It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Highest Frequency you can Hear? 20hz - 20khz Test.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Just to clarify, can you hear cell phone conversation? Just to understand !

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I could start hearing from 40Hz and up to 17kHz. Very intriguing test, indeed. Makes me wonder what all instances of sounds I am missing out on, and where they may be coming from!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
No. I can hear the towers. They make a very high pitched sound. Very high. Like malfunctioning electronics, but higher.

Originally posted by scooterstrats
reply to post by Aeons

Just to clarify, can you hear cell phone conversation? Just to understand !

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Started to hear something about 7 seconds after the 20hz graphic flashed.
I heard all the way up to 18khz.
Kinda shocked at that ... considering I went to rock concerts just about every week from age 17 to age 29, most times was partying right up front close to the stage, with the speakers blaring point blank.
Then ran a tavern with very loud live music for a few more years ...hmm. I guess it must be true what they say .... you only hear what you want to hear. Which brings up the next bit ...

I think this is where I should apologize to old girlfriends ... Um ... Sorry.
I guess I did hear ya after all.

Do I really hafta say my age??
Kidding!!
Proud to have survived on this rock for the last 52 years this Saturday (3.20.58)

With my hearing still intact, apparently.
Who knew?

Oh .. Edit to say very cool test!

[edit on 3/17/2010 by LatentElement]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101
PS.
If anyone can direct me to that 62htz sound file, I would be really grateful.

Here's 30 seconds worth in .mp3 format. Created with Audacity, a free digital audio editor.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I wasn't sure what I was supposed to be listening for in the beginning so I didn't hear anything distinct until about 40-50Hz
... lost it around 15-16kHz

i'm 26

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Interesting. Now all we need is a "what's the highest frequency you can see" test...

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this hearing test! About 10 yrs ago I slipped on the ice and hit my head, and have been hearing a "high frequency" ever since. Now I know which one, it's 4 khz!

So I could hear the test from 20hz up to 6 khz. which I guess is not very good. I'm 59

As far as being physically affected, I don't think I was, but at 100hz I had to turn the volume down because it seemed like it was too loud. Right now, my hearing seems to be in a state of shock for listening to frequencies that high!

My husband says I can't hear bees buzzing. We went camping and there was a tree full of bees on the flowers, and I didn't hear them until he brought them to my attention.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I'm somewhat certain my headphones are a limiting factor here, as I went from hearing fine on the top end up until about 15khz and it just cut off - I have a hard time believing that's how it really works
At least, I would have expected to hear it fade away instead of just stop. I could hear from the lowest to about 15khz, when it stopped.

I'm fairly certain I have hearing loss from guns and loud music, however. Though I "feel" like I am harder hearing out of my left ear, this test did not indicate that - though I did get an oscillating effect which was interesting.

I had to turn the higher frequencies way down past normal volume (somewhere starting before 200hz) because it became unbearably loud, nearly all the way down.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Also, I have tennitis(sp?) and have a fairly significant ringing in my ears at all times, but it never seemed to match the frequency of the audio in this video. (perhaps that's what happened at 15khz? though I doubt that)

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

geez, 32 and got to 17.. suppose not too bad considering that I have worked in a lot of noisy production places, so I am happy with that still, even my boy aged 5 nearly 6 got to 15. So I guess it depends on what you have done in your life and the environments we have worked around. But do believe the older we get the more everything deteriorate's lol, my parents are proof of that lol. Thanks for posting this, always wanted to get my hearing checked again, been a while

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
15KHZ

19yo

cool vid

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Cool test.

I just tried it - twice to make sure - and each time I couldn't hear anything until 200 Hz, then I stopped hearing it at 10 KHz.

Whoops forgot to say how old I am. I'm 36.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by tappy]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Weird. I've had tinnitus (or at least I assume that's what it is) for well over a decade. I'm now 47 yrs old and my range was ~25hz to ~11.5khz. There has been no shortage of concert-going, city noises, etc., in my history. I'm quite surprised that my hearing is this good.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arkady
I could hear all up to and including 19khz. Does that mean I'm like.....totally psychic or something?

Has anyone tested to make sure that 20khz is really there?? I was listening and it dropped out rather abruptly after 19khz, no minor drop leading up to it... 19 was very loud high pitched and irritating and at 20 it just dissappeared.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by K_OS

I suppose I trust when people say they can hear all the frequencies including 20khz that it is there...I can't even hear 19.

[edit on 23/01/2010 by jinx880101]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Thanks for this, managed to identify that the constant tinitus tone i've heard since I was younger is about 4khz-ish.

I could hear from 20hz til about 10khz and I'm 28, I suspect that the tinitus tone drowns out some of the sounds. Incidently around the 7khz mark it caused my tinitus to go a little odd.

Phoenix

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
30hz to 17-18khz and im 17.

Intresting.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
In shop class back in HS I built a custom cabinet that housed 4 12inch woofers in a twin isobaric box for my car. I had a official test disk with the same test as the video but also let you advance each track for each 10Hz. Basically you can use the feedback to tune your cabinets and find out what frequency causes your license plate to wobble. My ride would clip out at anything below 10Hz but you could feel 10-30Hz real nice. It was tuned for 50-70Hz and you could hear it from far far away even at low volumes.

It is funny to see the comments about the certain frequencies causing weird feelings/nausea and such. I can say that the ladies can find the lower Hz quite pleasurable as I like the deeper bass myself. It was a physical experience to vibrate at 30Hz on the way to school and then shut off the sound and hear the real world.

The loudest ride I have to give props to a cowboy named Travis. He had a single 15 inch Kicker in a 9 cubic foot sealed box in a small hoopty. Hotel California by the Eagles would vibrate anything set on top of his car at least 5-6 inches into the air.

As for the sine wave you tube video, I could hear it from the start to about 17-18 kHz. I don't trust the highs to my speakers or over the fan from the computer. Dogs will go nuts if you play this loud enough. You can easily drive through a neighborhood rocking a 1 kHz and up sine wave on even a cheap set of aftermarket car speakers and send the hood dogs to howling. If you live in an apartment you can mess with people floors above and below you with the right woofer/speaker box. You might not hear the 25Hz tone but the neighbor down the hall might have a clock on his wall that might be going nuts or the silverware might be vibrating out of control. Tesla did some cool stuff with low frequencies almost bringing down a steal framed multi story building once with a hand held device.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Owww. my ears^^

i could hear from 40 Hz to 14 mhZ (which was torture^^)

Edit to add age, which is 36 earth standard years

[edit on 18-3-2010 by Dynamitrios]

[edit on 18-3-2010 by Dynamitrios]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join