It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the true meaning of peanut butter jelly time?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Hello BTS. Do you see this thing I have but am clueless to what it means or its symbology. I tried to do a search on the right corner box but didn't find anything useful about it. I remember seeing an episode of family guy that had the dog Brian do a dance but got no more info after that so out of curiousity what the hell does peanut butter jelly time mean and do I really want to know about it or is it something dreadful or joyful?

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Ah well, if I must-

Stayin' safe over there I see?

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Oh yes and thanks for the clip. I knew I heard that from family guy just needed some confirmation.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Peanut Butter Jelly Time is a "Booty House" song produced by DJ Chipman from The Buckwheat Boyz.

It is speculated that the song is referencing a car with a purple paint job, brown leather interior, and wood grain steering wheel & trim. The peanut butter is the brown leather interior, the jelly is the purple paint job, and the baseball bat is the wood grain steering wheel & trim. DJ Chipman continues to say "now there he go," and "where he at," throughout the song, referring to the person driving this car.

The song was used for an internet meme on Albino Black Sheep, created by Ryan Etrata, and inspired by Kevin Flynn. The meme featured a dancing banana shaking maracas, including "IT'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!," in yellow text.

After the success of the meme, Family Guy featured a skit where Brian tries to cheer up Peter by performing the song in a banana suit.
That Family Man show ripped off Ryan Etrata by doing their own version of the Peanut Butter Jelly Time song.
The Urban Dictionary

I hope this clears up this phenomenon for you... Just think of it as Macarena for the first decade of the 21st Century....

[edit on 17-3-2010 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Thanks for the 411 on the JR. Now I can sleep at night knowing what its all about. Also does your sometimes not move or stops dancing because mine does.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!

Also does your sometimes not move or stops dancing because mine does.

Sounds like a personal problem to me. :shk:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

that does sound wrong in a few ways:shk:. I guess you made a
out of me with that one.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
LoL!

I can't believe I just went through this thread, videos and all.

But my 7 year old did ask me this question just the other day and I had no idea what to tell him.

So thanks. I think...

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The new and improved....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/68021148f4b5.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I cannot believe there is an actual explination for this...

I love it though :-p

ALOT less annoying to than that stupid motorcycle frog and the myriad songs that were mixed off of it...what many don't know is that the sound for the frog animation was ripped off of the original where there was simply a race car and the noises...amazingly I am somehow off topic in THIS thread :-p

-Kyo

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder
The new and improved....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/68021148f4b5.gif[/atsimg]

Why can't my do that. Maybe it needs more :bash: and for some good motivation.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Thankyou for posting this thread, up until now I was completely clueless about what peanut butter jelly time meant too. One of my friends went to america for 3 months during the summer and since she came back she randomly has it on her fb status.. I was most confused. Whats even more confusing is why its called jelly when its essentially jam. But thats a whoooooole other subject.

Also, the video with the fat kid really disturbs me, it looks like something off the exorcist. :shk:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Until now, i had never heard this before...

So glad I now have more useless information to clutter my mind...

Funny vids.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

That gives me an idea for a new thread but I don't know if it is too extreme for BTS to handle. Guess I will find out soon enough.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle
Thankyou for posting this thread, up until now I was completely clueless about what peanut butter jelly time meant too. One of my friends went to america for 3 months during the summer and since she came back she randomly has it on her fb status.. I was most confused. Whats even more confusing is why its called jelly when its essentially jam. But thats a whoooooole other subject.

Also, the video with the fat kid really disturbs me, it looks like something off the exorcist. :shk:

I was thinking the same thing about the fat kid. Im surprized a child of that size can dance like this.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Id happily bet £6 and my cliff richard DVD that shortly after that was filmed he keeled over and died. Shame. At least his last moments were happy one's.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle
Whats even more confusing is why its called jelly when its essentially jam. But thats a whoooooole other subject.

jelly- noun

a food preparation of a soft, elastic consistency due to the presence of gelatin, pectin, etc., esp. fruit juice boiled down with sugar and used as a sweet spread for bread and toast, as a filling for cakes or doughnuts, etc.

jam- noun

a preserve of whole fruit, slightly crushed, boiled with sugar: strawberry jam.
Both from dictionary.com

Not the same at all...

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

It depends what side of the atlantic you're on. i.e. in the UK jelly = jello, jam = jelly... and as far as I know jam is still jam wherever you go.
Same goes for pants really. Pants here are underwear, not trousers/jeans etc.
But yea, one's made with fruit juice, the others made with fruit juice & pulp.. as different as night and day clearly.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The difference is that I much prefer jam. :3 I like smooth peanut butter, though. Peanut butter and banana is the best, though, speaking of bananas. I would be scared if they danced, to be honest...

Also, I was not aware it was called jello! My British friend never referred to it as that. You learn something new each day...

top topics

join