It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your views on poltergeists???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Skeptics and believers welcome. I posted this on the metaphysics forum as we won’t get as much of a biased opinion. What are your views on poltergeists? Do they exist? Are there any evidence that can prove them? Personal experiences?

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
they play tricks, hide things that you need and make you feel uncomfortable but never show themselves.....

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I find this explaination closest to what I think is happening.

There has been a phenomenal amount of research into the poltergeist and the general conclusion attributes the reason ‘mostly’ to teenage girls who maybe going through a personal trauma that results in R.S.P.K. or Recurrent Spontaneous Psycho Kinesis. Simply put, this means the poltergeist is not an external spirit, but an internal manifestation of stress and anger or other kind of internal repressed emotion. Eventually the agent expresses these repressed emotions in the form of psycho kinetic energy that causes the classic bangs, crashes and objects being thrown. While this is happening, the agent is unaware that it is actually they who are causing the disturbance and therefore reacts to the situation with as much shock as anyone else would.

link

A few weird things went on in our house when I was a teenager, we never actually saw anything move but stuff would change places when no one was in the room. It became a bit of a joke with us, we used to put things , for example, on the kitchen table last thing at night, tell everyone it was there then all go to bed. In the morning, many times the object would be in the lounge or on the floor. lol

We never had any nasty stuff happen, perhaps because I wasn't scared of it, so my random releases of kinetic energy just moved things around.
It all stopped when I left home.
And started in my own home when my daughter hit puberty

PQ

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Occams Razor. Wouldn’t a poltergeist sound way more believable, then Releasing your own psycho kinetic energy....?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Well to you maybe, but I believe the human brain is capable of much, much more than we know about.

Afraid I don't believe in ghosts.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I cant say I believe in the paranormal, but if you are interested in poltergeists, this is the best documentary on them ive seen. One of the most well documented cases . Something very strange happened in this case, I really cant tell you what I can make of it.

watch it, its a great documentary.
www.veoh.com...#

top topics

join