It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airline Crew Face Jail In Dubai Over Sexy Texts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Airline Crew Face Jail In Dubai Over Sexy Texts

www.nytimes.com

DUBAI (Reuters) - Two Emirates airlines cabin crew have been ordered jailed for three months in Dubai over sexually explicit text messages, the latest in a string of indecency cases against foreigners, a newspaper reported Wednesday.

The paper said the case emerged after the flight attendant's husband filed a lawsuit against his wife a year ago accusing her of being in an illicit relationship with her supervisor. It said the couple had been embroiled in a divorce battle since 2007.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Here you have an Indian filing a divorce suit against his wife in India. He highlights text messages between his wife and her supervisor which occurred in Dubai and the Dubai government is going to throw these folks in Jail?

The behavior was by definition private. No one knew of it nor were any local mores publically violated. Dubai has a majority foreign, e.g. western population. Are e-mails now to be reviewed?

Funny how a country with some of most modern infrastructure in the world (all built by foreigners) is still in the stone age.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

He highlights text messages between his wife and her supervisor which occurred in Dubai and the Dubai government is going to throw these folks in Jail?

So I take it there is no infringement of privacy issue going on here? That sounds like a nest a worms right off the bat. I mean, what right did the husband have of searching his wife's phone messages anyway?

Not saying what she did was right, but, my point being, I think we're trying to judge this whole issue with such a Western mind set it's going to be like trying to pound round pegs into square holes.

EDIT TO ADD:

And that seems to be to root of the problem...

...raising concern that their emirate's rapid pace of growth is a threat to their social and religious identity in what remains a deeply conservative region.

Dubai is going to have to make up their minds - suck it up and take the cash and put up with the sin (as they see it) - or loose money and keep up trying (in vain) to prosecute those who visit their area and share their love for sun, but not their love for their strict religious code.

Guess what will win.

Sadly, the cash.

peace

[edit on 17-3-2010 by silo13]

new topics

join