It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minority Report is becoming real scary new technology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Mobile Mind Screening Checkpoints 2010
this video shows a new portable security checkpoint full of sensors that is able to detect if you going commit a possible crime soon

us homeland security project

Future
Attribute
Screening
Technology

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The video says the technology is non-invasive, but the interviewer sure wasn't. So what is the point of the scanning technology if it simply results in a flat out interrogation. Every day we lose a little more freedom. Seems to me, this is an overblown version of the TSA scanners, that probably costs few million to equip and operate. I am all for reasonable security measures, but this setup is over the top.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by madmax8

I remember watching that movie and thinking how scary the idea was for somebody to be arrested for committing a "Future Crime". The concept of "pre-crime" is so outrageous when you consider the number of variables involved in determining whether somebody is actually going to commit a crime in the future.

Let's hope that those pushing for this technology fail to bring concepts like "pre-crime" and "future-murder" into the mainstream and enforce them on the masses.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by madmax8

Yep, this technology has been in the pipeline for a while. Originally called Project Hostile Intent, ironic isn't it?

Project Hostile Intent - the real 'Minority Report'

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
This is what they did to me in 1992, get it 1992.

they use this tech so they can destroy innocent people. Everyone and get it everyone can commit a crime. Precrime is absolute bull.

I have paid the last 18 years just for people making up stuff in this minority report brain scanning he is going to do something rubbish.

Its all garbage like the film showed.

My life has shown that this tech is there to go after people that are doing nothing.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
reply to post by madmax8

Yep, this technology has been in the pipeline for a while. Originally called Project Hostile Intent, ironic isn't it?

Project Hostile Intent - the real 'Minority Report'

ive never heard of a more fitting name for a project...

sickening..imagine if you have to go through this when you want to watch a football game or get on a train...or enter a shopping area of your town...

i doubt they would last too long to be honest...they would need round the clock security otherwise they would be destroyed..

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
If this makes it through, they will [then] have reason to visit me, but until it does, they can count on full opposition from me and everyone I care to tell.

It certainly does seem as though we are being bombarded on so many fronts as to make us all lose hope in ever even engaging in the combat of holding on to as much freedom as we can for as long as possible. But the magnitude of their failure is in that the more zealous (and anxious) they become, the more aware the people become of their tactics - placing them in full view.

In my opinion, this is a monumental mistake on their part, and affords us all a bit of hope.

Star for the vigilance!

[edit on 17-3-2010 by lagnar]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Focussing on the semantics (literally?) of the issue for a minute, isn't the idea of Precrime fundamentally flawed? Isn't it action (or in some cases, the failure of taking action) that determines whether a crimes has or has not been committed?

For example, Let's say I have a boss who I am not too fond of. I often think about being rude to him when he speaks to me in his condescending and patronising tone. One day he really annoys me and I fantasise about smashing him in the face with a baseball bat, and continuing to smash him repeatability while he is on the ground, bleeding.

Now, according to this Precrime idea, I could be charged with the future harmful assault and possible murder of another person. There goes my creativity and uniqueness!

[edit on 17/3/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Let's hope that those pushing for this technology fail to bring concepts like "pre-crime" and "future-murder" into the mainstream and enforce them on the masses.

Unfortunately it is here, and is working, and applied and enforced on the masses.

Who may build nuclear weapon very soon?
Who will be responsible for WWIII?
Who will be responsible if airplane crashes in the whitehouse?

See, it is working, and masses wil be happy to watch on CNN how U.S.A. is punishing those damn terrorist and luckilly stop them creating nukes and then cause WWIII!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I watched a movie about this a long time ago i don't really remeber the name but They had people in a pool in the middle and it would show images from their mind about someone making a crime happen in the future and they would piece all the clues together and then they would figure out the crime and stop it before it happens. Would this be like a machine that can tell a crime before you do it? Sorry if i sound kinda stupid in this post.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
this book and MANY other books were writen by Philip K. Dick. a visionary author. look him up. and his other works. you'll be amazed that he wrote this and many other favorites you have. Blade Runner. Paycheck. A Scanner Darkly. Total Recall. Screamers. Next.

he saw something other didn't. ask yourself why?

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
George Orwell... 1984
Thoughtcrime was defined as merely thinking about defying the ruling authorities. What is the pre-thoughtcrime definition of crime itself if not the ACT of defying some law or regulation of the ruling authority? So, by that definition futurecrime or thoughtcrime will be, not just according to Orwell apparently, but in real life, today, thinking of the act of defiance. ...and so their utopia becomes the common man's dystopia.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
It just occurred to me that I am completely incompatible with any scenario 'pre-crime' could muster. I'm sure most of us are.

Surely something like this would cause a certain distillation of a nation's people...those who choose to really live, and those who choose to merely exist.

Choice is always paramount in any living entity. I choose life.

[edit on 20-3-2010 by lagnar]

new topics

top topics

join