Golf Is NOT A Sport And Tiger Woods SUCKS!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I hate golf. I abhor it. The only reason it is popular is so guys can get away from their significant other(s) and get drunk.

There is no skill involved. Hit a tiny ball while everyone is quiet, wow, how difficult. Tell that to baseball players trying to hit a 100 mile hour fastball thrown at their head with the crowd screaming at unreal decibel levels. They walk around, don't even carry their clubs and get paid millions for a "game", I use the term very loosely as I don't consider it a game

As far as this Tiger guy goes, why? WHY is he so damned popular? He has the personality of a dumber than dumb bag of rocks and all he does is play golf. He frakking won a tournament on one leg, how is that even a athletic event? For those who think he is so great, consider the guy has made a BILLION dollars and refuses to tip. This is also the a-hole that made his mistresses fly coach on the same plane he was flying first class on. He wouldn't even help one girl he was frakking with a couple thousand dollars that she needed. The guy is lower than low and gets all this adoration.

I can only hope he goes away, sometime soon. I would say worse but I don't want the guy to die, just go away. Listening to him talk is worse than nails on a chalkboard as he has no personality. His wife must be dumber than dumb also as she married this idiot and is sticking with him after he frakked half of the chicks available on this planet.

I never cared about him while he was at Stanford and everyone thought he was going to be the next big thing. I never cared about him in the PGA, the Professional God-awful "sport" Association. I still have no desire to ever see the guy or hear his name, ever again, for the rest of my life.

Screw him. Screw golf. I would never waste a good walk by trying to hit a little ball around for no reason at all. If I want to play a game, a real game, I'll get some friends together(if I had any, but that's moot) and play some baseball. A game with actual skill needed to play, with actual running and jumping.

You know, a sporting event. A actual one. Not this farce of a game called golf. How the hell there is even a golf channel is disgusting. 24/7 golf, what a joke. Anyone who watches golf, IMO, should have thier head examined by a good doctor as I would rather watch, oh, ANYTHING? Reality television sucks balls and is far and away more interesting than golf. I have never watched golf in my life and will never have the desire to as it is not a sport played by athletes. If so, then please ex[lain to me John Daly? If that guy is a athlete then I am God.

I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired of Tiger and golf. I'll never understand the attention the brain dead Tiger gets and the endless fascination with such a stupid thing as golf. I am also glad that I don't dress like a frakking fool so there is no way they will let me near a golf course(not that I would even try). I refuse to put on clothes like what is required to go go golfing. I could never stoop that low, it is anathema to me to dress that way anyway(I'm not one who believes the clothes make the person - WHO FRAKKIN CARES?)

There is no way anyone can convince me golf is a game or better yet, a sport. I cannot believe this. I don't care about it at all and I am a huge fan of sports. Real sports, that is, which golf is NOT!

Phew, I feel so much better. I don't expect anyone to agree with me( and being as it's in BTS no one will probably even see this thread) but it feels good to get that out.

EDIT for bad spelling, again. I can't type very well.

[edit on 3/17/2010 by TheLoony]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
No skill?

Obviously you've never picked up a golf club.

Now, I'm not saying golf is a sport, but it takes lots of skill.
It takes lots and lots of practice and patience.

Tiger Woods made a mistake, well, repeated mistakes. I don't agree with what he did to his wife and family, however, it's really none of our business, in my opinino.

Tiger is a great golfer and I can't wait for him to play again. I will root him on and hope he is victorious.

BTW, if ya wanna try golf, gimme a call, I love to play.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
You want to see some golf skillz in action?

Take notes

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

I just don't see it. I cannot understand this "game", hitting a little ball into a cup. There is nothing exciting about it, to me, that would make me want to watchit or better yet, play it.

We will just have to disagree on this one. I'll never get it.

JacKatMtn, isn't Barkley great? That swing of his is horrid, makes me laugh every time I see it. What is with that hesitation? Even I could do better and I haven't held a golf club since I was a child trying to make one through the windmill.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Definitely a swing better not tried at home..

On topic, that was quite the rant
Usually those kinds of rants are reserved for those who want to play golf but just can't grasp the skill needed to go from point A to point B, haven't seen one quite as fierce from someone who doesn't play the game.

try missing a 3 foot putt, 3 times in a row

As for Tiger, always amazed at what he has done on the course and in Major tourneys, just never rooted for the guy, I like the underdogs.

but Spring is here! and that means the sport you have passion for is ready to start a new season..

PLAY BALL!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I just needed to get that off my chest. I watch too much ESPN and all they seem to talk about is Tiger and I'm so sick of him I do want to vomit. Endless, over and over, it never stops. One would think he owns ESPN as he gets so much dap from them it's sickening.

The tourney is starting, baseball is about to start, the NBA and NHL are getting close to the playoffs and all I have heard about, for the most part, is Tiger.

Like I said, the guy is about as exciting as a bowl of rice( at least you can eat the rice) but he's a good golfer. So that means we have to forgo all the other sports because Tiger is coming back. I'm not the only one, I'm sure there are two or three others who feel the same way in America, and I am sick of pushing all the other things going on in the world of sports just because some idiot golfer is coming back from problems he created, problems which make me think even less of him as a human being than I did before.

One thing I am glad for is the invention of the DVR. Now, most times I can pause the show, wait until they are done with this Tiger nonsense, then pick it back up. That way I don't have to hear more of this story than I have to but it still is something I cannot understand. I just don't get the game of golf, never have, and I've been following sports for thirty some odd years now. It never has come off to me as a sport and I guess I'll just never see it that way.

My opinion, LOL! Like everyone else, I have one(also that hole in the rear end, which I have been known to talk out of at times). Doesn't make me right, just makes me me. Whoever that is.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Can definitely feel your pain there my friend...

Enough with Tiger, the Masters isn't for a few weeks, and like you said there are more important sports related topics happening right now..

NCAA Tourney, NASCAR race at Bristol, Baseball ready to fire up, NHL closing in on the playoffs, NFL draft coming.. etc etc..

to spend more than 1 minute on the news that Tiger is going to play at Augusta is making alot of folks angry I would suspect, that's why I don't watch ESPN anymore..

I am glad you were able to get this off your chest.

Have a Wonderful DAY !!

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I wouldn't go so far as to say there is no skill involved. But it is definitely not a sport; it is a game. Just like poker is a game, but it also involves skill. Any pastime in which the participants can be competitive well past their 50s is a game. Like curling, crokinole, cribbage, golf, darts, billiards, NASCAR, etc.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by TheComte]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Ok....

1. There is a lot of skill involved, I tried this once, in 18 holes I hit one drive straight.

2. Tiger Woods ROCKS.

On a side note, as far as his infidelity goes, he is a billionaire, and I have seen some of the chicks he was getting on the side, and I just have to say, props man, props.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Given the amount of temptation that Tiger faced I do not believe any man can truthfully say they could have resisted the things he did.

Golf is one of the few sports you can play alone. It is enjoyed by many because almost any day a golfer can go to the course and play a round, and the walk or drive through the course is good medince.

I don't blame Tiger, he was pressured in to being a golden calf with a family values being a part of that. I hope the witch doctors cough i mean psycologist he has been seeing haven't neutered him. He is one of the few people who can play a golf course the way golfers imagine they can hence his untouchable tournament record.

As a golf fan I can only hope Tiger's fall out has helped him rededicate himself to the game we all enjoy and he'll be back better than ever.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

There is a lot of skill involved

Lot of skill involved in Tiddly Winks but I don't see that as a sport.

Watch, someone is going to find a clip of the World Tiddlywinks Championship and show me I'm wrong LOL!

I guess I'll never understand the appeal of golf. To me, there are better things to do with my time. I guess I said that in my OP, so I'm being repetitive now.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Well, I don't see basketball as a sport either, but it is. Tiger is good at a game that is quite difficult. So

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Wow, to me running and jumping are two things commonly referred to as "athletic ability" and are cornerstones of being a athlete and basketball is all about that.

Interesting.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony

Wow, to me running and jumping are two things commonly referred to as "athletic ability" and are cornerstones of being a athlete and basketball is all about that.

Interesting.

What is your big problem with semantics? Baseball is certainly less athletic than football, but is it less of a sport?

Stop worrying about words and try it out. Do you enjoy pool? Pool is quite similar to golf in my opinion, with many obvious differences.

And pretty much every "sport" is about getting a ball somewhere, so again, deep breath.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Baseball is less athletic than football?

Are you insane?

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

Er, football? Wasn't even mentioned. I am also not arguing semantics, I just hate golf. Plain and simple. I also do not like pool as when I played I went ten years without ever winning a game. I will never, ever play again. Why do something I don't enjoy and everyone in the world is better me?

Sure, this is a idiotic thread, but it's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. I never said I was totally logical, or even sane for that matter. I still loathe Tiger and golf, I can't help it.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It's more of a sport than say, curling....but then, I can't think of a reason to watch either of them.

Golf is more of a networking skill, than a sport. However, with numerous wins, and millions from it, I'd have to argue that Tiger does not "suck" at it..

He sucks for being such a cad...more than anything else... Amazing he was able to get away with that kind of behavior for so long...he had to know it was only a matter of time...

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
the one time i played golf, i admit, i had a good time. playing it also made me appreciate the skills one needs to have to do it professionally.

it is a sport. same as nascar ( i do not like it) billiards and a few others. not an athletic one. if you were to make them carry their own clubs, sprint between shots, and have a time limit, then that would make make it so in my opinion. also, in my mind, it does get a little too much coverage in my mind. any one here aware that a heavy weight boxing title match is on tonight for example?

on a similar vein, can some one please explain to me, WHY is the freaking DOGSHOW placed in the sports section and even sports illustrated?! lol!

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Ahhhhhhh it burns! I'd rather watch philip rivers throw a football than see charles play golf.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I play Golf at least once a week and after 18 holes I'm pretty tired. you walk a good few miles carrying a bg of heavy clubs up and down a hills. It takes mental concentration for each shot you play, i find it enough exersize. Its also very competitive or you can take the game at your own leisure, maybe take a few beers and a few joints, enjoy the weather. I love it.
I love nothing more than getting into 4 days Golf on TV at the Beautiful Augusta Golf Club for the US masters. the course looks like the Disney Land of Golf courses

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join