It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Menace of Monotony and the Addiction to Anarchy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
This is an open letter to everyone on ATS. I have been glued to ATS this whole year so far hearing everyday that doom is imminent. I became addicted to the idea of anarchy. Why do we want so badly for the world to burn? I think it is because of the menace of monotony. I have become so utterly bored with my life. I go to work and sit in a cube for 8 hours pushing paper. I go home to my wife and kid. (Don’t get me wrong, I love them very much)

BUT I wanted a change. I am too scared to break the mold on my own so I wanted the world to collapse in hopes that maybe my life can take on some new meaning. I had delusions of grandeur that I would be some kind of savior and leader to my family in the anarchy. I know that the world is going to change soon, but I wanted it to happen already even at the cost of lives, just because I am too bored with my uneventful life.

I even gambled on those lives by creating two threads about prophecy that I hoped would happen. They did not, and as sick and twisted as this sounds, I was depressed all day yesterday. I loathed having to come to work another day and push more paper. I kept holding out hope that it was finally going to happen. That what we all know is destined to happen would become a reality. That the world would finally fall and I could go into survival mode. I had actually glamorized the event.

I think everyone on ATS can feel that something is about to give soon, but don’t let the anarchy become your obsession and driving force. I found that I no longer enjoyed anything, and even had a lack of desire for relationships (including my wife). I became depressed that war wasn’t breaking out, people weren’t dying in mass. Death and destruction became my rejuvenation. News wasn’t news unless it was filled with death. I hoped people would die so that I could live different. This is the most sick my mind has ever been.

They say the grass is always greener on the other side, but what are we thinking. The day will come when we all yearn for normalcy. We will reminisce about how we used to have easy jobs, long weekends, and a little spending money at the end of the day. When we have to fight for food and migrate with the resources, we will regret what we now hope for. I have been selfish and black hearted. I don’t want my son to experience hardship. I want him to have all the best things. I want the next generation to have a normal life. Our grandfathers and fathers that saw war fought for our easy lives and we want to now fight for anarchy and hardship. This had become my sickness. I was diseased with doom.

So this is the call to all ATS. Use ATS for what it was meant for. Gain knowledge, Get prepared, and Stay informed, BUT don’t let the darkness of the news consume you. You will miss out on the present waiting with bated breathe for the future. Make today a day of joy, even if we know it’s temporary. Give a homeless man a sandwich. Call someone you have not talked to in a while and tell them you love them. Get to know your kids, while the gettin’ is good. I will not post anymore prophecy threads or hope that destruction rains down. I will stay up with the news and prepare, then live my life. I hope that we all do the same. Enjoy the monotony!!

Prepare For The Worst, Hope For The Best!!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
i agree 100%. i feel like more and more of my therapy sessions are filled with fantasies of society collapsing. kind of sick and twisted. but it feels so... right.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I am all for making a whole paradigm change. It is anarchic yet cooperative.

I describe this world and how we can get there here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Did you grow up in the christian church? I did, and wanting war and disaster and the end of the world is a very christian mindset ironically enough. It's because it's all supposed to signal the return of jesus.

If not then, you are just a person who intellectualy realizes and intuitively senses the incredible wrongness of people going into boxes for eight hours a day while they push thin slices of trees. And you are aware of all the OTHER things in the world that are wrong as well I 'm sure.

And you are really honest to write a thread like this. I like it.

I guess what I'm saying is don't be too hard on yourself for wanting s@#t to hit the fan.

You want it to because it sucks so badly.
Thanks for reminding everyone not to focus on the negative

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I'm with you here. I am about to take a leave of absence from ATS for awhile. I've compiled a very long list of books to read since my joining of ATS; and at this point the only reading that is interfering with my reading of said books is the readin I do here on ATS.

It's time to live in the Now.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
noooooooooooooo!

I just typed a brilliant reply to this, dead long. Then facebook chat screwed my browser and one tap of the backspace key took me back a page.

Beware facebook chat! That broke the bloody monotony

epic fail...

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
If you see evil everywhere you turn, you're standing in the wrong place.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

I regret to say, based on alot of my posts, that I am a Christian. No wonder alot of non-Christians don't want anything to do with me, and think religion is evil. I have been blood thirsty. For that I am truely sorry. It ends today.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
If you see evil everywhere you turn, you're standing in the wrong place.

Well said. The good things in life are easily overshadowed by all the bad. It can become a twisted hobbey if not careful.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by trueperspective
reply to post by dragonsmusic

I regret to say, based on alot of my posts, that I am a Christian. No wonder alot of non-Christians don't want anything to do with me, and think religion is evil. I have been blood thirsty. For that I am truely sorry. It ends today.

I feel ya, man. You sound like you are going to put an end to the christianity-inspired element of your blood thirsty philosophy

I wish you well.
And if it helps, it took me leaving the church and about ten years of contemplating before I realized it was the christian teachings in my head that were making me depressed and causing me to want to cheer on the end of all times. This post could be it's own thread, but it's not and it won't be. It's for you , brother, because I know you are being for real.
Good luck.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I know ive never wanted the world to burn. I want the elite to pay for their crimes against humanity, but in leiu of that I just want to see equality. I'm sick of greed being the driving force, sick of profit at all costs, siick of all the sheeple playing keep up with the Joneses. No one needs a 30 room mansion or 5 cars. Ive never wanted any of that once I realized the hurt it caused others. The elite have somehow brainwashed people into believing their life is more valuable based on material possesions.

I know that when things change it will be harder for a while, that's the nature of change, but it will be so much more satisfying. We have become so far removed from creating and sustaining ourselves that the heart grows cold. Every generation wanted their.children to live the good life but with the gifting of our power and liberty we lost something a lot more important than comfort. We lost the satisfaction that comes from self-responsibility.

They have broken us down in this capatalist economy to were its everyone for themselves, no sense of community or interdependence exists anymore and yet in essence we are one. And until we get back to the foundations of society this sickness will haunt the hearts of many.

If you want change begin with yourself evaluate your life. First stop operating based on fear and instead use love. If you work doing something you don't love out of fear for a paycheck the answer is simple quit. Put your efforts behind love you will be provided for but you have to let go, and if your partner doesn't understand so be it. I'm not just soapboxing either, I recently lost my job at a huge corporation and vowed never to go back. If more people would quit and work for/open small business the power could be brought back to where it belongs, in the hands of the people.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by ISHAMAGI]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I have felt the same way and talked to a lot of people about it. I just want the end to come soon

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ISHAMAGI

What you are saying is true. We all feel the weight of the abuse that has been going on for so long. We all know that it is just a matter of time. That is why I am changing tactics. I will prepare for the future AND be satisfied with the present.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
You have hit the nail right on the head.

ATS, anarchy, conspiracy theories - they are all primarily (but not exclusively) created by our need to escape the boredom of everyday life. It's fantasy escapism given some semblance of credibility with "serious research".

And the support for that conclusion? Just take a look at the number of conspiracy theories that have actually been proven.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

That is exactly it. You perhaps said it better then I did.

top topics

join