It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom Sues Cable Network:My Baby Wont Breastfeed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Mom Sues Cable Network:My Baby Won

blog.sarcasmsociety.com

In a snafu, a major cable network accidentally beamed previews of adult shows onto kids programming. This has resulted in a lawsuit, which is something the network expected; however, the allegations and damages being sought came as a surprise.

“Mrs. Bobbie S. Agsia is asserting that while watching a children’s show with her infant, the adult programming came on showing women with unnaturally immaculate breasts, which has now resulted in her child refusing to breastfeed since her own breasts cannot compete with the ones flashed on the children’s television show,” said Mrs. Asia’s a
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-3-2010 by Wondering302]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Hello ATS, I just thought this was funny and ridiculous! I think this woman may be a little off her rocker, but that's just my opinion. Does anyone else find this crazy? Her child is an infant ad I doubt the momentary flash of nice boobs stopped him from breast feeding. The funny thing is that the cable company expected lawsuits for the mistake but nothing this crazy.

blog.sarcasmsociety.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The infant would not have the cognitive skills to associate the TV breasts with the Mommy breasts in the way it is being suggested. If it does, the baby should not be breast feeding anyway.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I agree, I wish the article had more details about the incident and the woman's mental health

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wondering302

Hello ATS, I just thought this was funny and ridiculous!

This isn't ridiculous at all...

A mother is breastfeeding her child.
Against her will she's subjected to viewing the 'perfect breast'...

Now, along with experiencing postpartum depression and hormonal changes she feels most inadequate and if nothing else tenses up.

Her breast milk - in an instant - stops flowing due to her hormonal change and her feelings of inadequacy.

Nothing unusual there.

On to her child.

It's a known fact that lactating mothers - their milk will *drop* in hearing a babies cry - even if that child is not their own.

No reason why it couldn't happen the other way around - that the baby stops nursing feeling Moms tension, even if the tension is not the child's.

Mom feels threatened, she stiffens up, the baby senses this, reacts, Moms milk goes 'sour' and baby will not feed.

Perfectly understandable... Punto.

I hope she wins her case.

peace

[edit on 17-3-2010 by silo13]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
ADDED NOTE:

• Reaction to stress!

Some babies will respond to negative stimuli by refusing to nurse. This stress may be caused by siblings vying for your attention during nursing, a change in environment (such as travel to a new place or moving to a new house), your overreaction to being bitten, or stress in your life.

Breast is Best

It's not a long step to take to go from these examples to a new mother who already feels so hormonally out of balance and not quite herself, with engorged milk heavy breast to FREAK when she sees the perfect pair. Thus baby goes on a *milk strike*.

Again, I hope she wins.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

“My child thinks I am a monster!” said Mrs. Agsia, sobbing.

how can that be? how can this child know that larger breasts have more milk and what monsters look like? wouldn't the idea of a MONSTER be scarier than breasts that look bigger?

I know nothing of what you described, it may or may not be true, but it seems she is blaming the child. nothing to do with her milk flow.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
This article is written by a spoof site, like The Onion.

Non of the stories on it are real. They are jokes, sarcasm, as the site proclaims.

In fact, the author of this quite funny piece calls themself Sarcasmo.

Babies do not care about the visual element of breasts. They care about the smell, the feel, and that sweet milk that's part of Mummy.

Of course once they get older . . .

My 4 year old daughter, not long having been weaned, embarrassed the hell out of me by leaning over to the the very large woman sitting opposite us and stroking her huge bosom. She told this lady: "you have beautiful breasts. They are the biggest ones ever!" Her innocent brown eyes were radiant with awed admiration.

Luckily this lovely lady was sweet enough to take the comment in the spirit in which it was intended.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jaden_x

how can this child know that larger breasts have more milk and what monsters look like? wouldn't the idea of a MONSTER be scarier than breasts that look bigger?

Unless I read the article wrong, it said nothing about BIGGER breasts.
It said 'immaculate' breasts.

Quick note here - bigger breasts have nothing to do with milk production in humans unlike our bovine friends. I donated gallons of milk to premature infants when I had a almost B cup.

Anyway.

Mom is stressed.
She'd feeling inadequate.
She's still got her baby flab.
She's got breasts from hell - they hurt, they're engorged, they now have fat blue veins (in a lot of cases) and they probably (at this point) have stretch marks. EEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!!!

She sits down to nurse the light of her life and woo-hoo she gets flashed with a pair of babes, errr rather, Boobs from Toyland.

What mom wouldn't feel her hormones get in a scrunch!

So, again, she tenses up, her milk stops flowing, baby sweetie feels it all and stops nursing.

Nothing at all unheard of here - and NOTHING TO LAUGH AT.

I hope she wins.

YAY FOR MOMS WHO USE THEIR BREASTS! THAT'S WHAT THEY'RE THERE FOR!

[edit on 17-3-2010 by silo13]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Perhaps this baby has simply acquired a taste for silicone ???

haha, theres nothing wrong with the baby, but there's something mentally wrong with the mother, .... let's face it, if a pair of breasts on TV is going to turn her world upside down then I don't know how the hell she's going to survive in the real world.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

let's face it, if a pair of breasts on TV is going to turn her world upside down then I don't know how the hell she's going to survive in the real world.

You bring a baby into the world after being *fat* for months on end and then fight the raging hormones while trying to do the right thing and give your baby your own breast milk - knowing our boobs are ruined forever - and all the while come out of the whole experience dry eyed and I'll give you a medal.

Remember, this is the best time and the worst time in a woman's life and nothing to judge unless you've been there...

And do NOT underplay the ramifications of hormones.

peace

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wondering302

Not sure if anyone can tell me.

but is the sarcasm society a trusted news source? just looks like a blog to me...

I don't see any links on their site pointing to an original story (I may have overlooked it, but I though I look carefully enough).

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Arcane Demesne

I'm actually not sure of that. I assumed it was, but I KNOW better than to assume anything I read on-line. So, it was probably a mistake on my part. I will do a google search an see if anything else pops up.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Quick note here - bigger breasts have nothing to do with milk production in humans unlike our bovine friends. I donated gallons of milk to premature infants when I had a almost B cup.

Very true.
I couldn't fill a training bra when I had my first. I had a boyish chest with inverted nipples, and was told by nurses I'd never be able to breast-feed.

It didn't take long for them to start collecting my spare milk and to appreciate my obvious ancestry from a long line of Jersey heifers.

By the way Silo, You realise this article is from a joke site, do you?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Mom should fix the oranges in socks and get a boob job I guess.

Where's the ACLU when you need them, babies have rights too.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Maybe that female should make her own video and broadcast it to her kid. When the kid see it, he will want that. Problem solved both Mom and kid happy

[edit on 18-3-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
Maybe that female should make her own video and broadcast it to her kid. When the kid see it, he will want that. Problem solved both Mom and kid happy

[edit on 18-3-2010 by December_Rain]

Teaching through television....I think you're on to something here..

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I'm surprised Xuxa never faced such a lawsuit....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b5e51acd9135.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

join