It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Highest Frequency you can Hear? 20hz - 20khz Test.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Stopped at 15 for me. Sounded like it was about to go away after 7, but after a few seconds it just got louder. Now my usual ear ringing is even more profound.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Am I the only one here who can't hear a darn thing below 200Hz?

Feeling lonely...

Maybe I'll just blame the speakers. On all three PC's I've tried it on.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
heard them all up to and including 19khz.

could not hear 20khz.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by Gakus]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by tappy

Hey tappy.

Maybe one of the pro's on here can upload a proper sound file for us.

I wouldn't be too worried, it obviously depends on what quality of speakers and equipment you have... so don't feel bad or get worried just yet.

Have a look on the web if you can find other sound files below 200hz...and get back to us. If I'm not mistaken there are a couple of links further back in the thread.

I have to go for a bit, but when I return I will see if I can find one for you and u2u you the link.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I lost it at 15Khzt the lower tones made me uncomfortable. I'm 39

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

What has just happened to me? That was mental! I heard up to about 15-16 khz, maybe 17 at a push. Sooooo, could this thing do some serious damage to, oh lets say....a cat? Just a hypothetical question of course Also, was anyone else expecting something scary to jump out at them at some point?

Hey! Good to see your face in here.

Is there a cat you are not very fond off?
Made me think of that song from Presidents....

Someone else did mention that they were affraid a scary face might just pop up.
You know what they say, "fear, is the mind killa"

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by greenovni

I lost it at 15Khzt the lower tones made me uncomfortable. I'm 39

I find it fascinating that most who have replied to the thread have had the same experience.....

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
This was a fun test! I could hear it from 40hz up to 20 khz and then it was gone!

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
i fell off right at 19k

whats great is the background noise that forms from what i assume is the frequency being echoed into lower and lower frequencies.

funny how when 10k rolled around, that background echo seemed to plummet. reminds me of how when you see someones wheels spinning backwards while they drive.

ive always had perfect vision and hearing. could always read the bottom line from 20feet.

my hughesnet router and the automatic doors at kroger in savannah, ga both make me angry (some tvs too), because all i hear is piercing high frequencies. the kroger's door can be heard from 4 blocks away, and most people dont even notice it!

i wonder how many of these frequencies are being pumped at people daily and they dont even know it. kind of like what is going in front of your face in infrared light that you dont know about.

edit: 20hz to 19k age: 26 the lows didnt make me uncomfortable, reminded me of a diesel truck

[edit on 3/18/2010 by mahtoosacks]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwynniver
This was a fun test! I could hear it from 40hz up to 20 khz and then it was gone!

You may want to read the last page and review your findings

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

Hey, thanks for your reply

I've had a hunt around and found this:

homerecording.about.com...

It has downloadable tones of different frequencies. I tried it and the lowest one I could hear was the 100Hz one. (Going back and trying your original video on this thread, I realised I could hear shortly the '200 Hz' came on the screen so maybe that was about 100 too) Not too bad after all, maybe

Anyway, this new link might be worth a look for anyone else on here too.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I'll have to try this at home with my decent speakers, the cheap £5 set I have here at work are difficult to hear anyway, but with them I could only hear anything from just below 70hz up to about 14khz!
I'm almost 32

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
why don't you get higher than 30? And if so what does it mean if you got to 300? I stopped at 300 because it was nauseating. But i am one of those goin "do your hear that high pitch?" sand i'm sadly always the one.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by tappy

Awesome! Thanks for taking the trouble to find it. Bookmarked the page.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost artistic
why don't you get higher than 30? And if so what does it mean if you got to 300? I stopped at 300 because it was nauseating. But i am one of those goin "do your hear that high pitch?" sand i'm sadly always the one.

are you talking about Hz or Khz? The human hearing is more or less between 20hz to 20KHz.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by lost artistic

I stopped at 300 because it was nauseating.

Try and skip past it. There was a point when the higher frequencies made me feel I wanted to go through the roof but it passed very quickly. You will notice it gets softer the higher you go. Maybe try and skip to about 14khz. See how that goes.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

Haha, although there is a particular cat I am not fond of (I'm sure he's plotting my downfall) it's more of a problem with cats as a whole, I just don't trust them
I'm buying myself the biggest damn boom-box I can find and getting a copy of that tape, they wont know whats hit them!

'Fear is the mind killa'......and you can't spell 'fear' without 'ear'
The plot thickens!

[edit on 05/08/2009 by LiveForever8]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by tappy

Mmm, on that one I could very easily hear 20hz to 20000hz.

A bit too easy, is that one legit?

[edit on 18-3-2010 by Point of No Return]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I'm over 60 and could hear 30Hz up to around 14kHz with cheapish headphones. I'm sure everyone would detect down to 20Hz with the subwoofer plugged in (or more precisely feel it in your bones) and a ribbon tweeter would bring out the higher frequencies more clearly.

Always had good hearing and as a teenager I found the horizontal oscillator in early CRT TVs distressingly loud and that's 15.625kHz here in Oz.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101
reply to post by SalkinVictory

Nice fun test to do but this test IMO is unvalid because:
1. It's a YouTube video (YouTube has BAD audio capabilities.)
2. You would need a fairly quite room to concentrate on the tones. (Doesn't have to be perfect.)
3. People need proper linear speakers for this. Some speakers can't even play that tonerange. (If it can, then fine.)
4. Acoustics play a BIG PART. If your room is shaped in a certain way, tones can become dim and others can be louder. (My room has that problem.) Solution = Sound absorbers. But I'm guessing that when you heard the youtube video, the sound went up and down in volume, no?

3. It's a YouTube video (YouTube has BAD audio capabilities.)!!

Yeah, I get you.
There is another site my boyfriend uses for this, but they only had 3 frequencies available out of the dozens that were displayed.

I agree, the volume does vary, sounds as though it goes up & down.

Our lounge acts like a huge bass bin if we close all the inter leading doors, it's fun to hear the difference in sound when you open & close them!

Your input is much appreciated. I'm sure it makes those who can't hear the higher frequencies feel a bit better.

So, thanks!

Wow, I actually didn't know that about the lungs. I'll have to give that one a try for sure! But yes, I understood how it could act as a Bass attracter!

Haha, let's hope they do, a lot of people here feeling bad now cause they can't hear anything

Just to let everyone know! It's most likely the video, NOT YOUR EARS! (:

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join