It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help stop the 'Slaughter' of the U.S. Constitution

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Here's an opportunity for the ATS community to voice their disdain for this ObamaCare Health Reform that the Democrats are trying to force upon the American people against our will.

Reportedly, the Pelosi-Reid-Obama Democrats are even considering invoking the so-called Slaughter Strategy. This strategy would have the House "pass" the Senate version of ObamaCare - without ever actually voting on it.
Writing in the Wall Street Journal, retired federal judge Michael McConnell says that using the Slaughter Strategy to pass ObamaCare "cannot be squared with Article I, Section 7 of the Constitution." Passing ObamaCare via the Slaughter Strategy may be constitutionally illegitimate. Even the Washington Post calls the Slaughter Strategy "dodgy" "legislative sleight of hand," while the Cincinatti Enquirer calls the Democrats' process "arrogant" and "disgusting."

They built their health care takeover bills via backroom manuevers and shady deals. The House passed its version of ObamaCare in a midnight, weekend vote last November when they thought no one was watching. The Senate passed its own version of ObamaCare on Christmas Eve 2009, again when they thought no one was watching.

And now they're planning on "Slaughtering" the Constitution.

Call your Congressman and tell them that the Slaughter Strategy must not be used to pass ObamaCare. Call wavering Democrats, listed below, and demand that they follow the Constitution. Tell them to reject the Slaughter Strategy, and reject ObamaCare. Tell them to scrap ObamaCare and start over with sensible, market-oriented reforms that will begin to bring health care costs in line.

Call the 12 Pro-Life Members who supported the pro-life Stupak Amendment but voted for Obamacare in 2009, and tell them to stand up for life and oppose ObamaCare:

Ahn "Joseph" Cao (Republican)
josephcao.house.gov...
Phone: (202) 225-6636
Louisiana's 2nd Congressinoal District
======================
Jerry Costello
costello.house.gov...
(202) 225-5661
Illinois 12th Congressional District
=======================
Kathy Dahlkemper
www.dahlkemper.house.gov...
Phone: (202) 225-5406
Pennsylvania's 3rd Congressional District
=========================
Joe Donnelly
donnelly.house.gov...
Phone: (202) 225-3915
Indiana's 2nd Congressional District
============================
Steve Driehaus
driehaus.house.gov...
Phone: (202) 225-2216
Ohio's 1st Congressional District
===============================
Brad Ellsworth
www.ellsworth.house.gov...
phone: (202) 225-4636
8th Congressional District of Indiana
======================================
Marcy Kaptur
www.kaptur.house.gov...
Phone: (202) 225-4146
9th Congressional District of Ohio
======================================
Dale E. Kildee
www.house.gov...
Phone: 202-225-3611
5th Congressional District of Illinois
=======================================
Daniel Lipinski
www.lipinski.house.gov...
Phone: (202) 225-5701
3rd Congressional District of Illinois
================================================
James Oberstar
oberstar.house.gov...
Phone: (202) 225-6211
8th Congressional District of Minnesota
===================================================
Bart Stupak
www.house.gov...
Phone: (202) 225 4735
1st Congressional District of Michigan
====================================================
Charlie Wilson
www.charliewilson.house.gov...
Phone: (202) 225-5705
6th Congressional District of Ohio

Call these moderate Democrats who were called to the White House to be pressured to vote YES, and tell them that any vote for ObamaCare will cost them their jobs:

John Adler
adler.house.gov...
Phone: (202) 225-4765
3rd District of New Jersey
=================================
Jason Altmire
altmire.house.gov...
Phone: 202-225-2565
4th Congressional District of Pennsylvania
==============================
Melissa Bean
Phone: 202-225-3711
www.house.gov...
8th Congressional District of Illinois
Lois Capps
capps.house.gov...
Phone: (202) 225-3601
23rd Congressional District of California
Joseph Crowley
crowley.house.gov...
Phone: 202-225-3965
7th Congressional District of New York
Ron Kind
www.kind.house.gov...
Phone: (202) 225-5506
3rd Congressional District of Wisconsin
Allyson Schwartz
schwartz.house.gov...
phone--202/225-6111
13th Cong

They want this ObamaCare passed by the end of the week. NOW is the time to get involved and let these people know that we will seek action at the polls if they help this bill undermine the American people. Nancy Pelosi is urging them to vote yes, even if it means political suicide.

This is not a Democrat vs. Republican issue ... This is the Government vs. the American People issue. Let's taint the importance of this duscussion with Partisan ideaology.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The way I feel is the American people for all for making the constitution WEAK.

If you are for x-cons labeled felons to not bear arms, then you are for the constitution to be WEAK. The right to bear arms in the constitution doesnt say any thing against felons or the mentally ill. Most of the american people are actually for the U.S. constitution to be null and void. If you are for it to be null and viod some, then you are for it to be null and viod whole.

Just my 2 cents. No one is fooling no one.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
i see where you are coming from, this whole country is totally messed up
the United States government is a ticking time bomb of utter disaster

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tormentations

If you are for x-cons labeled felons to not bear arms, then you are for the constitution to be WEAK. The right to bear arms in the constitution doesnt say any thing against felons or the mentally ill. Most of the american people are actually for the U.S. constitution to be null and void. If you are for it to be null and viod some, then you are for it to be null and viod whole.

Good luck backing up that assertion with facts.

I seriously doubt that most Americans want to nullify their rights.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Detailed Perfection

I will email my congressmen, and this is a good idea, a last stand, but I am annoyed that you had to bring in the pro-life stance into this thread. You actually alienated me and others that are pro-choice and yet still do not want this bill passed.

You said this was not about Rep vs. Dems, you should have kept this at "Let 's fight to stop this Bill and protect the Constitution" and left your personal portion of this bill for another thread.
And yes, I know pro-life is not Rep or Dem per se, but historically the votes do tend to follow party lines on this issue, so you did make this Rep vs. Dem.
My .02$

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Thought I'd share this-from the Congresswoman from Cal on your list. I am not in her district.

ThEmail Lois Capps- Zip Code Authentication
Find out if you are a Resident of the Twenty-Third Congressional District of California
I am very interested in hearing your views on issues of importance to you. Due to the large volume of US mail, emails and faxes I receive, I am only able to accept messages from residents of the Twenty-Third Congressional District of California. If you are a resident of another district, I encourage you to contact your Representative in Congress using the Write Your Representative Service available at www.House.gov.

Please provide the following information (including your 4 digit ZIP code extension) to help determine whether you reside within the Twenty-Third District of California, and go on to submit your email message:

Fields marked with asterisks (**) are required.

Typical.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Or how about we stop the elitism that the upper middle class doesn't want to have to share the same doctors as the lower class?
Or lets admit that people don't want to progress and eliminate the class system all together.
Because this is what this is really about, or Faux news wouldnt' be trying to scare you and tell you that you will be waiting in line for months.
By the way, we know the Faux mantra they repeat over and over that this is being shoved down people's throats. It has been going on well over a year now.

If it was being shoved down your throat unconstitutionally, it would of been done already.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by nixie_nox]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I'm just curious if you guys tried to stop this same type of self-executing rule the 112 time the republicans used it in the 106th, 107th, and 108th congress.

When Republicans took power in 1995, they soon lost their aversion to self-executing rules and proceeded to set new records under Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.). There were 38 and 52 self-executing rules in the 104th and 105th Congresses (1995-1998), making up 25 percent and 35 percent of all rules, respectively. Under Speaker Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.) there were 40, 42 and 30 self-executing rules in the 106th, 107th and 108th Congresses (22 percent, 37 percent and 22 percent, respectively)

Link To Source

Just curious.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

The contact information, including the pre-text to it, was sent to me in an email from the Texas GOP.

I, personally, did not add the Pro-Life information.

I just felt that it was a very important message that needed to be brought to ATS so that any member that was represented by any of these people on the list might actually take the information and make contact.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I'm just curious if you guys tried to stop this same type of self-executing rule the 112 time the republicans used it in the 106th, 107th, and 108th congress.

When Republicans took power in 1995, they soon lost their aversion to self-executing rules and proceeded to set new records under Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.). There were 38 and 52 self-executing rules in the 104th and 105th Congresses (1995-1998), making up 25 percent and 35 percent of all rules, respectively. Under Speaker Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.) there were 40, 42 and 30 self-executing rules in the 106th, 107th and 108th Congresses (22 percent, 37 percent and 22 percent, respectively)

Link To Source

Just curious.

You have no idea what any of that means because you copied it directly from that website.
So you did not post it in an effort to shed light on anything specific.
You posted it in order to try to turn the tables and show the Republicans in a bad light, because you're wanting to turn this into a Rep vs. Dem thread.

No where in my OP did I try to paint the Dems in a bad light or imply that they're trying to do something that the Reps. have never done.

Yeah, the Reps have done it in the past. So have the Dems. That's not the point.

The point is .. The Dems are going to try to push this Obama Care through eventhough the American People have voiced their concerns and have said NO THANK YOU.

Hell, even their fellow Dems won't even vote for it.

Stop trolling.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
phone calls do nothing.

People actually taking time enough to show they care by showing up to voting booths?

Thats what matters.

If everyone were required to vote, i think we'd see a different country.

As it is, only those who care about politics ever show up.

And most of them already divided by stupidity.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

You have no idea what any of that means because you copied it directly from that website.

Yes I did paste it from the website...that is what you do when you are posting facts from a source.

I know exactly what it means.

You posted it in order to try to turn the tables and show the Republicans in a bad light, because you're wanting to turn this into a Rep vs. Dem thread.

I posted it because your title is concerned about "Slaughtering" the constitution. ANd if you consider using this type of rule as "slaughtering" the constitution...then you are too late...it has been done many many times before.

So my question is...what are your motives? It obviously has nothing to do about perserving the constitution since you haven't care about that before this one time. So what is your motivation???

The point is .. The Dems are going to try to push this Obama Care through eventhough the American People have voiced their concerns and have said NO THANK YOU.

Really...do you have proof of that??? Oh...and not a national poll of 1000 people. Show me polls from the districts of the representatives that are voting "yes" that shows their district is against it. We are not a mob rule government...a national poll tells you nothing about how individual districts feel about this health care bill. In fact...don't show me a sampling poll form the districts...show me a full poll of all voters in those districts to show me that overwhelmingly they don't support it.

I have gone over and over what is wrong with these national polls on an legislative bill where representatives are suppose to vote the way their own constituents want them to vote and not how a national poll want them to vote. I would explain it in more detail...but i'm tired and need a shower
If you really want to hear more on how flawed looking at national polls for this type of thing is...just let me know and I will be glad to explain more.

Stop trolling.

Care to explain to me how I am trolling? I'm asking valid questions and responding to your own statements. Please...expalin to me how that is trolling.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Okay .. Well I appologize for saying that you were trolling, because this post is a very good reply to open up discussion. Please accept.

As far as, passed occurences of the same thing happening .. To be honest, I've never been much of a strong follower of politics in the past. Only until recently have I become more involved and investigative to Local, State and National politics. So no, I wasn't concerned, because I was unaware that it was going on at the time.

My main motivation is the way Obama/Pelosi/Ried are trying to bully their way through process in order to get their Health Care passed. Our government is suppose to be Of the People, For the People, By the People .. Eventhough their health care bill is very unpopular and not wanted by the majority of American tax payers, they're still fighting to push it through regardless of votes.

I'm not talking about polls either. Newspapers and News Channels across the U.S. are full of coverage about how America does not want the bill.

They can't even get their own party members to vote for the bill. There's obviously something wrong when the people who are supposed to be on your side stand against you.

Pelosi even told Dems to vote yes even if it meant political suicide. Now she's saying that the bill needs to pass so that "we can see what's in it".

That's not how it works. You can't propose a 2,000 page plus bill in the middle of the night to be voted on early the next morning, expecting it to pass due to the blind faith of fellow party members.

You want proof of the disdain for this health care bill? Look at Congress and the Senate to start. The proof is everywhere.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Voting in November is going to be too late on this issue.

They're wanting to force this through and get it passed IMMEDIATELY!

Support the ones saying no.

Calls the ones saying yes.

If they take no action now, then they've basicly signed their death certificate come November.

You're right, Voting does matter and we need more people to show up at the polls and cast their votes to gets their voices heard.

Be a supporter and become a Voter Registrar and help people get registered to vote and encourage them to hit the polls in November.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Well I appologize for saying that you were trolling, because this post is a very good reply to open up discussion. Please accept.

Accepted...but no apology is really necessary...we are just discussing our differing views...which is a good thing.

As far as, passed occurences of the same thing happening .. To be honest, I've never been much of a strong follower of politics in the past. Only until recently have I become more involved and investigative to Local, State and National politics. So no, I wasn't concerned, because I was unaware that it was going on at the time.

Who did know really? I can't say I was digging through congressional sessions to find all their procedures and how they work. If there is one positive thing that everyone should be able to admit about this whole healthcare bill process is that it has gotten more people involved in how our government works. It is shocking a lot of people...but it is making people aware. Some will see it and think it should stop...some will see it and see nothing wrong...and some will see it and see that it has evolved to this point and it is now the system we have to work with.

The problem I have with the outrage is from the elected officials that know and have known that these rules exist and have probably used them in the past themselves. And they use this fake outrage to get the American public outraged over something that they themselves are guilty of in the past. It's used as a political tactic because they assume the public is dumb and won't research it themselves. That is part of my reason for pointing out the history of these procedures and to show those politicians that are currently faking outrage are just as guilty and are assuming Americans are dumb enough to fall for it without questioning.

My main motivation is the way Obama/Pelosi/Ried are trying to bully their way through process in order to get their Health Care passed. Our government is suppose to be Of the People, For the People, By the People .. Eventhough their health care bill is very unpopular and not wanted by the majority of American tax payers, they're still fighting to push it through regardless of votes.

That is a valid concern if you aren't a supporter of the healthcare bill. However I am a supporter of the bill and my main concern was that they were playing too soft with the republicans and allowing them to demonize this bill and scare teh public.

This process has been going on for over a year...anyone claiming they are trying to ram this through is just not being honest. It has been a very long process...any politician who complains that they haven't had time to read the bill is lying. These bills have been out there for a long time...if they don't know what is in it at this point they are either lying or being willfully ignorant of the bill by choosing not to read it.

I'm not talking about polls either. Newspapers and News Channels across the U.S. are full of coverage about how America does not want the bill.

You can't claim that all of america doesn't want this. At the highest poll numbers...I think it was 60% saying they aren't happy with the current bill. Some of that are those who think the bill is too large...some of that are those who think the bill is too small. Look at Kucinich...he held out a long time saying he didn't support it...not because he thinks it is too big and takes control of too much, or costs too much. His concern was that it doesn't do enough. Only 4% want the government to do nothing. THere are so many differing opinions on healthcare...you are never going to get a consensus on what the "right" method is. I think 40% is pretty darn good given how many different ideas are out there.

Real Clear Politics average of the polls has it at 41.1% in favor and 48.6% opposed. That is a difference of 7.5%...that really isn't an "overwhelming" voice of the people. Do you think it is???

RCP Polls

They can't even get their own party members to vote for the bill. There's obviously something wrong when the people who are supposed to be on your side stand against you.

There is nothing wrong with representatives listening to their constituents...you would think the dems would be applauded for this...but instead they are just accused of rebeling against the party and so the bill must be horrible.

Pelosi even told Dems to vote yes even if it meant political suicide. Now she's saying that the bill needs to pass so that "we can see what's in it".

I believe her quote was so the American people can see what is in it without being lied to from every angle.

That's not how it works. You can't propose a 2,000 page plus bill in the middle of the night to be voted on early the next morning, expecting it to pass due to the blind faith of fellow party members.

These bills have been out for a long long time. It isn't hard to read 2000 pages...especially if that is what you are elected and paid to do. It should take someone 3-4 hours tops...have you seen the bill...it isn't really a full page of text. It is probably more like 500 pages (if that) if you put it into a normal document with normal font and spacing.

You want proof of the disdain for this health care bill? Look at Congress and the Senate to start.

There is disdain from one side and individual concerns from the other. Shouldn't we be happy that they are asking questions, getting their concerns addressed...and then deciding to vote?? Instead of just a straight party vote? Don't you think it is odd that the dems have people saying they aren't sure...yet not one single person on the republican side is saying "yeah...maybe this bill is the right decision to make"???

One side is being concerned, questioning and listening to their constituents...one side is holding the party line. Do you honestly think every single republican district is against this???

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Let's see how many people actually read and fully understand the following :

No entity can take your guaranteed Constitutional rights away but YOU! Government knows full well they cannot take away anyone's rights without the explicit and direct consent of the people.

HEALTHCARE REFORM HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CONSTITUTION SO STOP COMPARING THE TWO. THIS DIVISION MEANS THEY WIN AND WE LOSE. STOP PLAYING INTO THE RHETORICAL NONSENSE PEOPLE. GROW A BRAIN AND REALIZE THAT THE INSURANCE LOBBY WANTS THIS KILLED AND IS SPENDING NORTH OF $5 TRILLION TO KILL IT WHILE KEEPING EVERYONE ACROSS THE SPECTRUM'S RATES UP.

NO ONE CAN COST YOU YOUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS BUT YOU! GOT IT????????????????

I apologize for the caps but people think they do not have a choice. The Public Option is not mandated healthcare. Efreakinough already.

When more then 75% of the populous is demanding reform across the political spectrum makes this mandated by the people. Too many people are one debilitating illness away from total and complete financial ruin.

Cheque and mate Insurance lobby.

For those of you who don't want reform I say this :

When you are in effectively priced out of your coverage and your carrier won't cover your surgery you formally forfeit all rights to complain about it. Don't go crying foul when your kid's surgery forces you to mortgage out so much equity out of your house that due to mounting bills they decide to forclouse on your house because you can't pay it you do not have a right to complain.

Keep on doing the bidding of the money groups and watch how worse you life is bound to get.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tormentations

First off wow, this is a hell of a thread! I don't think I've given out that many stars on one page in a long time, brilliant debate.

Now as for you, Tormentations: What the...?

How does keeping guns out of the hands of people proven to be dangerous and deranged hurt anyone at all? If someone has committed murder because of the voices in his head you bet I don't want him having a gun! That is not making the United States Constitution weak, it's basic common sense.

The US Constitution consists of a lot more than the Second Amendment as well. America has a system by which they can re-write the constitution legally. Two of them in fact, the document can be amended, even to void previous portions, or a new constitutional convention can be held at the request of the states.

Voiding part of the constitution does not invalidate the entire document either, when the 21st Amendment repealed the 18th Amendment ending prohibition, the United States did not implode.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Detailed Perfection
Call the 12 Pro-Life Members who supported the pro-life Stupak Amendment but voted for Obamacare in 2009, and tell them to stand up for life and oppose ObamaCare:

Stand up for life? You do realize that the bill has been modified several times to suit GOP demands to exclude even the remote possibility that any federal funds would concievably in any way pay for anything remotely associated with abortion?

Are you aware that the CATHOLIC health association (CATHOLIC HOSPITALS) has recently declared support for the bill? Are they guilty of "not standing up for life" also?

Originally posted by Detailed Perfection
Let's taint the importance of this duscussion with Partisan ideaology.

This last line in your OP was pretty much the only honest thing you said and it was apparently by accident.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
phone calls do nothing.

People actually taking time enough to show they care by showing up to voting booths?

Thats what matters.

If everyone were required to vote, i think we'd see a different country.

As it is, only those who care about politics ever show up.

And most of them already divided by stupidity.

Yeah, we would see a different country. Because most of the people that don't vote don't care. And if you had votes from people that don't care...

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The US Constitution was null and void when FDR threatend the Supreme Court that it would stack the bench to get enough rulings for the New Deal to pass.
We should have had a revolution then. If this Obama Care thing passes we need an armed violent civil war to fix this country. There is no other way at this point.
The Democrats are the acrhitects of this and so, should pay the price. They should be hanging by their necks from light posts and bridges.

So, if you aren't willing to pick up a gun and knife and eliminate Democrats from planet earth, you are just a plain useless whiner.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join