It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pfizer Employee Claims Company Fired Her After Infection From An Engineered HIV Virus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Pfizer Employee Claims Company Fired Her After Infection From An Engineered HIV Virus

www.popsci.com

A former Pfizer scientist is suing the pharmaceuticals giant after alleging she contracted an artificial, HIV-like, virus created by a colleague. In her lawsuit, Becky McClain claims Pfizer unlawfully dismissed her while she suffered bouts of paralysis brought on by the man-made virus. Pfizer denies these accusations, and says McClain simply didn't come to work, and only linked her problems to engineered-disease exposure after she was fired.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Most likely, we will never know if it is Pfizer's virus that caused McClain's health problems. The court case will focus mostly on safety procedures in the laboratory, not on what exactly from the lab caused the illness. Also, Pfizer refuses to release the genome of the suspected virus, preventing both identification of the disease, as well as the development of a possible cure.

Am I the only one disturbed by the very notion that major drug companies are engineering artificial virus's on the level of HIV? If you read the article, Pfizer admits the virus exists but refuses to release the Genome for study.

Contracted Bioweapons development, anyone?

www.popsci.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Ok this does 2 things to me...

1. Confirm what i already kinda knew...manufactured viruses and of course the pre-made vaccines

2. Scare me that we are capable of doing this to eachother...surely humans are not meant to be like this!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

so if you don't have aids you will get a flu type version of it anyway!?.

these people need to die by the hand of their own swords for creating this crap.

research should only be fr the good of man not the worst

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
well, when i was reading the article, i knew people were going to jump all over the concept that pfizer was "creating" viruses and that's proof of their ... diabolical scheming.

i don't find it hard to imagine that all the work that goes on in researching and figuring out how viruses and other diseases work might include synthetic creation of diseases, similar diseases or even various combinations of disease genes. so that's doesn't shock me.

on the other hand, i have about 3/4 of an ounce of faith in the pharmaceutical industry and actually do really believe that their assumed goal (fighting/curing human maladies) is inconsistent with their profit-making obsessions (though, if you desire, you can argue the stockholder argument ... if you really want).

in addition, the institutional leadership of this industry, as with most, is corrupt to demonic levels. so whether i can legitimize their possession of synthetic or natural diseases or not is somewhat immaterial. it scares the bejeezus out of me and i guarantee the concept of releasing "controlled" sickness as a profit-making enterprise has, at the least, been discussed by someone, somewhere behind pharma's closed doors. it's just a question of who that person is.

new topics

top topics

join