learn.

-do something big, help out people

-get more songs for my ipod, make my own music, maybe my own documentary someday..

-oh yeah and this year i bought a xbox that i dont even play, it got rrod, and the warranty is expired. lol $hit..

[edit on 17-3-2010 by togetherwestand]

[edit on 18-3-2010 by togetherwestand]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
We all have trivial problems. The body being one of them.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
freakin double post.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by thaknobodi]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
To change the future.

And to enjoy life.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by togetherwestand

If you need help with your spanish class just send me a U2U, I'll be pleased to help a fellow ATSer with his/her homework =) (native speaker with advanced english skills... I really don't know why they said "advanced" when everytime I read my own writing it looks like rubbish hahaha...)

Well... if we go to the extreme, I try not to be sad... but this loneliness is killing me. I don't have a family nor friends near me. I live of the charity of my mom, that lives in another city, in a very, very tight budget (today's lunch: plain white rice). I try to do my best at college but really, when you're most concerned about if you can continue studying or if you're going to have money enough to buy materials... it's very, very difficult.
Also, and for the sake of my career, I keep myself away from my friends... and that surely makes me feel as the only living being of the planet.... I started to cry out of nowhere some hours ago due to loneliness... *rant on* and always, when I do something good for the sake of others, everything is ok. Some days ago I did something very... weird, but for myself! and I still feel like crap...! It seems that I should've been a nun instead of a fashion designer, I really, really want to be happy and feel good but... ah, nevermind *rant over*

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Caggy

Thanks, will talk to you, when i get the chance.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Nice to see this thread coming along nicely!

I agree with a lot of your thoughts everyone. Especially the lonely factor. It's not like I'm dying of loneliness, it's just I want to go off and meet new people and see new things. Anybody have any recommendations of cool places on the western side of America? Here I am on Spring Break. Everyone is off doing epic things, and I have nothing to do.

I have a lot on my mind also. I really think about the future a lot, even though I also do focus on the here and now. My dreams have been very deep, and that has kept me entertained. Since its Spring Break, I can sleep in, so I can dream all I want. That is at least fun.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

In short, the usual.

Ditto. Minus the leg.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
Nice to see this thread coming along nicely!

I agree with a lot of your thoughts everyone. Especially the lonely factor. It's not like I'm dying of loneliness, it's just I want to go off and meet new people and see new things. Anybody have any recommendations of cool places on the western side of America? Here I am on Spring Break. Everyone is off doing epic things, and I have nothing to do.

I have a lot on my mind also. I really think about the future a lot, even though I also do focus on the here and now. My dreams have been very deep, and that has kept me entertained. Since its Spring Break, I can sleep in, so I can dream all I want. That is at least fun.

well..if you have a lot of time 'stimulate your mind' you can check out my thread
'how to spread the word'.

And watch this video, people need to, NEED to see this:Darpa ixo conntrol Grid

if you want to listen to some music i suggest otep, barbastella in batman begins soundtrack, rouska & rammstein, aphex twin, dj zardonic, fat boy slim, apocalyptica, elend, deadmau5, the prodigy.

lol i have a problem staying up late and i have to wake up for school tomorrow (today) at 6am. wtf is wrong with me..

[edit on 18-3-2010 by togetherwestand]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
The notion of free will has been perplexing me lately. I've been thinking a lot about the possibility that the very thought processes involved in what we perceive as conscious decisions on our part, might in actuality be highly complex and difficult to predict but nevertheless deterministic processes beyond our direct control.

I did a thought experiment in which I attempted to DECIDE to think of, or envision, a certain thing; anything. First I decided to imagine something green and fuzzy. But then I realized I hadn't decided that the parameters should be green and fuzzy; those parameters had just popped into my head at random. So then I tried to DECIDE to set parameters that I actually DECIDED to set rather than having them pop into my head.

I couldn't do it!

So it really got me to thinking. There are all these things about us that we think are either 1) just who we are, or 2) things we choose ourselves. But how can we prove that this is the case definitively? If I decide to have cranberry juice instead of orange juice, is that really a choice, or the end result of a deterministic process ultimately beyond my direct control? If I decide to study Mandarin Chinese as I did recently, am I really exercising what we think of as free will, or is it just the juxtaposition of available information, circumstances, and preconditions leading to a highly complex, deterministic scenario that results in that apparent "decision" on my part?

The broader process of "making a decision" and "reasoning" seem to us like they are under our control; as though we can push thoughts around in our mind at our whim. However, the moment to moment functions and interactions that give rise to the minute aspects of those "streams of thought" aren't necessarily something we can either control or even be aware of.

This has also led me to question whether even consciousness itself, at least as we conceive of it, might be an illusion created by an incredibly complex set of scenarios or processes that we are not fully aware of and therefore not capable of really comprehending as they truly are.

I read a bit on Wikipedia regarding various philosophical schools of thought and determinism versus free will as we conceive of it, and discovered that I am not alone in this line of thought. It disturbs be greatly, because I want to know that I have free will as we think of it, but I can't prove that I do irrefutably to my satisfaction, and it really vexes me. And then I realize: I'm not choosing to be disturbed by this. I am, against my ostensibly free will, being made to fee disturbed simply because my brain and the psychological entity we call a "personality" (whatever that REALLY is,) doesn't "like" how it "feels" to consider not being in control.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Thank you for that great contribution to the thread.

I myself have been thinking about the endless possibilities of everything.

Pondering and contemplation are really fun.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I checked my U2U, which has been hidden from the main menu for a long time, and found a warning from someone named donttreadonme. Thanks for the warning. Sorry, but you can contribute with just one line. Ever heard of Twitter? Please delete my account. I have zero tolerance for fools.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by ivorywire]

[edit on 18-3-2010 by ivorywire]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join