It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help stop the 'Slaughter' of the U.S. Constitution

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Fidalis,

By threatening Civil War or any armed conflict immediately makes this now peaceful organization a violent and dangerous one for which immediately warrants intrusion and seizure of not only persons, but materials, computers and possibly personal property by officials with the US Dept. Of Homeland Security, The FBI, CIA, NSA, and The US Secret Service. Actions, suggestions of a magnitude of this are not warranted or needed.

Why do you hate that the insurance lobby is about to get chequed something fierce? The aura of Big Bad Government means that no company will dare threaten, endanger intentionally people's health?

How many family members have you seen get put through the ringer because they don't have the means to pay for their healthcare? This is to end that. People have enough to worry about nowadays then having to worry about keeping a roof over their head, clean clothes on their backs, food on the table, the bills paid. Have you ever known anyone who had to decide if paying the electric bill was more important then paying the water bill?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectJimmy
Now as for you, Tormentations: What the...?

How does keeping guns out of the hands of people proven to be dangerous and deranged hurt anyone at all? If someone has committed murder because of the voices in his head you bet I don't want him having a gun! That is not making the United States Constitution weak, it's basic common sense.

At the risk of being flamed here, I think the point is that the constitution doesn't discriminate against mentally ill or ex-convicts bearing arms.
So, anyone that endorses this policy is happy to pick and choose certain groups of people that the Second Amendment should apply to, whereas surely the Second Amendment should apply to all free Americans ?
That is why I think the poster is saying that it's weak, because most Americans get up in arms ( no pun intended
) over anything that they deem to be unconstitutional, yet are perfectly happy for it to be flouted in other ways, such as this.

I don't necessarily endorse that viewpoint - because as you say it's common sense to prevent these people from using guns - but surely it's a valid line of argument ?

I'm not American, so my apologies if I'm wrong about the understanding of the constitution here.

[edit on 21-3-2010 by Benji1999]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join