It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Did Aliens Find Earth? What are the Chances?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I'd say the chances are tiny. I am much more inclined to believe ufo's(the good cases) are man made. While the size of the universe makes it near impossible imo for intelligent life..or life at all to not exist it also works against any intelligent species finding another. First of all i believe that life is abundant in the universe but that intelligent life is very rare(human intelligence for example) given that it is rare in such vastness you can see how my opinion of aliens not finding us is formed. Then we have to talk about the time spans involved, humans have only been on earth for a small fraction of time in regards to how long earth has been around or how long life has been on it. Couple that with the above and i find it very,very unlikely that aliens have visited earth. And even more unlikely that they have visited when we are on it or complex organisms at all

[edit on 17-3-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

We humans have barely made it to our moon, we've only sent probes as far out as our own solar system and yet already our telescopes are scouring the Universe for exoplanets hoping to find life. It is likely, therefore, that by the time we gain the ability of interstellar travel we will know of thousands of planets similar to Earth.

So if the aliens followed a similar path as ours it would make sense that they would have Earth marked as a planet of interest long before leaving their homeworlds to visit us.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

I understand what you are saying about the atomic blasts being detected as others have stated in this thread and other ones.

What I wonder about is how they could possibly detect a nuclear blast that would be minute in the bigger picture. The sun alone creates a ridiculous number of atomic blasts per second when compared to the size of a single bomb. I know they seem large to us, but you cna go 100 miles away and see no effect, depending on your location, and depending on your location even shorter distances.

How could it be deciphered from all the other atomic explosions that happen every second throughout the galaxy?

I know you can't answer that, but it is just a point of study. To answer it you would have to know the scope of their technology and that is impossile unless you assume we have similar technology.

Maybe if they are millions/billions/- even hundreds of years more advanced technoligically speaking they would have it. Right now could we - with our technology - could we pinpoint an atomic blast the size of one of our bombs on a planet in a different star system? Could we decipher the difference between star/planet radiation and the signatures given off from a nuclear explosion? I wonder how far we are from being able to do this - assuming we can't already?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l
but why earth? any intelligent being would know that Earth is a disaster zone, of war, violence and people ruining their own planet,

This has probably been answered - but I have to jump in.

The involvement of the ETs began before humans on this planet. The ETs, some faction of them, are still in control, behind the scenes. They instigate war, violence and ruin because it divides us. Divide and conquer, y'know.

Money and the power it represents are used to twist us, shape our minds, and promote poor behavior on the part of us humans (their sheep). A solution to this - a modern metaphoric Exodus - is available to the humans now. I have a distilled version of how we can do this here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As well as my book and a related thread (linked in my sig).

Also, The Terra Papers (also linked in my sig) are a good read to grasp some, if not all, of the truth of our being here.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Ok, Im just going to throw something out here and see how it transpires...

People assume that becuase the universe is a lot older than our solar system, that there MUST be other intelligent life thats more advanced than us....thats a fair assumption to make..

however, the universe being "infinte" and all (we can get into that if you really want), means that ANYTHING is possible. The impossible becomes possible.

Now, bearing that in mind, what if we are THE most advances life forms in the universe. I dont believe for a minute that we are the only life forms, but what if we are the most advanced, or the 2nd most advanced, nice and high up the ladder.

That would seem to change everything, we are not alone, yet we are the cream of the crop?? WOW

You cant say its not possible...an example...

Dinosaurs were the dominant species on this planet for 100's millions of years, they evolved, into nothing more than better killers and food gatherers. If it wasnt for the extinction 65 million years ago...mammals wouldnt have got a fighting chance and we wouldnt be here.

Every advance in evolution to a more intelligent species has been via a ELE to get rid of the current dominant species.

Ok, so, lets look at what we HAVE found in the skies so far, no 'real' earth like planets, and the majority of solar systems outside our own that we have found planets consist of numerous gas giants, many which orbit close to thier parent stars.

Gas giants act like a big hoover, gravity pulling in the left over space debris from the solar system forming and making everything a safer place.

So...if the majority of solar systems we have observed up to a few hundred are have mainly gas giant planets, and almost no earth like plants, then, any systems that do have earth like planets are fairly "clean" and thus no ELE's will occur.

Thus life gets stuck with whatever dominant species takes hold...and stays that way.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Who says they found it?

Maybe they "created" it?

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
you know,they probably found us because we are one of the noisiest planets on the outer rim.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
If they're psychic, maybe they found us through the ether. Then again, the more we learn about space-time the less meaning it has. Perhaps we're still thinking in terms of measurements that are meaningless to beings whose technology is rooted in nonlocality.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
When did Aliens become a conspiracy?

Well since time doesnt exist in outer space they have simply had the "time" and resources to actually develope something wich makes them travel through the galaxy in a simple and fast way.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
although i didnt go all threw the thread i'd just like to say that since its possible to tell a planet/star's composition by the light colors it emits i dont see where it would be very hard to find earth with a fast enough computer and some good sensors/telescopes

can only assume aliens would use quantum or faster computers so .. finding earth is easy long as you get close enough to see some starlight from it

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l
Im not a major UFO/Alien conspirator, nor do i now much about the subject, but i call out to you true believers, and people who have knowledge, and interest in these matters,

my question to you is, How Did Aliens Find Earth? the reason i ask, is that humans have found no absolute proof of intelligent life any where else in the Universe, that we know of, the Universe is possibly infinite, with trillions of stars and billions of galaxies, we as humans have only been able to search a hair follicle on the head of the Universe, so what are the chances? there have been reports of UFO's and Aliens for thousands of years, so how did they just happen to come across Earth, a not so big planet, in a not so special solar system,

it would also appear that the out of the Hundreds of thousands of UFO sightings, that they would not all be from the same race, as there have been countless numbers of different types of UFO's and Countless numbers of descriptions of the Creatures/Aliens themselves

it just makes me curious, i know nobody has the exact answer i am looking for, but any help in understanding would be great
thanks

[edit on 3/17/2010 by l neXus l]

Disregarding all the mumbo jumbo inherent in the UFO subject, this isn't actually as hard a problem as it might look.
If scientific speculation be any guide, it is entirely plausible there are tens of thousands of advanced civilizations in our galaxy alone. Just like we are expected to do sometime in the future, a space faring civilization would probably explore and try colonize star systems around their own. This way they/we would sooner or later stumble upon life, even intelligent life, many times. Think of it as a wave of exploration and settlement that sooner or later is bound to reach you.
Note also that even as we speak, we are gathering lots of information about extrasolar planets and their host stars in our extended stellar "neighborhood". Think what a slightly more advanced civilization with huge orbital telescopes for example might find out about other stars without even going there! Also, you can bet most stellar exploration will be done by unmanned probes, manned missions necessary only if the aim for example is outright settlement, implying that any civilization can have a number of relatively cheap exploration missions going on simultaneously.
As for our sun, it is in fact quite a remarkable, indeed "special", little system we inhabit, whatever the worn out text book cliché says. Yellow G stars like ours, with their wide "habitable zones", actually constitute less than 10 percent of the main sequence population. The Sol system also has unusually high metallicity (elements heavier than hydrogen) and a beautiful set of circular, life enabling planetary orbits to boot.
Any interstellar species within a few hundred or so light years away would sure either check us out or stumble upon us pretty soon. "Soon" in this context of course meaning at most a few hundred years down the line from their discovery of practical interstellar propulsion (antimatter, say, or perhaps that dark horse legend: antigravity). If further away, it would in principle only take longer for them to get here.

[edit on 21-3-2010 by Tussilago]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by nethawk
"Who says they found it?

Maybe they "created" it? "

Yep yep yep.

yep yep and yep

Originally posted by 13arrows
you know,they probably found us because we are one of the noisiest planets on the outer rim.

yep yep yes xD so true >D

peace

[edit on 21-3-2010 by MrAnnunaki]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join