It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Dept says it cannot stop genocide resolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

By *** (AP) – 1 hour ago WASHINGTON — A U.S. congressional resolution that would recognize World War I-era killings of Armenians by Ottoman Turks as genocide could go forward despite opposition from the Obama administration. Assistant Secretary of State Philip Gordon told reporters there is no deal with Democratic congressional leaders to block the resolution. That contradicts earlier claims by the State Department.

source

Originally i thought of posting this 'headline' here: www.abovetopsecret.com... and point out to the 'irony' of a really poor choice of words by the incautious reporter (that's why i edited out his name); but not to derail that thread i started this one. And felt this mistake by the reporter was important (funny) enough to share.

If i failed to make myself clear, the article doesn't matter (hinc et nunc) but its title. Ironic at the least, especially considering most atser's current state of mind.

...btw, to conform with skunkworks` forum rules i must ask this, even when i don't quite stand behind it: Is this an insider leak?

ps the probability of its author to realize his imprudence and change the original trigger happy headline is very likely.

edit: formats

[edit on 17/3/2010 by maoklein]

new topics

join