It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I was in my room and the bathroom is in the other end of the hall...my dog was at the door and it opened like he was welcomed in...here peered in and went in. The only wind source was from my fan.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
maybe the door was open and he just pushed to come thru

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
no he was on the outside...then I saw the door open in front of him and he stayed still then peered in. I could see him he was on the outside. Sorry for the bad description

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Have you had incidents like this before or this is the first time.? It is the first time then it was nothing.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I had a 'ghost' that opened doors for me...but only when i was carrying my baby.......

has someone died that was paticularly close to your dog?

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Not sure I just moved into this house so really know nothing about it

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Very interesting maybe you should do some research on the house just to see what you come with it.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
that is very strange...ive read somewhere that dogs bark at thin air cuz there are ghosts....but since your dog didnt bark maybe it wasnt a ghost jusy IMO

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Its normal for animals to react to ghostly phenomena. Since he neither barked nor leaped inside as if to welcome someone, I doubt it is the presence of a spook.

I've had doors open myself at times but there was always a logical explanation. Maybe he bumped against it and it bounced back from the frame or a truck drove past and vibrations transmitted from the ground up to your house. If the door was slightly ajar anyway it could result in it appearing to open by itself.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
that might explain it cuz my dog when it touches my door it always jumps back because it moves........no...dogs BARK at ghosts or sppoky things they dont stand still

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I have four dogs and when they feel things they stand up suddenly and star barking to the air around them.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
WEll the door was closed and it opened slowly and fully...my dog stood there fora bit just glaring.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Have you tried EVP? Electronic Voice Printing? We were in Gettysburg for Memorial day and we talked to an author of many of the Gettysburg ghost books. His name is Mark Nesbit. He said that he has had great success using a panasonic voice activated recorder. He asks easy questions and then waits for about four breaths and then asks another question, then waits for about four breaths etc. etc.

Then when he plays back the tape (loudly), he usually gets answers. He said it's easy to tell male from female from demon.

You could always give that a try.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
wow does that evp thing work? ....i heard you need some special equipment to enhance the sound , but i can't remember

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The ghost hunter we spoke with said nothing extra was needed. For EVP he uses the Panasonic hand held voice activated recorder. I am going out this weekend to get one. He said the Panasonic one is more senstive (in his opinion) than the others. I have seen people use bigger more impressive looking stuff. But according to Mike Nesbit, this one should do the trick. I'm going to get one and try it. I'll let you know how it turns out.
I'm really excited about the prospect of success with it.

We have an EMF meter that we bought through a ghost hunter supply place out of Philadelphia (on the internet). That has been fun to use as well. It was under 50$.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The best EVP I ever heard was a tape I heard while we were investigating the Boothbay Opera House. The guy was from the New England Paranormal Assoc. played it and in the background you could hear everyone in the background talking about things that had been going on in the house... It was very informal and the people were sitting about 10 feet from the recorder. All of a sudden you hear this male voice go "HEY" clear as a bell and louder than the other people in the room. They didn't hear it at the time, it needed no enhancement as it was clearer than the other voices. When he played it, it freaked out one of my students so badly she had to leave.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
New England Paranormal Assoc. Are they the folks with Ed and Lorraine Warren? I went to a talk that they gave back around 1990 or so in Connecticut. It was AMAZING. They have a museum with items that they have collected from their ghost hunts. I think they still make 'house calls'.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Not sure.... those two didn't come..but the group was from Connectecut

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
A lot of times, people believe that ghosts will sometimes interact first with animals, or children. But it is probably just something like Pinsky said.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I remember when my son was two, I heard him talking in the living room as if he was having a conversation.... I went in and asked him who he was speaking to... He said his Grampy.... Well both Grampys were and are still alive. So I asked him which one...he said "Not my real Grampy... I just call him that.." At first I put this off as a kid's wild imagination... but I asked him further what they spoke about. Well this two year old starts off talking about how his grampy was a sail maker and he described the equipment they used then...how he was dressed and how different it looked than other folks dressed now. My 2 year old son basically explained the sail making process from the 1800s and hit it right on the nose... So yeah I think kids ARE more open to the paranormal.... oh, and this encounter took place right along that Geisterwegen I described on another thread.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join