It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another $2.2 billion for AIG “Arrogance. Incompetence. Greed.”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Why is this not all over MSM? Rhetorical question people.

How dare you ask for your money back!

www.cnbc.com...

This year, more Americans and businesses may be asking: Where's my tax refund?

U.S. taxpayers will continue to bail out these scumbags!! While state and local communities struggle and ultimately will raise taxes.

www.businessweek.com...

March 17 (Bloomberg) -- American International Group Inc., the insurer rescued by the U.S., drew $2.2 billion more from a Treasury Department facility to bolster property-casualty units that will be the core of a scaled-back company.

Wouldn't it be great to get a nice fat bonus, for screwing up.

www.truthout.org...

AIG planned to pay out about $100 million in bonuses Wednesday to many of its employees who worked in a division of the firm that was largely responsible for the insurance giant's spectacular meltdown.

This recovery is for the fatcats, the rich are recovering just fine, the middle class will continue to pay for it.

moneynews.com...

State and local governments also will need to raise taxes to make up for lost revenue.

"It's just becoming evident now," Chris Hoene, director of research for the League of Cities, told CNBC. "It's very sobering."

State and local governments have seen a 13 percent drop in revenue over the last three quarters, according to the Rockefeller Institute of Government.

"We haven't bottomed yet," Ray Scheppach, executive director of the National Governors Association, told CNBC.

Have we had enough yet??

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
So when they can't get it on their own they crawl back to the FED. and the Fed. will rape the taxpayers just a little more for their "too big to fail" cronies, after all we already sunk so much money into them we can't back out now.

insurancenewsnet.com...

New doubts surface over AIG s $2.2 billion Nan Shan deal

I wonder why they need exactly $2.2 billion???

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
meanwhile school districts across the country are giving teachers pink slips. places like KC, Detroit, Ill. and California are losing thousands of teachers and the education system takes a crap, the wars continue and the rich get richer...

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

I have read quite a few of your posts in ATS, I know you've been around the block
as have I. You said it "the rich get rich".

C-man

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
This is a big scam and a half, isn't it.

The bankers are scared.

They're scared, I know it.

They're trying to milk us for whatever they can though and times will continue to be painful.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Here is another great interview by Elizabeth Warren on Charlie Rose , I am sure you will like it :
Elizabeth Warren : by the end of this year half of commercial real estate loans will be under water :

economycollapse.blogspot.com...

Elizabeth Warren : 2988 banks that by the terms of their own regulators are too concentrated in commercial real estate , these are the medium size banks , by the end of this year half of commercial real estate loans will be under water , and they are coming up for reset in 11 , 12 and 13 , this is a bad problem anyway , think about that , nearly 3000 banks out of a total of 8000 , it is the very banks that do small business lending who are about to get sucked in the nose on real estate , commercial real estate loses ...we are seeing banks that do not want to lend because they see every dollar that comes in the door and say "I got to hold on it to try to fill my commercial real estate hole ..or else I will be gone "
Elizabeth Warren : I am afraid , I am afraid because of what I see in the real economy , I am afraid because I do not see books that are clean , balance sheets that have been cleaned up ......

top topics

join